Soundscape Weekender 2019 Coventry

Callum_96

New 2 day festival being held in Coventry at the Ricoh Arena June 15th and 16th. Just announced David Guetta to headline Sunday with Anne Marie and Mabel playing as well. Saturday is supposed to be a indie/rock day and they've got Noely G headlining apparently and I heard Happy Mondays were doing it as well lower down the bill

46525455_1021242218060454_31795469375609

Decent lineup for the target audience tbf, looks like running order will be

David Guetta//Anne-Marie//Years & Years//TBA//Clean Bandit//Mabel//Rak-Su//TBA

Not a huge Noel fan, or Happy Mondays but I'd probably go with a couple bands more to my taste on the bill.

Will probably end up going on the pop day just for Guetta tbh.

Just going to add, my friend got told "hand on heart" by someone who's working the event that neither of the Gallagher's will be there.

A quick look at their Twitter following shows they're following everyone announced then a few other acts including obviously a few like Rihanna, Calvin Harris not to make it too obvious but acts they're following that could easily be booked for the Saturday that they're following include: Imagine Dragons, Royal Blood and Bastille so I assume one of those is our headliner. Also following Wolf Alice so hopefully they make an appearance.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Just going to add, my friend got told "hand on heart" by someone who's working the event that neither of the Gallagher's will be there.

A quick look at their Twitter following shows they're following everyone announced then a few other acts including obviously a few like Rihanna, Calvin Harris not to make it too obvious but acts they're following that could easily be booked for the Saturday that they're following include: Imagine Dragons, Royal Blood and Bastille so I assume one of those is our headliner. Also following Wolf Alice so hopefully they make an appearance.

I got given a comprehensive list yesterday that included everything put the headline and was told it wasn't even of them as well, apparently Noel wanted 750k but list that I got included Libs, Vaccines and Ashcroft

2 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

I got given a comprehensive list yesterday that included everything put the headline and was told it wasn't even of them as well, apparently Noel wanted 750k but list that I got included Libs, Vaccines and Ashcroft

I'm down for the libs, would love to see them again 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, Callum_96 said:

Care to give any other acts from this list? Really wonder who the headliner could be to be bigger than those. I'm sticking with Royal Blood for now.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, Callum_96 said:

Going by the festivals Noel Gallagher has been headlining last couple of years, I’m pretty certain he wouldn’t be asking for 750k.

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Care to give any other acts from this list? Really wonder who the headliner could be to be bigger than those. I'm sticking with Royal Blood for now.

I'll try and find out the headliner, doubt it will be Royal Blood though don't seem to fit the bill. Wasn't a huge list I got, other one was Tom Grennan most likely because he's managed by a bloke from Coventry. It's only one stage so 6/7 acts is all you'll be getting. For the price of it I'm expecting something a bit like Victorious where everyone has much shorter sets 

5 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

I'll try and find out the headliner, doubt it will be Royal Blood though don't seem to fit the bill. Wasn't a huge list I got, other one was Tom Grennan most likely because he's managed by a bloke from Coventry. It's only one stage so 6/7 acts is all you'll be getting. For the price of it I'm expecting something a bit like Victorious where everyone has much shorter sets 

Or maybe it will be like  Radio 1 big weekend

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

Or maybe it will be like  Radio 1 big weekend

No, it’s in the arena. It’ll be one stage with 8 acts the festival have said.

7 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Ahh fair enough yeah I remember it being said there’d be 8 acts. The opener is the winner of an introducing competition, then 6 acts including Libs, Ashcroft, Vaccines and Grennan and a couple more then a big headliner it seems.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

looks like they've dumped the Saturday of this.

Always seemed an odd mix, anyway.

Ffs. Odd mix but was looking forward to it. Not sure I can bare the Sunday just for Years & Years and Guetta. Looks like Jess Glynne will be the big chart topper they still need to add as they've posted a pic of her on insta.

EDIT- now says on their site only 6 artists on the sunday as opposed to originally 8. Strange as they literally posted earlier saying they have a big act to announce.

Edited by TheWaters

38 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Ffs. Odd mix but was looking forward to it. Not sure I can bare the Sunday just for Years & Years and Guetta. Looks like Jess Glynne will be the big chart topper they still need to add as they've posted a pic of her on insta.

EDIT- now says on their site only 6 artists on the sunday as opposed to originally 8. Strange as they literally posted earlier saying they have a big act to announce.

Sounds like they don’t know what they’re doing, will be surprised if it’s a success.

12 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Maybe 2 acts have dropped out

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

seems more likely that they had to rationalise things for Sunday when they dropped the Saturday, because they now only have one day of ticket sales to cover the infrastructure costs.

Has the Saturday been dropped officially? They commented on there Facebook page that Saturday is getting announced in February. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...