2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Noticed Gambino as down as R for the Pyramid on Friday, that'd make him third below Liam. I know he's hardly massive in this country, but he wouldn't play that low would he?

the info was that Gambino if they can get him would be before Stormzy, and if they can't it'll be Liam.

if they get Gambino then Liam will play another day.

Edited by eFestivals

On 11/26/2018 at 8:51 AM, Woffy said:

Joe Talbot from Idles on BBC 6Music just now saying he'd like to play the Park Stage (on Friday, I think he said) just as the sun goes down.

I'd be there.

I can see Idles playing the "Rattlesnakes" slot from 2017. JP late Sunday afternoon, absolutely cracking

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, John the Moth said:

Jon Hopkins has “confirmed a lot of festivals” for 2019.

https://www.clashmusic.com/features/everything-connected-jon-hopkins-interviewed

Yeah I reckon he's a cert. Singularity was a huge album and the live show he's been touring is genuinely amazing. Can see him headlining WH perhaps

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Paolo as the Other headliner on Friday night seems the obvious call.

Noticed Gambino as down as R for the Pyramid on Friday, that'd make him third below Liam. I know he's hardly massive in this country, but he wouldn't play that low would he?

I can imagine Paulo would get a huge crowd as the headliner on the other on Friday 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I can imagine Paulo would get a huge crowd as the headliner on the other on Friday 

Friday is normally my favourite night, but it's full of clashes. If it is Paulo Nutini on friday vs stormzy - I hope WH or Park pulls something out of the bag cos neither float my boat.

Orbital on WH or the yeah yeah yeahs on the park please.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It wouldn’t be a clash regardless of who they’re up against. I’d even sack Macca off to see them again.

I'd probably be with you but it would be an awful decision. I really want to see Macca. Not that I'm a huge fan of his but I bloody love the Beatles and would never just go to one of his gigs whereas I would pay to see Karen and the gang. 

7 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I sooo want this to happen and no clashes. 

I'm ashamed to say I've only just recently really got into them. Obviously, I knew the hits like MAPS but very little else. As a matter of fact  I only this week purchased Fever to Tell and Its Blitz which arrived today. Both cracking albums so would love them to play next year as the footage I've seen on Youtube they sound a brilliant band live.  

1 minute ago, Field of Avalon said:

I'm ashamed to say I've only just recently really got into them. Obviously, I knew the hits like MAPS but very little else. As a matter of fact  I only this week purchased Fever to Tell and Its Blitz which arrived today. Both cracking albums so would love them to play next year as the footage I've seen on Youtube they sound a brilliant band live.  

I saw them in Ireland at the first Longitude. We were waiting for the next band. Knew some of their tunes but wasn't that fussed either way. Was absolutely blown away and now on my must see at every opportunity list. 

18 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Been looking out for any possibility of the Norwegian singer Aurora playing. She was really good in th JP back in 2016 

Aye I enjoyed that set as well, came across it by chance. Her pupils were like 8-balls 

• Upvote 1