Showdown at Glastonbury (full)

Michaels denim shorts

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Well I've got the foreword sorted.

Some of the names in this book have been changed to protect the inocent.

And the guilty.

This is already marvellous. 

It’s like a teaser trailer! But with Glasto-traveller-history larks! 

More!

• 1 year later...
On 11/27/2018 at 7:29 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

"Arresting disease ridden travellers can be a health risk" say police, "they flick fleas at us, use them as weapons and we have to burn our police uniforms". Classic 

"Some travellers live almost beyond the law"  Now that really is bollocks, we lived well outside the law. :D

Know lots of faces in that film, some of who aren't with us anymore. Likewise with some of the wonderful vehicles.

"The travellers won't be here this year, they are having their own do"  ME.  One of the few occasions when ME called it wrong. He gave between £7k and 15k to a well known face on the scene to put on an alternative festival.It didn't happen, not even nearly. The money went up his nose/into his arm. I knew him. He died years ago. 

After the problems of '90 (it really was a minority of our lot causing trouble, had it been everyone they would have had to call in the army) we saw that the writing was on the wall so I cobbled together a covered stage which was used as The Outside Circus Stage in '92 so got a big posse in legitamately.

To anyone who has watched this film and doesn't know the score, it is hugely biased against the travelling scene as was. The Mutoid Waste Co (Joe Rush), Lost Vagueness, Shangri La, The Common, The Unfairground, Arcadia and many other areas and performances at the festival all evolved from the travelling scene.

ME is a genius. He is the most accomplished negotiator and problem solver I've ever known. Back in the day he had The Establisment baying for his blood. Now they love him and what he has achieved.

His version of Christianity is also super flexible. It keeps all sides happy.

Respect.

(I could say so much more but who wants to read essays on here)

Would love to hear some more stories from that era if you have any! :)