2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Why would F+TM accept subbing the Pyramid? They can headline again next year or the year after if they just bide their time. Coming back to sub would just define them back down, after working hard over the past few years to establish themselves as genuine headliner material. Boardmasters does seem a weird slot for them but it doesn't make them any less a Glastonbury headliner. Personally I think F+TM will be headlining next year.

Question re: George Ezra and LDR. They're both in the mix to headline Latitude and most of us have them as nailed on for Glastonbury. I know bands have done both in the past, but will Latitude want two of their headliners playing Glastonbury as well? Also, I think we're underestimating George Ezra. I think there's a chance he could sub the Pyramid. His last record did gangbusters and whether you like him or not, he's got more than enough hits to fill the slot. 

Ezra could well sub but Flo isn't topping Boardmasters and headlining Glastonbury the next year, certainly not that long after the album release.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not a case of underestimating him - third down acts can be bigger than subs. Happens all the time.

Indeed, Perry and The National for example...

Sheeran played after Dolly just as he was on the cusp of going (bafflingly) massive and I see a similar slot, if not quite the same high trajectory, for Ezra.

15 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned recently - Two Door are at RW. Reckon there's a chance they'll be at GF?

Yeah I reckon so. John Peel headliner perhaps, having done the Other and the Pyramid in their last two appearances. Possibly just not mentioned much, if at all, because they're not well-liked on here but not quite badly viewed enough to warrant the number of mentions as say Catfish.

Just now, The Martini Police said:

Yeah I reckon so. John Peel headliner perhaps, having done the Other and the Pyramid in their last two appearances. Possibly just not mentioned much, if at all, because they're not well-liked on here but not quite badly viewed enough to warrant the number of mentions as say Catfish.

Absolutely love them. 

JP headliner... Oh my word. That could be all I'd need band-wise for next year.

Breakfast 6-8

Elevenses

Lunch 12-2

Tea 3-4

dinner 6-8

supper 9-10

All bets are off when you cross the channel though, I was recently presented with dinner at 10.30pm when Abroad. I was too flummoxed (and hungry) to do anything but look befuddled. Especially as I had been making obvious signs of needing dinner from the minute we had arrived at 7pm.

2 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Breakfast 6-8

Elevenses

Lunch 12-2

Tea 3-4

dinner 6-8

supper 9-10

All bets are off when you cross the channel though, I was recently presented with dinner at 10.30pm when Abroad. I was too flummoxed (and hungry) to do anything but look befuddled. Especially as I had been making obvious signs of needing dinner from the minute we had arrived at 7pm.

6-8? You mean between 8 and 9 isn't breakfast? Poppycock!

1 minute ago, Quark said:

That I can agree on.  Supper is a snack before bed, perhaps some cheese on toast or similar.

Exactly. When I was in catered halls we used to have tea between 5:30 and 8, and one of my flatmates used to always ask in the group chat who wants to get supper. At half past 5. He wasn't even southern, he was from Lincoln (I assume calling it supper is a southern thing because I've never heard anyone else in real life call it supper). Baffling.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Then she's not playing at all. She'll be back to headline properly with album #5.

If that was defo true she would headlining this year instead of Stormzy, buy they've said there isn't any available female headliner sized acts about. On Stormzy, not to be funny but he's headlining a series in Ireland that Hozier and Slash are.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If that was defo true she would headlining this year instead of Stormzy, buy they've said there isn't any available female headliner sized acts about. On Stormzy, not to be funny but he's headlining a series in Ireland that Hozier and Slash are.

She's not headlining next year because it'll only be three festivals and one album since she last did it.