2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

We were better at sticking to talking about Glastonbury the year it wasn't even on.

Any chance of Cake playing? I didn't know they were still going, don't really like them enough to rock up to the gigs early next year, they'd be decent enough to lazily watch with a few drinks.

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Always brought a packed lunch for my dinner at school. Kraft cheese sandwiches, a twix and a bag of crisp type snacks. Fruit was for soft southerners!

A packed LUNCH for your DINNER?

What the actual fuck are you on about, Zico?

1 minute ago, westholtschic said:

Will be at one of my locals The Spinning Wheel Paignton to see them

ive seen them play several times .... maybe getting on for 10 in small venues around Taunton .... might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 ... but it does seem possible given what's been said and the dates ... in fact think we are seeing them on the 15th .... will try and ask and see the reaction :) 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, zico martin said:

My point exactly. We're all right/wrong/talking shite really. 

Exactly!

And I saw Zico play IRL in 1982. And Junior, Falcao, Socrates, Hugo Sanchez, Dino Zoff, Marco Tardelli, Beckenbauer, Boniek, Blokhin, Paolo Rossi, Neeskins, Schumacher, Platini and...Keegan. In the same game.

Not talking shite though. 

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Exactly!

And I saw Zico play IRL in 1982. And Junior, Falcao, Socrates, Hugo Sanchez, Dino Zoff, Marco Tardelli, Beckenbauer, Boniek, Blokhin, Paolo Rossi, Neeskins, Schumacher, Platini and...Keegan. In the same game.

Not talking shite though. 

Cracking tournament that one, wor kev really should have connected with that header though :(

45 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Fair play I guess I owe you an apology then. Or a pint in June?

Btw 'Zico' was also the fans' nickname for Newcastle midfielder Mick Martin at that time, somewhat ironically as he wasn't blessed with any silky skills!

• Upvote 2

@dentalplan and @MetaKate sorry to be “that” person, but Tash Sultans is a she not a they!

Shes as ‘solo artist’ as you get, playing many instruments and looping, mixing and sampling as she goes.

Saw her on a sold out tour a couple of years ago down south, playing academy sized venues with only 2 EPs out, awesome stuff. Tipped her for Glasto in 2017 as I think as she was in Europe at the time but it didn’t materialise :)

Edited by John the Moth
Year out

4 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

@dentalplan and @MetaKate sorry to be “that” person, but Tash Sultans is a she not a they!

Shes as ‘solo artist’ as you get, playing many instruments and looping, mixing and sampling as she goes.

Saw her on a sold out tour a couple of years ago down south, playing academy sized venues with only 2 EPs out, awesome stuff. Tipped her for Glasto in 2016  as I think as she was in Europe at the time but it didn’t materialise :)

No it's ok .. but now you're making me be "this" person ? So it's a fairly new construct for me, but the solo artist Tash identifies as non-binary, and wishes their pronouns to be non gender specific. It's honestly very hard to get used to, but once I was told I really try my best to use they, them, etc. 

Saw Tash about a year ago and the show was phenomenal! I really hope they're on the farm this year...seriously talented. 

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

No it's ok .. but now you're making me be "this" person ? So it's a fairly new construct for me, but the solo artist Tash identifies as non-binary, and wishes their pronouns to be non gender specific. It's honestly very hard to get used to, but once I was told I really try my best to use they, them, etc. 

Saw Tash about a year ago and the show was phenomenal! I really hope they're on the farm this year...seriously talented. 

Then I apologise for the false assumption, I was not aware of that, I tend to listen to music without delving into artists backgrounds.

It was putting me in mind of early Biffy Clyro when I kept hearing ‘oh I like him’ ?

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Technically Biffy Clyro is a 'he' though. That's what it's called when all of the band members join together like Voltron to create a giant, super-powered crime fighting machine with no top on.

I heard similar stories about Hall and Oates. Apparently John Oastes has Venom symbiote like powers and can attach himself to Daryl Hall making one super being. 

That's why there music is so godly, as a combined person Halloates has an IQ of over 300, can master any instrument and can write lyrics like no other person could. 

Obviously, not being a dick they don't bond when playing, give us mere mortals hope that we too could, if we really tried hard and got our brains to the optimum level, create songs to around 50% of the Level of Hall and Oates. Good dude he is. 

I also heard that Foo Fighters take performance enhancing drugs and have been able to get up to 38% of Hall and Oates so with science improving we may see music of the likes once again one day. 

5 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Hi guys sorry if its already been mentioned, it probably has but there's so much to trawl through here, what do you think about Tears for Fears playing? They're in Germany on the 28th then nothing for the sat & sun. Hoping they play Werchter as well.

Certs IMO. My money is on after Kylie.