2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

11 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

I've seen Noel, Liam and Beady eye since Oasis split and the standout was definitely Liam at Sziget festival last year.

Yeah to be fair, I think back to Noel on his 1st arena tour and I enjoyed it but when I saw Liam in Manchester it was better by quite a distance. Only difference is with Noel you get Don't look back in anger and I don't believe Liam does it but then he does a host more like Cigarettes and Alcohol so. If the Pyramid crowd get right behind him and its not just a washout the field will be buzzing.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah to be fair, I think back to Noel on his 1st arena tour and I enjoyed it but when I saw Liam in Manchester it was better by quite a distance. Only difference is with Noel you get Don't look back in anger and I don't believe Liam does it but then he does a host more like Cigarettes and Alcohol so. If the Pyramid crowd get right behind him and its not just a washout the field will be buzzing.

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.."... I am sure i am not the first person to quote it.

On the one side: creative talent, wit and charm and the other: spirit, arrogance and surliness in the extreme.

I am not particularly an Oasis fan but on their own they are average karaoke acts 

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Liam did "Don't look back..." on the Other.

The majority of the crowd would only be there for the Oasis songs - I don't think I'd go to either on their own (again) unless there was nothing else on. Together - that's a different story! 

14 minutes ago, briddj said:

Well he did an acapella version off the hoof in memory of those lost in the Manchester bombing. I wouldn't call that actually doing the song. It's the only time he has ever had the song in his live set.

I knew why he was doing it at the time but didn't know he hadn't done it since (even though it's Noel's). ? 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Liam did "Don't look back..." on the Other.

The majority of the crowd would only be there for the Oasis songs - I don't think I'd go to either on their own (again) unless there was nothing else on. Together - that's a different story! 

True that the majority want Oasis songs, but the new stuff with the backing singers wasn’t bad at all. It really bugs me when bands apologize for playing new stuff, which Liam kind of did if my memory serves me right. 

1 hour ago, Watergirl said:

True that the majority want Oasis songs, but the new stuff with the backing singers wasn’t bad at all. It really bugs me when bands apologize for playing new stuff, which Liam kind of did if my memory serves me right. 

I went for Oasis stuff because he's the original singer, Ashcroft played a big part. I didn't mind some of Liams stuff, but not enough to bother making effort to play it.

16 hours ago, spector95 said:

what's the likelihood of hans zimmer being there do you think?? did an amazing live set at Coachella

5 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

oh man, that would be every kind of awesome. He hasn't got any performances booked around Glastonbury but who knows how full his schedule is!

He is not even touring with the Hans Zimmer tour this time around so does seem unlikely at the moment.

On 1/20/2019 at 9:38 AM, thewayiam said:

Sorry I thought I'd replied to this but seems like I haven't. When I saw Liam even his non oasis songs sounded good and got a decent enough reaction from the crowd. I think both Liam and Noel will go down well but Liam's likely set is more festival friendly.

8 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

Sorry I thought I'd replied to this but seems like I haven't. When I saw Liam even his non oasis songs sounded good and got a decent enough reaction from the crowd. I think both Liam and Noel will go down well but Liam's likely set is more festival friendly.

Yes I think it would, Noel doesn't have anywhere the onstage charisma of Liam.

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Was great in 2016 on the Other. I'd be happy to see again.

I saw them then and was pleasantly surprised. That was a great day of music.