Craft Beer

feral chile

Thanks yog. It's a secret Santa situation, stupid me thought it was a company so thought I'd find a selection in the supermarket. Is it that Brewdog stuff or Hobgoblin type?

I did find American Craft beer.

I have it on good authority that my victim is a fan of craft beer.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think they're any better than small-brewery real ales - which don't carry the same premium price.

I've not found there's that much difference in price between a pint from the cheaper end of Craft beers and a typical local brewery. Certainly no more than 50p variance. 

Unlike Artisan breads, which seem to be ~£5/loaf.

I'll also share my respect for Cloudwater and Siren stuff.

From what I gather the newer hipster ( more expensive ) craft beers use american hops which are alot erm hoppier?? than British hops and equally people seem to be completely split into both camps as to which is best (mainly based on age)

so you should go brewdog/beavertown/brooklyn for the american type ones or Black Sheep/Ossett Brewery/wychwood/Theakston for the british craft/real ales.

52 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I've not found there's that much difference in price between a pint from the cheaper end of Craft beers and a typical local brewery. Certainly no more than 50p variance. 

Unlike Artisan breads, which seem to be ~£5/loaf.

I'll also share my respect for Cloudwater and Siren stuff.

Out of interest what are people defining as a craft beer? I would have considered both brewdog and a small microbrewery, am I mistaken?

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

not a rep, but I've never drunk the fizzy shite.

Yep I'm more a real ale or preferably, bitter or stout drinker. (Yes I see the comedy opening).

I did find some American craft ale in the supermarket, but it sounded suspiciously like lager, which I don't like. I'm a Guinness drinker.

Then I remembered it wasn't for me :rolleyes: so might have been the thing.

They did have Brewdog as well.

Edited by feral chile

14 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Brewdog are c**ts:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/28/brewdog-lawsuit-bar-punk-brewer-pub

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-39410244

Left Handed Giant are a nice one in my area. There's hundreds of craft breweries around though.

Didn’t know that, cheers. I quite like some of the BrewDog stuff.

The minimum pricing round here means we’re seeing a lot more choice in the supermarkets.

If you’d be paying over a quid for a can of strongbow or tennents then you might as well get something decent seems to be what’s happening. 

Was in the innes and Gunn bar in the arches last night. Few of their beers were going down quite nice.

32 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I did find some American craft ale in the supermarket, but it sounded suspiciously like lager, which I don't like. I'm a Guinness drinker.

If you drink Guinness try the porters/stouts. Brewdog jet black heart or beavertown smog rocket. Brooklyn chocolate stout is a bit much at 10% for me but that might be an option too.

Edited by lost

19 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Didn’t know that, cheers. I quite like some of the BrewDog stuff.

The minimum pricing round here means we’re seeing a lot more choice in the supermarkets.

If you’d be paying over a quid for a can of strongbow or tennents then you might as well get something decent seems to be what’s happening. 

Was in the innes and Gunn bar in the arches last night. Few of their beers were going down quite nice.

When it comes to the Scottish breweries I'm a big fan of Harvieston.

33 minutes ago, lost said:

If you drink Guinness try the porters/stouts. Brewdog jet black heart or beavertown smog rocket. Brooklyn chocolate stout is a bit much at 10% for me but that might be an option too.

Thanks, I think sampling some for quality is only right

:D