The 1975 2020

Mash011

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Imagine starting a thread about The 1975 headlining in 2020, spending months going on about how crap The Cure are, and then The 1975 subbing The Cure in 2019.

Couldn't be me.

honestly that would be such a dumb booking that i'd never go to glasto again out of spite

• 6 months later...

Just when you think you couldn’t dislike them anymore .... what a load of pretentious tosh. 

(*that is these clowns putting their name to it for exposure and publicity - not the message itself which is obviously very real and disturbing). 

Edited by st dan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, st dan said:

Just when you think you couldn’t dislike them anymore .... what a load of pretentious tosh. 

(*that is these clowns putting their name to it for exposure and publicity - not the message itself which is obviously very real and disturbing). 

Naw. Would definitely say that they’re doing this to give the spotlight to climate change, rather than using that to shine a spotlight on themselves. And when a lot of modern people need production value and entertainment for issues to get through to them, why not?

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the song ‘KONY 2019’ which I hear is the centrepiece of the album.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

Skipping straight to page 14 I imagine I've missed a lot of The 1975 bashing but heres my input:

1 - I'm sure they opened their tour this year with some of the above video message
2 - Suspect I'm in a minority with this but I love The 1975 and fully believe they have reached headliner level. Would be great for 2020. 

49 minutes ago, st dan said:

Think all the money from this track is going to Extinction Rebellion.

Not saying it isn't pretentious but at least they're a band with an opinion and willing to voice them.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Suspect I'm in a minority with this but I love The 1975 and fully believe they have reached headliner level. Would be great for 2020. 

Agreed, would be brilliant headliners next year. Saw them in Jan and the show itself was unbelievably good with a next level performance. 

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Rumour going around that the album is due for release in February 2020. Surely they must be in contention to headline.  

I think most people believe they are a realistic proposition for next year. Have a look at the 2020 headliner thread and they feature in a lot of predictions.

They may be total horseshit, but their headline credentials are strong.

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

They always said they’d need to put out something before Reading and Leeds, it’s a bit late now to release an album by then though.

I know they wanted to have it ready by then but I cant see it. Like how do they have time to master it with all the touring they've been doing