2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

18 hours ago, priest17 said:

Any chance of Sleater-Kinney? I've gone back to listening them recently but I'm too lazy to look up the likelihood of them being there.

They're certainly not touring atm and I haven't seen much to suggest that's going to change any time soon. IIRC Corin or Carrie (can't remember who) said they were planning to work on new music earlier this year but it would take a while.

Would love to have them there one day though :)

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

So I can start calling the Legends Slot aka the Teatime Slot the 'Suppertime Slot'? I like this.

I knew one day I'd slip up and be discovered as Canadian. 

Kylie playing suppertime ya reckon?

Also the fact that you guys can refer to tea time and its universally agreed upon... very charming. 

5 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I knew one day I'd slip up and be discovered as Canadian. 

Kylie playing suppertime ya reckon?

Also the fact that you guys can refer to tea time and its universally agreed upon... very charming. 

I think the:

tea- / dinner-time

And:

...AH! @dentalplanjust beat me to it (barm/bap/bun)

...debate is FAR from settled on here.

On topic:

If Confidence Man don't return to the farm in 2019 i'm gonna kick a fucking bin over (and then stand it back up again and replace any split contents, obviously).

Edited by Woffy
Spelling / Boss appeared in the office unexpectedly.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No yer not wrong. I think @MetaKate is bringing Canada words to eFests. Interested to hear what their barm/bap/bun is.

3 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

You mean a roll surely?

Buns or rolls for us

Had to look up barm/bap as I'd never heard them before. 

Edited by MetaKate

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

Buns or rolls for us

Oh huh I thought it’d be something weird. Fair enough. :lol:

Anyway we need to move on as the debate is taboo on eFests as it carries on for pages and pages.

Tash Sultana seems too big to play too early on John Peel - they’re playing a venue in London that would be about what John Peel headliners play. I reckon West Holts would possibly be best fitting as a stage but I’d predict mid-Pyramid to be safe.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Anyway we need to move on as the debate is taboo on eFests as it carries on for pages and pages.

Tash Sultana seems too big to play too early on John Peel - they’re playing a venue in London that would be about what John Peel headliners play. I reckon West Holts would possibly be best fitting as a stage but I’d predict mid-Pyramid to be safe.

They've gotten really popular really quick... but I'm not sure they'd 'fit' on the pyramid for me..  WH makes sense..  I did dance non stop when I saw them. 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bigger than Chet Faker in 2015, would you say? He played a slot like that (supper?!) in the John Peel and has a similar background, being massive in Australia and known here but not enough to overcrowd the JP in the early evening, I would've thought. 

Why would F+TM accept subbing the Pyramid? They can headline again next year or the year after if they just bide their time. Coming back to sub would just define them back down, after working hard over the past few years to establish themselves as genuine headliner material. Boardmasters does seem a weird slot for them but it doesn't make them any less a Glastonbury headliner. Personally I think F+TM will be headlining next year.

Question re: George Ezra and LDR. They're both in the mix to headline Latitude and most of us have them as nailed on for Glastonbury. I know bands have done both in the past, but will Latitude want two of their headliners playing Glastonbury as well? Also, I think we're underestimating George Ezra. I think there's a chance he could sub the Pyramid. His last record did gangbusters and whether you like him or not, he's got more than enough hits to fill the slot. 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Question re: George Ezra and LDR. They're both in the mix to headline Latitude and most of us have them as nailed on for Glastonbury. I know bands have done both in the past, but will Latitude want two of their headliners playing Glastonbury as well? Also, I think we're underestimating George Ezra. I think there's a chance he could sub the Pyramid. His last record did gangbusters and whether you like him or not, he's got more than enough hits to fill the slot. 

Not a case of underestimating him - third down acts can be bigger than subs. Happens all the time.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, TomViolence said:

They're certainly not touring atm and I haven't seen much to suggest that's going to change any time soon. IIRC Corin or Carrie (can't remember who) said they were planning to work on new music earlier this year but it would take a while.

Would love to have them there one day though :)

Nice, thanks! Looked into it a little and apparently they've never played before which is a shame. 

6 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

If you can eat your tea you've left your milk out too long.

Agreed.

It's a "lunch box" not a "dinner box", and tea is something you drink. You don't have your evening meal in a "tea room", you have it in the "dining room". And it's called "fine dining", not "fine teaing"

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Agreed.

It's a "lunch box" not a "dinner box", and tea is something you drink. You don't have your evening meal in a "tea room", you have it in the "dining room". And it's called "fine dining", not "fine teaing"

Yet at school you have dinner ladies. Explain.