2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

Just went through this thread. I was at that Nick Cave show mentioned earlier. It was amazing. The hordes of Mumfords fans around me (already in place for the headliner) looked positively scared.

I have seen him at Leftfield and Other but I think it’s high time Frank Turner was given a slot on the Pyramid.

Would also love to see Richard Ashcroft, after missing out on a ticket for his gig over here...

23 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Big yes from me - went to see them on a whim in Manchester in March on the back of the first EP and they blew me away. The singer's voice is amazing live, the recorded versions don't do it justice. Very tight band too. Saw them at Live at Leeds and Benicassim too and they were just as good.

Beni converted all 5 of my friends who came including one who won't usually entertain anything remotely poppy if that helps. 

That said hoping its the Thursday for the second set to take away a clash

I also went to Beni and typically got into them about a week after I fecking came back. So annoyed I missed them!

I remember seeing them walk up Grafton St in Dublin one day at the height of their fame and being morto asking one of their security guards if he would get an autograph for me little sister. Yes, it was actually for my ickle sis. I was more a Mel and Kim fan. Lol

20 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I remember seeing them walk up Grafton St in Dublin one day at the height of their fame and being morto asking one of their security guards if he would get an autograph for me little sister. Yes, it was actually for my ickle sis. I was more a Mel and Kim fan. Lol

Much more respectable ;)

• Upvote 1

They've really been pushing Massive Wagons this year so they may turn up but it's a tough one, the Earache Express is tiny so don't expect anyone of any size on there. Looks like they arrange the Thursday night on Hell Stage a la Napalm Death last year, that's probably the biggest thing for them all weekend. 

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

They've really been pushing Massive Wagons this year so they may turn up but it's a tough one, the Earache Express is tiny so don't expect anyone of any size on there. Looks like they arrange the Thursday night on Hell Stage a la Napalm Death last year, that's probably the biggest thing for them all weekend. 

Yeah, I tried to get in a few times and failed... Napalm Death (and Diamond Head) are playing Bestival. 

I am ready for the abuse coming my way,

Deep breath. Personally i am hoping for a bit of the Wombats.
I never got to see them at their (brief) peak,

Their last album did pretty well and i'd love to see them mid roster on the other stage.

As the sort of guy who apparently dates Sociopaths their song "Turn" was one of my 2018 songs. 

On 12/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, dentalplan said:

oh fuck an actual 'before and after' of working with The 1975

Wow - the kid on the right in the first vid is my cousin. They fell out and they kicked him out between the two.

Don't think he regrets it (musically at least) with where they've gone. It's just so weird that they're now little clones of the 1975 - she should have more confidence in her natural voice.