The 1975 2020

Mash011

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

1975 are a bit meh aren’t they. Will no doubt give the album a few listens though. Although may wait to see the reaction on here. I can’t bring myself to listen to the Muse album yet after the derision it got.

Absolutely the last thing you should do is read anything on here first!!  :lol:

11 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Tbf I’m just listening to it and it is sick.

1975 are a bit meh aren’t they. Will no doubt give the album a few listens though. Although may wait to see the reaction on here. I can’t bring myself to listen to the Muse album yet after the derision it got.

Yeah it is. I had some of it on as part of a playlist in the car when I went to see Mitski the other month and my mate asked if I was listening to Kylie in preparation for Glasto lol.

You have to listen to the Muse album it's pure entertainment. Saying that I haven't been back to it since the day it came out.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Although may wait to see the reaction on here. 

Not to defend The 1975, but think it's better to develop your own taste, not just based on all that's said in here (by the more vocal folks) :lol:

Of course problem is that there's so much music to listen to. Many albums take a few listens to appreciate. Hate to admit it, but the new Muse has been growing a bit on me :ph34r: also read some real positive reviews, that's why I haven't left it instantly. Still not like the first three albums of course.

16 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Bcos they're about to drop an earth-shattering album (or two) and there's no way Glastonbury are gonna be dumb enough to not have them headline in 2020, it's about time they had their own thread.

Their 'generation defining masterpiece' is out next week and pre-release reviews have so far given it perfect scores across the board. This is gonna be some real shit.

http://diymag.com/2018/11/20/the-1975-a-brief-inquiry-into-online-relationships-album-review

https://www.readdork.com/reviews/the-1975-a-brief-inquiry-into-online-relationships

https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/1975-brief-inquiry-online-relationships-reviews

Be Here Now was a generation defining masterpiece that had perfect scores across the board.

Not saying it might be great but don't believe the hype

They're the best pop band going right now by a blumming mile, and the singles released this year at suggest that the upcoming album is the real deal. They also have a humongous following that grows by the day.

They're absolutely ready to headline the pyramid. Not 2020 though. Next year! The timing is perfect dammit.

EDIT: Just found out they're headlining Reading/Leeds. Oh well :(, good for them tho. Tbh 2020 is a possibility depending on how next year goes for them. But is it like Glasto to pick up previous year's headliners from Reading?

Edited by SuperSoupy

32 minutes ago, SuperSoupy said:

They're the best pop band going right now by a blumming mile, and the singles released this year at suggest that the upcoming album is the real deal. They also have a humongous following that grows by the day.

They're absolutely ready to headline the pyramid. Not 2020 though. Next year! The timing is perfect dammit.

EDIT: Just found out they're headlining Reading/Leeds. Oh well :(, good for them tho. Tbh 2020 is a possibility depending on how next year goes for them. But is it like Glasto to pick up previous year's headliners from Reading?

It's gonna be a no brainer for Glasto 2020. Biggest young British band of the decade,  fresh off a critically acclaimed album (or two), arena tour and R&L headline slot. Can't see them not headlining it, and it'd be a major blunder on Glasto's part to not get them.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Although may wait to see the reaction on here. I can’t bring myself to listen to the Muse album yet after the derision it got.

Surely a good reason NOT to wait and see what reaction it gets???? Much better to decide what you think and then come on here and call everyone who doesn't agree with you a c*nt  than let the most prolific posters convince you that all the bands you like are shit

• Upvote 2

Now that I gave a significant bit of the The 1975 discopgraphy a proper listen I can truly say: not for me, bar the occasional song. Although I might enjoy some of it late afternoon on a festival. But if they're massive and British, they'll probably headline at some point, although I doubt it will be 2020 (depending on whether they'll go all out for the anniversary). 

It's also the voice on this Matt guy, don't like it. 

Just now, StupidDream said:

Now that I gave a significant bit of the The 1975 discopgraphy a proper listen I can truly say: not for me, bar the occasional song. Although I might enjoy some of it late afternoon on a festival. But if they're massive and British, they'll probably headline at some point, although I doubt it will be 2020 (depending on whether they'll go all out for the anniversary). 

It's also the voice on this Matt guy, don't like it. 

Did you listen to TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME

58 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Surely a good reason NOT to wait and see what reaction it gets???? Much better to decide what you think and then come on here and call everyone who doesn't agree with you a c*nt  than let the most prolific posters convince you that all the bands you like are shit

???. I think you’ve nailed it there Sas.

2 hours ago, StupidDream said:

Not to defend The 1975, but think it's better to develop your own taste, not just based on all that's said in here (by the more vocal folks) :lol:

Of course problem is that there's so much music to listen to. Many albums take a few listens to appreciate. Hate to admit it, but the new Muse has been growing a bit on me :ph34r: also read some real positive reviews, that's why I haven't left it instantly. Still not like the first three albums of course.

Noted.

Just to be clear though, I don’t actually like Muse. I might have given the album a cursory listen but that’s all. 

I don’t actually like The 1975 either although I probably will listen to their new one so I can pretend to be relevant still.

Now if they’d have slagged off a Phoenix album then that would be a different matter entirely.

27 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Noted.

Just to be clear though, I don’t actually like Muse. I might have given the album a cursory listen but that’s all. 

I don’t actually like The 1975 either although I probably will listen to their new one so I can pretend to be relevant still.

Now if they’d have slagged off a Phoenix album then that would be a different matter entirely.

Did you go to Glasto last year? Phoenix were sick but I was somehow so fucked that I walked off during like their 4th to last song thinking they'd finished. I got about 20 metres away from the JP tent before realising they were still playing, turned around and considered going back but for some reason just couldn't bring myself to go back over there so resumed walking away. Baffling tbh.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

erm .... hardly "up and coming". They've just been announced to headline Reading & Leeds.

Maybe "up and coming" is the wrong choice of wording. But they're clearly an emerging act worthy of major festival headline slots based upon their popularity. And that's the kind of act that should be getting the opportunity at Glastonbury

3 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You have to listen to the Muse album it's pure entertainment. Saying that I haven't been back to it since the day it came out.

I have, and you know what? It's not actually as bad as first thought, the first three tracks are strong. Propoganda is obviously a complete clusterfuck, but the whole thing is certainly no 2nd Law or Drones.

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Did you go to Glasto last year? Phoenix were sick but I was somehow so fucked that I walked off during like their 4th to last song thinking they'd finished. I got about 20 metres away from the JP tent before realising they were still playing, turned around and considered going back but for some reason just couldn't bring myself to go back over there so resumed walking away. Baffling tbh.

Yeah was there, and it was sick. Can’t believe you left.

Was also there in 2013 when they played the same slot on the Sunday. Couple of my best ever Glasto sets.

Had tickets to Ally Pally in Sept 17 but I was really ill on the day and didn’t make it. I’m not over that yet ?.

Be a while before they’re on the farm again.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Yeah was there, and it was sick. Can’t believe you left.

Was also there in 2013 when they played the same slot on the Sunday. Couple of my best ever Glasto sets.

Had tickets to Ally Pally in Sept 17 but I was really ill on the day and didn’t make it. I’m not over that yet ?.

Be a while before they’re on the farm again.

Yeah me neither but I had no idea what I was doing tbh.

I was there on my own because after The National I walked off with someone and like 10 mins later realised I was supposed to be letting it over to the JP for FJM so then I legged it. My friends just left me to it and went without me cos I was being annoying as fuck.

I ended up talking to a group of like 3 people at the back of the tent either before or after FJM who I got the impression were eFesters. All I remember is one of them was a woman wearing beetlejuice trousers.

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I was there on my own because after The National I walked off with someone and like 10 mins later realised I was supposed to be letting it over to the JP for FJM so then I legged it. My friends just left me to it and went without me cos I was being annoying as fuck.

I ended up talking to a group of like 3 people at the back of the tent either before or after FJM who I got the impression were eFesters. All I remember is one of them was a woman wearing beetlejuice trousers.

Thankfully not me (altho I wasn’t on eFesters then tbf).

You sound like a bit of a weapon if I’m honest (no offence). Although my smashed self would probably love bumping into you on the farm.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What would make you think you were annoying?