2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

32 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Wow - the kid on the right in the first vid is my cousin. They fell out and they kicked him out between the two.

Don't think he regrets it (musically at least) with where they've gone. It's just so weird that they're now little clones of the 1975 - she should have more confidence in her natural voice.

That’s certainly interesting to hear. I can imagine there being a significant trade-off - changing in the identity for more-or-less guaranteed success (to an extent) and props to your cousin if he’s unbothered by it.

• Upvote 1

Incidentally, the lad on the right in the 2nd video is my step dads grandson.

No sure how he came to be in Pale Waves but he moved to Manchester with his old band and they split up and next thing I knew he was in Pale Waves. 

My Mum gets really annoyed when she watches anything or reads anything about them as it's always about the two girls. Then I have to explain the nature of the music industry to my Mum and it falls on deaf ears.

On 1/6/2019 at 1:56 AM, Gutterflower said:

I am ready for the abuse coming my way,

Deep breath. Personally i am hoping for a bit of the Wombats.
I never got to see them at their (brief) peak,

Their last album did pretty well and i'd love to see them mid roster on the other stage.

As the sort of guy who apparently dates Sociopaths their song "Turn" was one of my 2018 songs. 

I think top 4 on Other is likely for them.   Will be interesting to see where they are placed actually.    Drew a HUGE crowd 4th down main at Reading last year and they're playing Wembley Arena next month.   They've still got a big audience.

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

According to today's Daily Star, both Noel and Liam will be playing at Glastonbury this year.

I might have said that already. :P 

Still think Noel headlining Other vs. Stormzy/Liam on the Pyramid would be the best outcome of this. How realistic it is to have Wonderwall played b2b on different stages I’m not sure, but with Stormzy’s Instagram post + the obvious sibling rivalry it’d be pretty funny.

Noel and Liam both subbing the Pyramid would be shite, especially if I have to stand through some of Noel pre-McCartney.

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I must admit, despite being sceptical at first I'm coming round to the idea of NGHFB as Other opener. With Childish Gambino seemingly back in the mix it seems even less likely now they'd give two Pyramid sub spots up to the Gallaghers.

Actually yeah scrap what I said - this would be the best outcome. He still seems a fair bit bigger than the other stuff they’ve had in that spot, but maybe it’s just something he’s willing to do. 

Whats stopping it being the two Gallaghers + Gambino though? We don’t have any real inkling of a third sub do we?

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Actually yeah scrap what I said - this would be the best outcome. He still seems a fair bit bigger than the other stuff they’ve had in that spot, but maybe it’s just something he’s willing to do. 

Whats stopping it being the two Gallaghers + Gambino though? We don’t have any real inkling of a third sub do we?

Nothing to stop it as far as I know, just seems a bit of a strange booking. Liam, Noel, The Cure and Macca is a helluva lot of guitars and boabies for the top of the bill. Lana Del Rey has been touted hasn't she?

I really can't imagine they'd book Noel and Liam in the same slot in the same year. It just looks daft if nothing else. Can you imagine the lineup poster dropping with "Noel Gallagher" and "Liam Gallagher" one after the other? Other stage headliner or opener for Noel if they're both there.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I really can't imagine they'd book Noel and Liam in the same slot in the same year. It just looks daft if nothing else. Can you imagine the lineup poster dropping with "Noel Gallagher" and "Liam Gallagher" one after the other? Other stage headliner or opener for Noel if they're both there.

Yeah when you put it like that I think you've got a point actually, would be a bit.. odd

On 12/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, Watergirl said:

Just went through this thread. I was at that Nick Cave show mentioned earlier. It was amazing. The hordes of Mumfords fans around me (already in place for the headliner) looked positively scared.

I have seen him at Leftfield and Other but I think it’s high time Frank Turner was given a slot on the Pyramid.

Would also love to see Richard Ashcroft, after missing out on a ticket for his gig over here...

As I was leaving that gig to catch surprisingly almost all of the Pumpkins, a girl in the official "It's not as good as it used to be" outfit of hunter wellies, hotpants and daisy chain in hair topping of an overly made-up face said about Nick:

"I can't believe they let people like him IN to Glastonbury, let alone PLAY the Pyramid" 

As I walked off I remarked how I couldn't believe people staying to see such a steaming pile of shit as Mumfords and my mates trailing behind said she turned out to look at me, jaw on floor. I'm no Johnny Depp, so reckon might have been something I said....

• Upvote 2

Makes a change from the Star’s yearly Oasis Glastonbury reunion articles.

Noel’s not opening the Other three weeks after his biggest ever solo gig. Come on pals. If it wasn’t for his comments about wanting to get pissed the rest of the weekend it’d be laughable, and he has work that weekend so that was seemingly a joke.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Noel's in Exeter on the Sunday so that's ruled out, if he's playing then I can't see past Other headliner on Friday. A booking to keep the "grime at Glastonbury? I'm not having that" crew happy (that said I'd probably go see him).

My bet would be they don't put both Gallaghers on the initial poster.

Wouldn't it be a little on-the-nose, and almost passive aggressive to put Noel and Stormzy against each other on the Friday? 

I'm also not sure the balance between Other and Pyramid would be right on the night with those two - I think they'll have to think carefully about the distribution of people across the stages and strength of acts.

10 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Wouldn't it be a little on-the-nose, and almost passive aggressive to put Noel and Stormzy against each other on the Friday? 

Probably, but I just don't see where else he goes. If we assume Liam is subbing Stormzy then it's either Friday Other headliner or Saturday Pyramid sub for Noel.  

Rather than a 'special guest' set opening Other, is there any reason such a slot couldn't happen on the Pyramid? Would settle any concerns over overcrowding and still massage Noel's who as it's a 'special guest slot and would undoubtedly pull a huge crowd.