2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Noel has been finishing with "all you need is love". If he's on before Macca, I wonder if he would still?

Maybe Noel comes on and does it with Macca? Like Jass said, surely they would do a song or two together?

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

Can we just throw Noel and Liam in their own tent to play Oasis songs to their hearts content? Throw The Courteeners, Catfish and the Bottlemen and Gerry Cinnamon in there as well, call it the Real Music Tent. 

I love it. Give it it's own field and then I can easily avoid it all - bliss. 

I do love how nice, accepting and generally liberal this place is (much like the festival itself, as it should well be) for the most part, but as soon as a certain few popular bands get talked about the claws come right out.

People like different types of music. While a certain group may attract a few twats, Glasto in general surely represents something other than slagging off a few bands who it's 'cool' to dislike on here.

Not to sound too miserable or whingey but it does feel like you can't take part in some of the discussion because you like the 'wrong' acts. Fact is - other possibilities including much of the Other Stage will include these. So long as it doesn't harm anybody, let's let everybody like what they like.

It's like those who argue they would dislike elitism then get elitist over the music they like.

Edited by EamerRed
  • Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Tells me he's happier playing to 10k who want to see him rather than 50k who are waiting for the main act.

So in other words, ego. :P

No that it’s really valid anymore as he’s been happy to support U2, the Stone Roses and Springsteen in the UK since setting out on his solo career.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, EamerRed said:

I do love how nice, accepting and generally liberal this place is (much like the festival itself, as it should well be) for the most part, but as soon as a certain few popular bands get talked about the claws come right out.

People like different types of music. While a certain group may attract a few twats, Glasto in general surely represents something other than slagging off a few bands who it's 'cool' to dislike on here.

Not to sound too miserable or whingey but it does feel like you can't take part in some of the discussion because you like the 'wrong' acts. Fact is - other possibilities including much of the Other Stage will include these. So long as it doesn't harm anybody, let's let everybody like what they like.

It's like those who argue they would dislike elitism then get elitist over the music they like.

Like what you want mate. I love Stereophonics who regularly get slagged off on here. No one's actually arsed whether you like belting out Live Forever after a few cans. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think he's been TBC for a while, just the date has changed.

Ta.

I, for one, am all for a Noel/Macca double header. The only downside I can see is there not being any change of crowd so to get close up it will have to be before Noel with little hope of getting out and in again.

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Can we just throw Noel and Liam in their own tent to play Oasis songs to their hearts content? Throw The Courteeners, Catfish and the Bottlemen and Gerry Cinnamon in there as well, call it the Real Music Tent. 

They could put the eFestival's Chat Forum Stage up the hill so the people there could look down on it.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Maybe that's what Emily is sticking at the top of the Park?

10 acts a day that no-one else has heard of and are already on their way out due to not recording their latest album in an industrial freezer in Bolivia.  

Free chin strokers handed out at the entrance.

Edited by Gnomicide

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Depends how you define it, an equally valid argument would be that it's egotistical to want to play to the biggest crowd possible, regardless of whether they actually want to see you or not.

But as you say, we're splitting heirs here,

Was that a clever reference to the familial aspect whenever the Gallagher brothers are discussed?