2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

May have been mentioned - but Chase and Status have a new album out next spring. The problem is, other than headlining the pyramid, where could they go? They headlined the Other Stage in 2013 and west holts in 2011. They would put on an amazing show (2013 is still one of my Glastonbury highlights) and they certainly have the material, but they’re never going to be picked for Pyramid headliner. 

32 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

May have been mentioned - but Chase and Status have a new album out next spring. The problem is, other than headlining the pyramid, where could they go? They headlined the Other Stage in 2013 and west holts in 2011. They would put on an amazing show (2013 is still one of my Glastonbury highlights) and they certainly have the material, but they’re never going to be picked for Pyramid headliner. 

Definitely wouldnt be pyramid headliner, if anything they've dropped off since then. Could see them maybe doing a DJ set on the new Arcadia set up potentially.

Broken Bells 3 are starting their approach and will soon land for their next mission. I'm not enamoured with The Shins but James Mercer + Dangermouse = pure magic. Their Park set in '10 was brill if a little under attended for some reason so would be good to see them return next year.

• Upvote 2

As per the Rock Werchter thread, it seems Smashing Pumpkins are doing two legs of European festivals. Currently the first leg ends at Download (2 weeks before Glasto) and the second leg begins at Doctor Music (2 weeks after Glasto). So it seems like they're out of the picture. Here's proof from Billy Corgan himself.

9DB1E09E-2FE1-4746-8DC3-53E3168FBE52.thumb.png.54e6a215089078fe968721cc5fa0b9ef.png

On 12/8/2018 at 1:10 AM, Gucci Piggy said:

As per the Rock Werchter thread, it seems Smashing Pumpkins are doing two legs of European festivals. Currently the first leg ends at Download (2 weeks before Glasto) and the second leg begins at Doctor Music (2 weeks after Glasto). So it seems like they're out of the picture. Here's proof from Billy Corgan himself.

9DB1E09E-2FE1-4746-8DC3-53E3168FBE52.thumb.png.54e6a215089078fe968721cc5fa0b9ef.png

Shite.

18 minutes ago, Mrump said:

Met Hot Chip backstage at their DJ set last night and Joe Godard said they’re playing Glastonbury ?

This is good. Although if they're playing West Holts opposite McCartney then this is also kinda shite.. Suppose they were always destined to be caught in the midst of a clash though as they have been at every festival I've been to with them there.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:26 AM, Fingerbobs said:

Broken Bells 3 are starting their approach and will soon land for their next mission. I'm not enamoured with The Shins but James Mercer + Dangermouse = pure magic. Their Park set in '10 was brill if a little under attended for some reason so would be good to see them return next year.

Thanks for this.

Made up they are coming back, last album was just class. Would be great to see them play again.

1 hour ago, halfasausage said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I was listening to Radio X this evening. At around 8.30 they were interviewing Blossoms. The interviewer asked if they were going to play at Glastonbury, and the reply was words to the effect 'We are waiting to hear, we'd love to be there etc'

Nailed on for half way down the Other one day.