2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

Really hoping for Foals, don't think they'll have any new music incoming but I've managed to miss seeing them since their second album.

Plus with the recent announcement, seems likely they'll be doing a few shows next summer. 

Where do people think they would go, Other Stage headliner? Sub for Pyramid?

1 minute ago, Acid Loafers said:

Really hoping for Foals, don't think they'll have any new music incoming but I've managed to miss seeing them since their second album.

Plus with the recent announcement, seems likely they'll be doing a few shows next summer. 

Subbed the Pyramid last time they played so I'd see them as an Other Stage headliner. 

What about Beirut? New album in Feb and a tour after. They'd be excellent on the Park Stage

30 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

They have got an album coming out next year, just a question of whether it's before June or not. Seems strange to do a European tour on your album release year before the albums been released (seems strange to me, might be common...) so hopefully it's out the first half of the year.

Think it might be a bit soon for them to come back but happy to be wrong, I know they got offered the secret set Libs did the year Foo Fighters cancelled but turned it down because they'd not had chance to rehearse What Went Down , so maybe that could be a possiblity.

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

They have got an album coming out next year, just a question of whether it's before June or not. Seems strange to do a European tour on your album release year before the albums been released (seems strange to me, might be common...) so hopefully it's out the first half of the year.

Think it might be a bit soon for them to come back but happy to be wrong, I know they got offered the secret set Libs did the year Foo Fighters cancelled but turned it down because they'd not had chance to rehearse What Went Down , so maybe that could be a possiblity.

They did that in 2016 though.

Don't see where they'd fit next year, they'r certainly not headlining but it seems silly to have them subbing again so soon.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

They did that in 2016 though.

Don't see where they'd fit next year, they'r certainly not headlining but it seems silly to have them subbing again so soon.

Did what in 2016? As far as I can remember they were fairely quiet most of 2015 then What Went Down came out August bank holiday, they did secret sets at both R&L and then toured it end of 2015/2016. So the album was long out by the time they got to Glasto.

Yeah I agree I don't see them appearing on the poster at all but I don't think a secret set is completely out the question, especially if the album is out before/in June.

Just now, alexlloyd said:

Did what in 2016? As far as I can remember they were fairely quiet most of 2015 then What Went Down came out August bank holiday, they did secret sets at both R&L and then toured it end of 2015/2016. So the album was long out by the time they got to Glasto.

Yeah I agree I don't see them appearing on the poster at all but I don't think a secret set is completely out the question, especially if the album is out before/in June.

They subbed in 2016, the same slot the Libertines did. They’re not playing that high up again.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They subbed in 2016, the same slot the Libertines did. They’re not playing that high up again. 

Fair enough, I didn't mean they'd sub, just that they were considered for a secret set when the last album was due for release (admittedly, because of Foos), so there's a chance they could be with the new one as well.

Just now, alexlloyd said:

Fair enough, I didn't mean they'd sub, just that they were considered for a secret set when the last album was due for release (admittedly, because of Foos), so there's a chance they could be with the new one as well.

Ah, crossed wires I think. I suppose a secret set like the Killers did isn't beyond question.

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

I wouldn't say so, can't think of any recent examples but there's little crossover. Wouldn't surprise me to see SP on the farm tho.

Biffy Clyro subbing Ed Sheeran & headlining Download (2017) springs to mind. Think SP would be an Other sub if they played, same spot as 2013 iirc so idk if Corgan would be happy about that.

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I did.

And regretted it.

While not a Nick Cave fan (through not actively listening to him rather than not liking him), I also regretted seeing the Pumpkins.  I knew going into it that it would be 45 minutes of Corgan being a self indulgent man baby and yet somehow, I was still disappointed.

It did amuse me that he managed to find identical replacement members - Asian guitarist? Check, lady bassist? Check.  I'm assuming that the drummer had substance misuse problems so thats a check.

I remember being incredibly confused over the random guitarist Corgan pulled out half way through the set.  He looked like a low rent Tommy Chong impersonator.  Was most unseemly.

30 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

While not a Nick Cave fan (through not actively listening to him rather than not liking him), I also regretted seeing the Pumpkins.  I knew going into it that it would be 45 minutes of Corgan being a self indulgent man baby and yet somehow, I was still disappointed.

It did amuse me that he managed to find identical replacement members - Asian guitarist? Check, lady bassist? Check.  I'm assuming that the drummer had substance misuse problems so thats a check.

I remember being incredibly confused over the random guitarist Corgan pulled out half way through the set.  He looked like a low rent Tommy Chong impersonator.  Was most unseemly.

It was Uli Jon Roth from the Scorpions.

I thought the set was great - I felt the rest of the crowd seemed to love it too.

I don’t regret missing Cave because I saw a great Cave set on one of his finest albums a few years later. Though I was pretty new to Cave and a longtime Pumpkins fan at that point so it wasn’t that tough for me anyway.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It was Uli Jon Roth from the Scorpions.

I thought the set was great - I felt the rest of the crowd seemed to love it too.

I don’t regret missing Cave because I saw a great Cave set on one of his finest albums a few years later. Though I was pretty new to Cave and a longtime Pumpkins fan at that point so it wasn’t that tough for me anyway.

See I didn't (and still don't) have any strong love for either but I really fancied seeing both to see what the fuss was about, the majority of my mates wanted to see the Pumpkins so I went along with them. Found it a big disappointment and left feeling that I should have watched Cave instead.