Jump to content
Mash011

The 1975 2020

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I mean, an outdoor London gig, for a band that headlined Reading festival last year, with support from Charli XCX, at £50 is a very good price now a days, but I'm sure you wouldn't of gone to see them anyway and just wanted to let everyone know that. 

I spent nearly that much to go see just Charli at Brixton, let alone the rest of the lineup

Edited by Mattymooz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Wasn’t their last arena tour under £40 a ticket? They look after their fans to be fair. 

Loads of £40 tickets left at their hometown gig at Manchester Arena in four weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was that the source that also said Billie Eilish is playing?

Unfortunately yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

What was this again? 

Manager at Dirty Hit for

told me The 1975 were doing their own fests this summer & playing a Glasto slot along with her and The Japanese House.

Also said Aerosmith were playing but not headlining.

Also another fest set for Manchester.

Edited by Bisque
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Manager at Dirty Hit for

told me The 1975 were doing their own fests this summer & playing a Glasto slot along with her and The Japanese House.

Also said Aerosmith were playing but not headlining.

Also another fest set for Manchester.

Interesting info - hope this is all true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Manager at Dirty Hit for

told me The 1975 were doing their own fests this summer & playing a Glasto slot along with her and The Japanese House.

Also said Aerosmith were playing but not headlining.

Also another fest set for Manchester.

So 1975 playing? Interesting, what about the Billie Eilish thing? Shes playing too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would definitely make sense for them to skip this year if they knew it meant headlining in 2021. Also starts my ticket day anxiety extremely early as if they’re playing Glastonbury I have to be there! 
 

Going to see them in Feb in Cardiff. The last time I saw them they were incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, March Hare said:

Loads of £40 tickets left at their hometown gig at Manchester Arena in four weeks.

They’re from Cheshire. No matter how much they wish it were otherwise.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chazwwe said:

So 1975 playing? Interesting, what about the Billie Eilish thing? Shes playing too? 

No idea how he knows she is playing. Maybe if she is playing before or after or he’s seen plans of the line up.

Imo she played last year so don’t see any reason to being her back so quickly unless she’s been bumped up massively. I really don’t know, I did scrutinise him pretty deeply.

I didn’t push hard on The 1975 as he couldn’t confirm but did by being really coy etc. Maybe they were meant to play & now aren’t or it’s a secret set.

I can ask him again but I don’t like bugging people.

 

edit: maybe he has seen a line up or plan because he knew about Aerosmith?

Also was adamant that Billie E is on Pyramid, my train of thought says to me the above. I guess not everyone goes to Glasto every year because of how tickets are sold so repeat bookings aren’t a big deal, plus those Grammy’s she’s just won.

He also replied quickly saying that fake R&L line up was inaccurate, the one with The Japanese House on it.

Edited by Bisque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, GoonerRob said:

The general consensus is that £50 to see the 1975 is cheap?? 

Not a chance i'd pay that to see a bang average band personally. 

You probably pay about that to watch a bang average football team

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bisque said:

No idea how he knows she is playing. Maybe if she is playing before or after or he’s seen plans of the line up.

Imo she played last year so don’t see any reason to being her back so quickly unless she’s been bumped up massively. I really don’t know, I did scrutinise him pretty deeply.

I didn’t push hard on The 1975 as he couldn’t confirm but did by being really coy etc. Maybe they were meant to play & now aren’t or it’s a secret set.

I can ask him again but I don’t like bugging people.

 

edit: maybe he has seen a line up or plan because he knew about Aerosmith?

Also was adamant that Billie E is on Pyramid, my train of thought says to me the above. I guess not everyone goes to Glasto every year because of how tickets are sold so repeat bookings aren’t a big deal, plus those Grammy’s she’s just won.

He also replied quickly saying that fake R&L line up was inaccurate, the one with The Japanese House on it.

Dude you’re actually gonna kill me if this is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Dude you’re actually gonna kill me if this is wrong.

I really don’t think he was lying but I’m just passing on what he said.

I don’t want to be that guy in a couple of months time who claimed to know who’s playing, it’s info I’ve been told.

I remember being told Kasabian were playing by a roady around Xmas time & didn’t pass it on as I didn’t want to be torn apart on here. That was literally/physically someone I met in the pub.

Then again You Me At Six said they were doing Glasto instead of R&L and the opposite happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I mean, if you insist...

I’ve asked Beabadoobee’s drummer & he (Louis) just replied with this...

E888C44B-1160-49C4-9D88-E09ABDAD1B58.jpeg

Edited by Bisque
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bisque said:

 

He also replied quickly saying that fake R&L line up was inaccurate, the one with The Japanese House on it.

Does he have any other info on the R&L line up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tobydlb said:

Does he have any other info on the R&L line up?

Not asked. They are in America up until June. Coachella, headline tour & Boston Calling (I don’t know when that is).

I can ask but I’m more interested in Glasto tbh.

210C3A4C-D80E-4759-A5F0-9B9CC9FA191C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So we still thinking there'll be an outdoor Manchester show too?

Apparently that was the definite goer out of the two cities. I was curious as why Manchester over London? I asked if it would be like Parklife (dunno why, I guess it was the only fest I could think of at the time there) & he said no, just artisits on Dirty Hit.

I mentioned Finsbury & he said that was a likely location (I presumed Hyde Park or Clapham would be too big or expensive).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So The 1975 & Baebadoobee are playing lots of festivals with Charli XCX, RTJ & RatM. Criptic.

All in the U.K. in June.

Edited by Bisque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Apparently that was the definite goer out of the two cities. I was curious as why Manchester over London? I asked if it would be like Parklife (dunno why, I guess it was the only fest I could think of at the time there) & he said no, just artisits on Dirty Hit.

I mentioned Finsbury & he said that was a likely location (I presumed Hyde Park or Clapham would be too big or expensive).

might Manc have got switched for somewhere else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...