2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Can someone who's been following this thread regularly provide a list of possible subs please?

Noel, Liam, The Strokes, Childish Gambino, Christine and the Queens, The Streets...

There's been a few more and regular sub or other headliner debate.

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Can someone who's been following this thread regularly provide a list of possible subs please?

Liam Gallagher (seems nailed on)

Childish Gambino (the source that caused the Stormzy thread on here said either Liam Gallagher or Childish Gambino would be taking a big spot that night; a user on here was told before that thread that Childish Gambino was the Saturday sub)

Lana Del Rey (in the area, but has apparently had to cancel some of her tour so even if it was her it may no longer be; the same user as above was told she's the Sunday sub)

Noel Gallagher (The Stormzy source ended with "Noel Gallagher is playing next year" which some took as 2019 and some took as 2020; since then the Daily Star have said he's playing Saturday 2019 but someone on here met someone in his band and was told he's playing 2020, not 2019)

The Strokes (Nick Grimshaw has claimed twice he's heard they're playing, but didn't state whether it was as headliners or not; someone on here heard the headliners were Stormzy, Strokes, Cure, which is part of the reason people are taking what Grimshaw said seriously, so it seems more likely they'll be headlining if the info is correct)

Christine and the Queens (she's around and seems like she could be big enough based on her headlining APE, but could probably do 3rd down instead)

Vampire Weekend (in America the weekend before and Europe two weekends after, so it remains to be seen whether they'll be over in time, but they may not be big enough to sub anyway)

The Streets (someone on here with proven good info heard they were either subbing Pyramid or headlining Other, don't think we've had any update since but they seem nailed on to be there in one of those slots)

Don't think I've missed anyone obvious.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Noel, Liam, The Strokes, Childish Gambino, Christine and the Queens, The Streets...

There's been a few more and regular sub or other headliner debate.

Personally I don't think The Streets or Christine and the Queens are possible subs. I'd also be surprised if Gamino accepts and given the info from the star about Liam Friday sub is being taken as fairly likely from Neil that rules him out most likely.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve got Vampire Weekend down for third on the Pyramid.

Other sub imo, I don't know how to fit them 3rd down myself but that's choosing different acts.

I did a prediction with Ezra, Noel and Catish as 3rd down, I did put Dua Lipa sub above Noel more so to break it up from being both Noels to sub and it pops a female act in there. Catfish could sub the Other stage but I don't think they'll play Other 3 times running.

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Other sub imo, I don't know how to fit them 3rd down myself but that's choosing different acts.

I did a prediction with Ezra, Noel and Catish as 3rd down, I did put Dua Lipa sub above Noel more so to break it up from being both Noels to sub and it pops a female act in there. Catfish could sub the Other stage but I don't think they'll play Other 3 times running.

No way is Noel playing below Dua Lipa.

Friday:

Pyramid - Stormzy, Liam, Cardi B

Other - CATBM

Saturday:

Pyramid - Macca, NGHFB, Dua Lipa

Other - The Streets

Sunday: 

Pyramid - The Cure, Christine and the Queens, George Ezra, Kylie

Other - The Chemical Brothers

My current guess that will no doubt be complete incorrect.

Edited by sisco
Forgot about Cardi B

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't see how Christine and The Queens can play above George Ezra, surely he's way bigger than she/they are.

It happens. The fest isn’t just in order of bigness.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Stormzy / Liam Gallagher / Cardi B

Wolf Alice

Macca or The Strokes / Childish Gambino / Vampire Weekend

Chemical Brothers

The Cure / Christine and the Queens / George Ezra

The Streets

Or Cardi B subbing Other with Beach Boys in her place.

Beach Boys can’t be there.

Also I think Glastonbury is safe if Lana is on about cancelling dates. It’s right in the middle of a bunch of announced and on sale shows - she’d essentially be cancelling a big TV gig for a day off.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It happens. The fest isn’t just in order of bigness.

Beach Boys can’t be there.

Also I think Glastonbury is safe if Lana is on about cancelling dates. It’s right in the middle of a bunch of announced and on sale shows - she’d essentially be cancelling a big TV gig for a day off.

Why can't Beach Boys?

I posted a big thing about it the other day but currently her only dates are 1 US show on its own, then the ones around Glasto, then Beni/Super Bock a couple of weeks later. Super Bock have confirmed she hasn't cancelled there, and it can't be the US one cos she said "shows" (plural), so I was thinking it must be some of the ones around Glasto that have been cancelled? The ones on Glasto weekend are festivals anyway and we know festivals don't always confirm pull outs straight away.

I did also see that she seems to have removed the post now (unless it was a story) so maybe they're back on.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why can't Beach Boys?

I posted a big thing about it the other day but currently her only dates are 1 US show on its own, then the ones around Glasto, then Beni/Super Bock a couple of weeks later. Super Bock have confirmed she hasn't cancelled there, and it can't be the US one cos she said "shows" (plural), so I was thinking it must be some of the ones around Glasto that have been cancelled? The ones on Glasto weekend are festivals anyway and we know festivals don't always confirm pull outs straight away.

I did also see that she seems to have removed the post now (unless it was a story) so maybe they're back on.

Cos they can’t be in two places at once.

I thought she might have had to cancel some as yet unannounced shows. And quite a lot of festivals do immediately confirm when acts have pulled out or at least quietly remove them, it’s just shithouse ones that don’t do anything at all.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Cos they can’t be in two places at once.

I thought she might have had to cancel some as yet unannounced shows. And quite a lot of festivals do immediately confirm when acts have pulled out or at least quietly remove them, it’s just shithouse ones that don’t do anything at all.

Well when tf did that get announced and why did no one mention it.

By the way her statement was worded I assumed it was announced dates cos she said there'll be more info coming soon. Why would she even need to announce that she'd cancelled unannounced dates?

7 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Stormzy / Liam Gallagher / Solange

Wolf Alice

Paul McCartney / Christine & the Queens / Van Morrison

The Chemical Brothers

The Cure / Childish Gambino / George Ezra

The Streets

I'm unsure why people aren't grasping that if Gambino is there it's on Friday, either way he's certainly not going to sub on a day aimed as much as possible to please locals.

13 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Purely based off the info we've all seen, though. Neil interprets it as 2019 and therefore says he's TBC for 2019, whilst a lot of us interpret it as 2020 and therefore think he's actually TBC for 2020.

I'm interpreting nothing. :rolleyes: 

It's based on categorical statements in two publications, put alongside Neol himself saying he wanted to play this year.