2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Stick Hacienda on Other, it's not like they drew a mahoosive crowd on the Pyramid, from my admittedly hazy memory anyway.

Would make more sense. It may have been great and they may want to kick things off in the same way next year but that can be done just as easily on Other, where stuff gets repeated all the time. I don't really see them wanting to repeat the exact same thing on the Pyramid at the following festival, unless it's going to be a massively different show.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

Stick Hacienda on Other, it's not like they drew a mahoosive crowd on the Pyramid, from my admittedly hazy memory anyway.

The Hacienda bloke reckons Emily told him they got the biggest ever crowd for a Pyramid opener. The audio of him talking about it all is here, from about 1:40: http://stagedoor.fm/2017/12/01/hacienda-classical-self-confirm-for-glastonbury-2019/

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The Hacienda bloke reckons Emily told him they got the biggest ever crowd for a Pyramid opener. The audio of him talking about it all is here, from about 1:40: http://stagedoor.fm/2017/12/01/hacienda-classical-self-confirm-for-glastonbury-2019/

Have there ever been any Pyramid openers who you'd expect to Draw a crowd, though? It's usually some random choir or ballet or whatever. In the 4 years I've been going the only act I remember opening the Pyramid other than Hacienda Classical is the Syrian Orchestra with Damon Albarn.

Edit: Oh Rolf Harris did it? I doubt they got a bigger crowd than he did.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

In fairness, it wasn't as sparse as that further back. A lot of people probably weren't interested in being on top of it.

it was quite a bit before ... and drizzling at the time I think .... should have posted an empty stage photo from my night walk past as I return to the  tent :) ️ ? 

On the Janelle Monae subject, given she has only 1 day between doing the Sunday and then London, Dublin and Manchester, I could potentially see her doing the Saturday night to give herself two nights off before the tour starts which would also put Macca back on Sunday and The Cure on Saturday where Neil I believe thinks they will be. It doesn't stop a clash on Saturday night on Other with The Chemical Brothers though.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

On the Janelle Monae subject, given she has only 1 day between doing the Sunday and then London, Dublin and Manchester, I could potentially see her doing the Saturday night to give herself two nights off before the tour starts which would also put Macca back on Sunday and The Cure on Saturday where Neil I believe thinks they will be. It doesn't stop a clash on Saturday night on Other with The Chemical Brothers though.

Neil has info WTC are doing the Saturday. 

Edited by sisco

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Even if Janelle Monae was playing Saturday, why would that mean Paul McCartney would now be playing Sunday?

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What the fuck hahahahaha

And why does Janelle Monáe need 2 days off before she does 3 more dates? Is she the new Macca? Soon we won't be able to have anyone who's got another show the week of Glasto cos they'll need to rest.