2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'm not sure if he usually plays gigs over Glasto weekend but he's usually actively touring at the time so I don't think it really makes any difference.

He never normally does. He usually makes a point of saying he enjoys going to Glasto, which is why he said he would play the Friday Other Stage opener so he can enjoy his weekend. As you say he say he's usually touring around that time but this is the first time he's playing a gig elsewhere that weekend which suggests more to me he'd be playing at Glasto not just being a punter.

34 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

He never normally does. He usually makes a point of saying he enjoys going to Glasto, which is why he said he would play the Friday Other Stage opener so he can enjoy his weekend. As you say he say he's usually touring around that time but this is the first time he's playing a gig elsewhere that weekend which suggests more to me he'd be playing at Glasto not just being a punter.

If he’s going to be in the area as a punter anyway I don’t think the fact we now know he’s in the area makes him nailed on.

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

In the area as in he's playing gigs that weekend which he doesn't normally do. He's always there as a punter.

Yeah but he's in the area every year because he's there as a punter every year. In fact, being in Exeter for one of the festival days means he's actually less in the area than usual (assuming he stays for the weekend normally).

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah but he's in the area every year because he's there as a punter every year. In fact, being in Exeter for one of the festival days means he's actually less in the area than usual (assuming he stays for the weekend normally).

No, that's awful logic. The fact he's doing a gig elsewhere one of the days suggests he's not taking the weekend as a break this year and actually might play. Every year he says stuff like he's not playing anywhere that weekend cause he's at Glasto but this year's different so he's probs playing. That's before you get into the fact there's actual sources saying he's playing.

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

No, that's awful logic. The fact he's doing a gig elsewhere one of the days suggests he's not taking the weekend as a break this year and actually might play. Every year he says stuff like he's not playing anywhere that weekend cause he's at Glasto but this year's different so he's probs playing. That's before you get into the fact there's actual sources saying he's playing.

But if he's there playing on, say, the Saturday, surely he'd want to stay there for the rest of the weekend for the same reason he goes for the weekend every other year? I don't see why playing Glastonbury would change his stance that he doesn't do other gigs on Glasto weekend so he can attend the festival. In fact, if he's performing at Glasto that's part of his Glasto free time already taken up, so I'd say he has even less reason to go and play a gig elsewhere on the Sunday.

As I said earlier, he's always active around Glasto weekend anyway so it can't be a case of "well I've rehearsed now so I may as well fit in another gig while I'm at it", because he's normally active around the time anyway.

I'm not saying it makes him any less likely, I just don't think it makes any difference.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they now have dates in europe for all days so it looks impossible.

Ahh gutted! New to posting on the forums but been posting more recently and keep up to date. 

Do you think that the landscape of the festival line ups are changing now Neil? Like looking at pirmavera, benicassim, bonnaroo, Leeds, cochella with all smaller or arguably upcoming/new headliners in tame impala, post malone etc. Not the usual standard we expect from ‘headliners’ over the years, do you think glasto will follow suit with less big names and more new names for use of a better phrase?

With McCartney now out of the equation I wonder if Noel could be a Other headliner opposite the likes of Gaga/another non-guitar act headliner, if that’s what we end up with. Would at least remove the double Gallagher sub dilemma, and open up the possibility of Gambino possibly taking that sub spot.

51 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

With McCartney now out of the equation I wonder if Noel could be a Other headliner opposite the likes of Gaga/another non-guitar act headliner, if that’s what we end up with. Would at least remove the double Gallagher sub dilemma, and open up the possibility of Gambino possibly taking that sub spot.

The whole Pyramid field decending over to the Other stage for the headliner.

Lily Allen has recently said in her book that she couldn't be at Glaso sober cause of previous experiences she's had there as an artist and punter so I doubt this will come to frutition which is a shame cause her new album and Roundhouse show were fantastic but she's just posted one of those 2009- 2019 differences in which I'm pretty sure the clip is her performing in 2009

8 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Speaking of non-headliner possibilities, I went to see The Electric Soft Parade in Brighton last week. They were absolutely brilliant, a new album in the offing this year too. Would fit nicely as an early Park slot or in one of the Avalon indie throwback spots.

tenor.gif?itemid=11814407

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Speaking of non-headliner possibilities, I went to see The Electric Soft Parade in Brighton last week. They were absolutely brilliant, a new album in the offing this year too. Would fit nicely as an early Park slot or in one of the Avalon indie throwback spots.

Oof - their first album is a belter. Great to hear they're back.

• Upvote 1

Saw Noel when he supported U2.  I always liked Oasis and also really like Noel in interviews so I had high expectations, but have to admit his show was quite  boring and disappointing. I saw Liam a few weeks later on the Other Stage and thought he was much better, despite the voice not being what it used to be.

37 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Saw Noel when he supported U2.  I always liked Oasis and also really like Noel in interviews so I had high expectations, but have to admit his show was quite  boring and disappointing. I saw Liam a few weeks later on the Other Stage and thought he was much better, despite the voice not being what it used to be.

I've seen Noel, Liam and Beady eye since Oasis split and the standout was definitely Liam at Sziget festival last year.

• Upvote 1