Finish time on Sunday and crowds exiting on Sunday

LadySteptoe

Hello, sorry to ask what is probably a well-worn question. Son going in 2019 as a post-GCSE thing, but we want to collect him (or for him to get the train back) on Sunday night. Can anyone outline for me what sort of time the acts finish on a Sunday, particularly if there's a main act that he won't want to miss? Also, if it's feasible to pick him up on a Sunday evening or if there's a massive exodus that makes it impractical to try to find him (in which case I guess we'd suggest a meeting point a mile away from the camp site)? Do most people stay over to the Monday morning? (We will consider train to Slough as well, if combination of finish time for main act of the evening plus Bank Holiday weekend schedules don't make it impractical.)

Thanks in advance. 

5 minutes ago, LadySteptoe said:

Hello, sorry to ask what is probably a well-worn question. Son going in 2019 as a post-GCSE thing, but we want to collect him (or for him to get the train back) on Sunday night. Can anyone outline for me what sort of time the acts finish on a Sunday, particularly if there's a main act that he won't want to miss? Also, if it's feasible to pick him up on a Sunday evening or if there's a massive exodus that makes it impractical to try to find him (in which case I guess we'd suggest a meeting point a mile away from the camp site)? Do most people stay over to the Monday morning? (We will consider train to Slough as well, if combination of finish time for main act of the evening plus Bank Holiday weekend schedules don't make it impractical.)

Thanks in advance. 

Not sure if you're on about Leeds or Reading but this is for Reading:

So this can be difficult. Trains are something I never do on Sunday as it means leaving early, missing some of the main act as you have to catch the train so picking him up would most probs be the best idea. I got picked up before from the train station and it was fine. Not far for him to walk and its a good meeting point as loads of people also walk that way and its all signed up. Foo Fighters are closing on Sunday and they are known for big sets. It should end around 11ish from my experience but it is difficult to say. Best bet would be for your son to say when they get on stage and they usually end 2-2:30 hours after when they start. 

Any more questions just ask :)

4 hours ago, LadySteptoe said:

Thanks in advance. 

The All Around Ball answered this well but I would recommend letting him stay till Monday morning if the weather stays dry. Foos will have a brilliant set and it will probably be gone midnight by the time you pick him up. If you live in Slough (didn't really understand) this would be fine though would be back before 1am, but further away don't bother unless you actually need him back.

I left early this year due to the weather on Sunday and got collected here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Thameside+Coffee+House/@51.4658599,-0.9788779,135a,35y,90h/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48769b64452270e1:0x3a09913c72d6f9c4!8m2!3d51.4661526!4d-0.9792363

i don't think it was really a proper collection spot but one of the side streets would work fine, on the North bank of the river would be much quieter too probably so maybe get him to leave through white camp.