The 1975 2020

Mash011

23 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Having not heard much from them at all really, I thought I'd give those 2 new tunes ago. Early verdict.... Well, it's no Radiohead, but I kind admire the ambition. And the rockier one is pretty good actually. Second one is a bit thin sounding. I might give them a further listen. 

Which ones do you mean? Give Yourself A Try is definitely the weakest of their recent output. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, clarkete said:

Well I've learned something, I've always thought it's a euphemism for willy.

Think that used to be the common useage. Big difference now if you say 'he's a massive weapon' as oppsed to 'he's got a massive weapon' :)

• Upvote 1

The 1975 could do with a bigger more mighty production. Just sounds a little underdeveloped. There's something there (first time I've kind of recognised that) but some bigger guitars (maybe with some distortion) or larger more expansive strings/synths could really help them to appeal to people searching for more powerful music and thus reward them that Pyramid headline position.

Edited by willutalk

3 minutes ago, willutalk said:

The 1975 could do with a bigger more mighty production. Just sounds a little underdeveloped. There's something there (first time I've kind of recognised that) but some bigger guitars (maybe with some distortion) or larger more expansive strings/synths could really help them to appeal to people searching for more powerful music and thus reward them that Pyramid headline position.

Yes let's turn 75 into a classic rock act.

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yes let's turn 75 into a classic rock act.

I don't think they should be  (even if their name suggest it), it's just an opinion of mine. For a band to get my heart pumping they need power and energy, I think the potential for that in the 1975 is there, but their production doesn't expose it.

3 minutes ago, willutalk said:

I don't think they should be  (even if their name suggest it), it's just an opinion of mine. For a band to get my heart pumping they need power and energy, I think the potential for that in the 1975 is there, but their production doesn't expose it.

Aye but no one else wants that from them lol.

What's their live sound like? Not seen them, and tbh I don't place much trust in live recordings having watched highlights of sets I was there for and found them unrecognisable! Anyone seen them live?

Wouldn't be the first band to have a much bigger sound live than on record.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

What's their live sound like? Not seen them, and tbh I don't place much trust in live recordings having watched highlights of sets I was there for and found them unrecognisable! Anyone seen them live?

Saw them live three times when the first album came out and they ranged from decent to shite.

41 minutes ago, Quark said:

I saw them when they were in the little tent at Kendal Calling, they were alright but that was like 5 or 6 years ago. 

Shite on the pyramid a few years ago, I wasn't particularly in the mood though. Took Dolly to get me out of the depths of my hangover (which I did not see coming).

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I saw them when they were in the little tent at Kendal Calling, they were alright but that was like 5 or 6 years ago. 

Shite on the pyramid a few years ago, I wasn't particularly in the mood though. Took Dolly to get me out of the depths of my hangover (which I did not see coming).

You didn't see your hangover coming?

Or you didn't think Dolly would be the one to pull you out of it?

Just now, Woffy said:

You didn't see your hangover coming?

Or you didn't think Dolly would be the one to pull you out of it?

It would have been incredibly naive to not see that hangover coming. 

I wasn't expecting to enjoy Dolly but thoroughly did. As I think most people did. Hence why no one talks about the act that was on before her.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Sound-wise though?  Do they sound "bigger" than their album sound, or pretty consistent?

Sounded pretty 'big' at the O2. Had a bunch of extra musicians with them, brass and stuff, backing singers.

Altho yeah I'm baffled by where this thin comment is coming from. Not all songs need to sound 'big' but it's hard to imagine stuff like The Sound sounding much bigger.

Edited by Mash011

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Sound-wise though?  Do they sound "bigger" than their album sound, or pretty consistent?

Don’t think they sounded any bigger, although as has been said I think they’ve been getting a brass section etc in for more recent shows.

My main issue when I saw them was Matt Healey can’t really sing