Wstr

DMA's

While She Sleeps

Denzel Curry

The Amity Affliction

The Fever 333

Loyle Carner

Sheck Wes

How many and which of these could be in the next announcement realistically?

8 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I don't think anyone really has an idea how they're going to announce it because of how different it's been from the past few years but it wouldn't surprise me if they announced pretty much the full poster next, could be wrong though.

Would suit me.

I understand they usually get something out now so it's just in time for Christmas, but generally surely once the lineups out you are going to go or you're not; don't see the point in announcements spread-out really.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Daniels312 said:

Two Door Cinema Club
Enter Shikari
The Streets
Good Charlotte
Vampire Weekend
CHVRCHES

if they get majority of these along with  especially Chvrches I should be buying a weekend ticket :) I will be so happy .I would like to also add these predictions too.

Bon Jovi

The Killers

Kaiser Chiefs

I don't think bon Jovi are going to be there as they are  not suitable to  the reading crowd these days and the killers Will not be there as if they are there they will headline

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jj200 said:

I don't think bon Jovi are going to be there as they are  not suitable to  the reading crowd these days and the killers Will not be there as if they are there they will headline

Not suitable to a Reading crowd these days?

dont think they’ve ever been suitable to a Reading crowd! 

Edited by Benj

12 hours ago, Daniels312 said:

Two Door Cinema Club
Enter Shikari
The Streets
Good Charlotte
Vampire Weekend
CHVRCHES

if they get majority of these along with  especially Chvrches I should be buying a weekend ticket :) I will be so happy .I would like to also add these predictions too.

Bon Jovi

The Killers

Kaiser Chiefs

kaiser chiefs subbing foos would be mad

19 hours ago, Jericode said:

Wouldn't happen, they've dropped off big time. Early in the day or on the R1 stage if they show up.

I'm not denying that, they subbed catfish at a festival I went to this summer, but surely streets have dropped off just as much if not more than them but people are still saying they could sub?

4 minutes ago, tobydlb said:

I'm not denying that, they subbed catfish at a festival I went to this summer, but surely streets have dropped off just as much if not more than them but people are still saying they could sub?

Yeah I'm wondering how The Streets could still sub....3rd yes but their big reunion momentum has died a bit, had the festivals been this year then I could have seen it but Other headliner at Glastonbury for them even would be crazy.

1 hour ago, tobydlb said:

The Streets haven't dropped off. They split up and have come back even bigger on their reunion. They're also supposedly either subbing the Pyramid or headlining the Other Stage at Glasto (for reference, the acts who did that this year were The xx, The National, Biffy Clyro, Major Lazer, alt-J and Boy Better Know). Conversely, Kaiser Chiefs played 5th down the Other Stage this year (The same slot as Glass Animals and Kodaline).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The Streets haven't dropped off. They split up and have come back even bigger on their reunion. They're also supposedly either subbing the Pyramid or headlining the Other Stage at Glasto (for reference, the acts who did that this year were The xx, The National, Biffy Clyro, Major Lazer, alt-J and Boy Better Know). Conversely, Kaiser Chiefs played 5th down the Other Stage this year (The same slot as Glass Animals and Kodaline).

Wrong year mate

6 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They’re not a they are they. It’s just Mike Skinner isn’t it?

A sub seems a little much, even for someone (me) who was in their prime when he was in his prime. 

3rd just about. Must admit being in the US now I have no idea at any splash they’ve made with new material that has gained a new audience

On 11/23/2018 at 5:13 PM, jamieaslee said:

I understand they usually get something out now so it's just in time for Christmas, but generally surely once the lineups out you are going to go or you're not; don't see the point in announcements spread-out really.

Splitting it up means that the hype and interest continues. Its like a teaser campaign almost for like a new film, you get many trailers before the final release. I don't know if I am going so far, waiting for more acts on the support before I buy a ticket personally.

9 hours ago, Benj said:

A sub seems a little much, even for someone (me) who was in their prime when he was in his prime. 

3rd just about. Must admit being in the US now I have no idea at any splash they’ve made with new material that has gained a new audience

Nah it's a group. You even called them a "they" in your last paragraph :P

19 hours ago, Benj said:

There are about 6 or 7 of them I think? Mike just gets the spotlight lmao.

Definitely haven't dropped off at all, if anything even bigger. New album in September aswell as a documentary so I could definitely see them playing as they've already released about 5 singles .Majority aren't great for me though so not too excited for the album.

If Panic At The Disco can sub, The Streets should be able to, no problem. They have enough big songs to pull it off.

Plus Other Stage headliners at Glastonbury are more or less equivalent size to subs at Reading and Leeds. Major Lazer, Disclosure, Jake Bugg, Chase and Status, Bloc Party and The Prodigy all headlined the Other Stage the same year they subbed R&L.

Edited by VCK

Two Door Cinema
The Offspring
Blossoms
Chase & Status (possibly closing DJ set)
Twin Atlantic
Circa Waves
Against The Current
Clean Bandit
The Neighbourhood
Good Charlotte
CHVRCHES
Sundara Karma 
The Hunna
Jack Garratt
YM@6

Not a personal preference but names that could get revealed on a fairly big announcement early Spring?

9 hours ago, Cammers said:

Two Door Cinema
The Offspring
Blossoms
Chase & Status (possibly closing DJ set)
Twin Atlantic
Circa Waves
Against The Current
Clean Bandit
The Neighbourhood
Good Charlotte
CHVRCHES
Sundara Karma 
The Hunna
Jack Garratt
YM@6

Not a personal preference but names that could get revealed on a fairly big announcement early Spring?

blossoms already got announced in the first annccment

On 11/27/2018 at 9:23 PM, VCK said:

If Panic At The Disco can sub, The Streets should be able to, no problem. They have enough big songs to pull it off.

Plus Other Stage headliners at Glastonbury are more or less equivalent size to subs at Reading and Leeds. Major Lazer, Disclosure, Jake Bugg, Chase and Status, Bloc Party and The Prodigy all headlined the Other Stage the same year they subbed R&L.

Spotify doesn't mean much but like come on...

image.png.44b2fb3cad1ea1982091bd9787075eec.png

image.png.cc1e0f8c40a6a4e11c99c6c330a5e37e.png

The only song close to the street's figure was released today also. I am 17 and until browsing these forums I hadn't even heard of the Streets. I think they would be a great 3rd down or NME headliner, or could sub the double headline but they can't sub foos or 1975. I guess Courteeners did sub but they have been moving up the bill for ages, Streets have just come back so they could be put lower if Reading choose to. Do you think we could get Skrillex (not to sub, just generally)

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Spotify doesn't mean much but like come on...

image.png.44b2fb3cad1ea1982091bd9787075eec.png

image.png.cc1e0f8c40a6a4e11c99c6c330a5e37e.png

The only song close to the street's figure was released today also. I am 17 and until browsing these forums I hadn't even heard of the Streets. I think they would be a great 3rd down or NME headliner, or could sub the double headline but they can't sub foos or 1975. I guess Courteeners did sub but they have been moving up the bill for ages, Streets have just come back so they could be put lower if Reading choose to. Do you think we could get Skrillex (not to sub, just generally)

But in the context of this being a music festival in the UK, where stage positions are based on an artist's popularity in this country, The Streets subbing probably wouldn't be as surprising as Panic being booked to sub was. Plus you have to take into account that The Streets aren't that well known outside of the UK, whereas I'd imagine a lot of those people who have streamed Panic are from America and elsewhere.