2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Beach Boys can’t be there.

why not?

I don't know if they are or not, but the info I have that they are has come from a very well placed source, and their tourdates don't make it impossible.

edit: just seen they've added tourdates. You're correct.

Edited by eFestivals

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't see how Christine and The Queens can play above George Ezra, surely he's way bigger than she/they are.

7 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ellie Goulding was bigger than Beck in 2016.

I get that but Beck has the back catalogue and history, Christine and George have both been around for the same amount of time and have the same number of albums (I think). He plays bigger shows and sells more records. Would it just be because Christine is more credible to eFest eyes?  

I'm not added like, but it would seem a weird one to me.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm interpreting nothing. :rolleyes: 

It's based on categorical statements in two publications, put alongside Neol himself saying he wanted to play this year.

It's something that some people have interpreted one way and some have interpreted in a different way. Clearly you have interpreted something.

We all know on here how often people referred to 2019 as "this year" and 2020 as "next year" when we were still in 2018, so it's possible that the publication was doing the same. Just because you think your interpretation of it is definitely correct, doesn't mean it isn't an interpretation.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you're basing an awful lot on "someone on here heard" and dismissing publications with far more certain sources.

I'm not basing a lot on it at all, it was just an added statement. I don't even know whether I believe the guy knows anything myself. The main reason I think Noel is going to play in 2020 is because I think the source you quoted in the Stormzy thread was talking about 2020.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I get that but Beck has the back catalogue and history, Christine and George have both been around for the same amount of time and have the same number of albums (I think). He plays bigger shows and sells more records. Would it just be because Christine is more credible to eFest eyes?  

I'm not added like, but it would seem a weird one to me.

True on the history/back catalogue thing, but I'd also say Ellie Goulding was bigger than Tame Impala in 2016 (though they were on different days and Tame Impala were a replacement, so it's not as good a comparison). Probably Katy Perry bigger than The National, too.

Seems to me that these outright pop acts who appeal to the Pyramid dwellers and work best in the daytime get put on earlier than the more respected acts (to an extent, obviously). I feel like that's worded badly but I can't be arsed to try and word it any better.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The main reason I think Noel is going to play in 2020 is because I think the source you quoted in the Stormzy thread was talking about 2020.

but it didn't say 2020. It categorically said "next year" (when the current year was still 2018).

It's since been said again, by another publication with good sources*.

(*tabloid gossip columns are far from perfect with what they say about festivals, but I still know from people I know and talk with regularly that they have good sources [very often the band's own people]).

Just now, eFestivals said:

but it didn't say 2020. It categorically said "next year" (when the current year was still 2018).

It's since been said again, by another publication with good sources*.

(*tabloid gossip columns are far from perfect with what they say about festivals, but I still know from people I know and talk with regularly that they have good sources [very often the band's own people]).

I know it said that. Like I just said, we know on here how often people in 2018 were referring to 2019 as "this year" and 2020 as "next year".

I think the way the quote was written, with a load of info about the 2019 lineup and then a separate "Noel Gallagher is playing next year" at the end, suggests they were talking about a different year for Noel than they were the rest of the acts in the quote. If not it was worded in a very weird way, and would have made way more sense worded as, say, "Noel Gallagher is also playing".

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I know it said that. Like I just said, we know on here how often people in 2018 were referring to 2019 as "this year" and 2020 as "next year".

it's one thing splattering-off some throwaway words onto a forum. It's another thing entirely to be a publication where your whole existence revolves around accuracy.

That's not the star, btw. they revolve around publishing crap for morons. i'm on about my original source - a source that doesn't give away its info for free, but which requires real money from music biz execs and which in return provides real accuracy.

They don't do gossip as a norm. If they published what they did it will have been based on solid word.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

it's one thing splattering-off some throwaway words onto a forum. It's another thing entirely to be a publication where your whole existence revolves around accuracy.

That's not the star, btw. they revolve around publishing crap for morons. i'm on about my original source - a source that doesn't give away its info for free, but which requires real money from music biz execs and which in return provides real accuracy.

They don't do gossip as a norm. If they published what they did it will have been based on solid word.

Do you not think the wording was strange, though, if they were referring to the same year for Noel Gallagher as they were for the rest of the acts?

It's like if they said "Stormzy is playing the Friday night at Glastonbury with either Liam Gallagher or Childish Gambino taking a prime slot that night. Noel Gallagher is playing Friday." It's worded in such a dumb way if they are talking about the same year (or, in my example here, the same day).

Just now, sisco said:

Neil’s music info says Noel is playing

Noel is touring over that weekend 

Daily Star say he’s playing Saturday

Or

people on efests don’t want to believe it so are interrupting 1 line wrongly

Hmmm wonder what we should believe?

Couldn't care less if he plays and I'm predicting he'll be there in 2020 instead, so it makes no difference to me which one he's at. I'm saying 2020 because that's what I think the info means, not because I don't want him there.

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Neil’s music info says Noel is playing

Noel is touring over that weekend 

Daily Star say he’s playing Saturday

Or

people on efests don’t want to believe it so are interrupting 1 line wrongly

Hmmm wonder what we should believe?

Yep. If it was about anybody else other than the second Gallagher brother of the weekend everybody would just assume it was for 2019, but because people don’t want to believe that they’re reading in to it differently. Maybe he will end up being there in 2020 instead but that’s not what the bits of info have told us at all.

For all we know Liam could be the bit that’s wrong and it actually ends up being Gambino on before Stormzy.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep. If it was about anybody else other than the second Gallagher brother of the weekend everybody would just assume it was for 2019, but because people don’t want to believe that they’re reading in to it differently. Maybe he will end up being there in 2020 instead but that’s not what the bits of info have told us at all.

For all we know Liam could be the bit that’s wrong and it actually ends up being Gambino on before Stormzy.

IF one of them is wrong, that's my bet. Gambino may be wishful thinking though ? 

Just now, jparx said:

IF one of them is wrong, that's my bet. Gambino may be wishful thinking though ? 

The same info that originally mentioned Liam and Noel (with Stormzy) also had Gambino as a possible Stormzy sub so not wishful thinking at all. If it turns out the Liam bit is wrong then I’d expect Gambino in his place.

Although of course any info mentioning Noel has also mentioned Liam so would be odd for one of them to be there and not the other. Then both subbing may seem off to a lot on here, but to most casual festival goers I can imagine it’d be a dream come true and almost as good as Oasis being there themselves.

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't see how Christine and The Queens can play above George Ezra, surely he's way bigger than she/they are.

I think it’s a conscious decision by the festival to have someone very popular on after the legend to stop the crowd drifting off straight afterwards. In recent years they’ve had Chic, Ellie Goulding, Sheeran... Ezra fits with that.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think it’s a conscious decision by the festival to have someone very popular on after the legend to stop the crowd drifting off straight afterwards. In recent years they’ve had Chic, Ellie Goulding, Sheeran... Ezra fits with that.

Very good point

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The same info that originally mentioned Liam and Noel (with Stormzy) also had Gambino as a possible Stormzy sub so not wishful thinking at all. If it turns out the Liam bit is wrong then I’d expect Gambino in his place.

Although of course any info mentioning Noel has also mentioned Liam so would be odd for one of them to be there and not the other. Then both subbing may seem off to a lot on here, but to most casual festival goers I can imagine it’d be a dream come true and almost as good as Oasis being there themselves.

I hope so man, he's near the top of my list! I just need to see more evidence that he's not packing it in after Coachella before I get too excited.