The 1975 2020

Mash011

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Hang on I thought gammons liked white guys with guitars?  Or is it just old white men with guitars now? Or it just people who don't like stuff? Or is it just a word to wind people up?

Make yer fucking minds up please

Gammons only listen to Oasis and no one else.

Because anyone who doesn't like what's trendy at the minute is automatically an Oasis fan. And they're white too by the way haha!

The 1975, never seen the appeal myself. This new song isn't doing a right lot to win me over. And anyone on here who knows me well knows that I think the Manics were the much superior band to Oasis in the 90s. ;)

Just now, cdm22 said:

Both songs are just really monotonous. I knew very little about them before this thread but I don't think I have missed much. 

Give Yourself a Try isn't their best but if you don't get Love It If We Made It then I'm afraid you might just be a dad. Anyway, they're a pop band. They make big pop songs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Give Yourself a Try isn't their best but if you don't get Love It If We Made It then I'm afraid you might just be a dad. Anyway, they're a pop band. They make big pop songs.

Oh I get it. Its just pap like Adele, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, and most other things that appeal to the masses, and all a bit style over content.

(Oh, and Oasis were mostly shite too before you do the Gammon thing once again :D)

Just this year NME gave 10/10 to The 1975, Architects, The Prodigy, boygenius, Parcels, Christine and the Queens, Noname, Troye Sivan, IDLES, Muncie Girls, Blood Orange, Travis Scott, Trophy Eyes, The Internet, Years and Years, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Stryke, Jon Hopkins, Janelle Monáe, Kali Uchis, Amen Dunes, Jack White, Sunflower Bean, Rejjie Snow, Ezra Furman, Hookworms, Dream Wife, Shame.

That means you could release a "perfect" album by their standards and only be the 28th best album of the year ffs.

They even gave the new Smashing Pumpkins and Muse albums 8/10.

Edited by Gucci Piggy
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just this year NME gave 10/10 to The 1975, Architects, The Prodigy, boygenius, Parcels, Christine and the Queens, Noname, Troye Sivan, IDLES, Muncie Girls, Blood Orange, Travis Scott, Trophy Eyes, The Internet, Years and Years, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Stryke, Jon Hopkins, Janelle Monáe, Kali Uchis, Amen Dunes, Jack White, Sunflower Bean, Rejjie Snow, Ezra Furman, Hookworms, Dream Wife, Shame.

That means you could release a "perfect" album by their standards and only be the 28th best album of the year ffs.

This ain't just NME any more though, they've had four reviews so far and they've all been perfect scores. Thanks for going to the effort of compiling this list though pal.

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Also gave the newest Manics album an 8/10, which only had a handful of genuinely good songs on it.

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

This ain't just NME any more though, they've had four reviews so far and they've all been perfect scores. Thanks for going to the effort of compiling this list though pal.

I'm seeing 10/10 from DIY and Dork who have also handed out 10/10 to a lot of average stuff this year such as Pale Waves, Slaves, Fickle Friends and Shame.

Can't see a list of what high scores Q Magazine have given out but I'm sure it'll be a list of amazing albums.

I'll wait until next Friday to decide whether the album is good tbh.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Why who's reviewing it then?

I actually said to Mash the other day that I think The 1975 are overhated and TOOTIME is a tune of the year and I'm looking forward to the album. I'm just posting those review scores to disprove his assertion that some perfect scores from NME, DIY and Dork mean anything.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I actually said to Mash the other day that I think The 1975 are overhated and TOOTIME is a tune of the year and I'm looking forward to the album. I'm just posting those review scores to disprove his assertion that some perfect scores from NME, DIY and Dork mean anything.

You don’t need to post other review ratings to do that tbf 

Edited by the wonderwhy