The 1975 2020

Mash011

28 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah that’s a fair point. I was speaking to one of the stewards there a couple of weeks back and they were saying they believe the plan is to keep the Motorpoint. The only difference will be it won’t be a Live Nation venue any more so I’m not sure how that will work?

I wonder/hope something akin to the O2 Academy in Birmingham or the one in Islington can be achieved on a bigger scale with rooms of varying sizes available. 

Re: 1975, I have to admit I'm liking how often Milk is popping up on the setlist. 

2 hours ago, TheBoz said:

I'm seeing them on Tuesday for the first time since their Williams Green set in either 2013 or 2014 where someone threw a can at Matty and the band jumped into the crowd after them. Got to be an improvement over that. I'm a much bigger fan of the band too now. Can't wait for it! 

They are massively improved since then and have so much material now that they have left lots of favs out of their current setlist ☹️.  Glad to say Milk and Lostmyhead are back on it though.  Sitting in Hotel at the O2 at the minute ready for the show tonight - can’t wait 😀

People - good live, but rarely listen any other time

Frail State Of Mind - average

You And Me Together Song - not convinced - repetitive and a bit cheesy?

The Birthday Party - loving this - needs a few listens to click but currently my fav of the new stuff

If You're Too Shy Let Me Know - undeniably catchy but again a bit too cheesy

Guys - judgement reserved until I hear it tonight

Not entirely convinced with some the new material so far - will update tomorrow after hearing it all live tonight

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

People - good live, but rarely listen any other time

Frail State Of Mind - average

You And Me Together Song - not convinced - repetitive and a bit cheesy?

The Birthday Party - loving this - needs a few listens to click but currently my fav of the new stuff

If You're Too Shy Let Me Know - undeniably catchy but again a bit too cheesy

Guys - judgement reserved until I hear it tonight

Not entirely convinced with some the new material so far - will update tomorrow after hearing it all live tonight

I don't mind the cheesy songs at the moment, but don't know how long that will last or if these songs will start to wear away.

People is great live saw it at Reading where they first played it

Guys i haven't really listened to as much as IYTSLMK, so I will once again be waiting till I have heard it live on Tuesday

Look forward to hearing your opinions...enjoy the show!

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There seems to be an awful lot of young people congregating outside the O2.

Yep - an awful lot.  We are over for the weekend and have been around the O2 since lunchtime doing a bit of shopping / lunch etc and couldn’t believe the amount of fans all around the place so early

9 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

I don't mind the cheesy songs at the moment, but don't know how long that will last or if these songs will start to wear away.

I’m on the same page as you.  I am liking them at the minute, but get the feeling that won’t last - they feel a bit throwaway

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I travel through North Greenwich every day and I don’t know why but I bloody hate those things! I know they’re just a little bit of fun that slightly brightens up the gig goer’s day... but I still hate them. 

I’m just old and miserable.

True say. I'm not sure why they get to me either, but when you're tired and on the commute it feels patronising 

1 hour ago, ModBoy said:

Overall what are people thinking of the songs we have heard so far from NOACF?

People

Frail State Of Mind

You And Me Together Song

The Birthday Party

If You're Too Shy Let Me Know

Guys

All great singles, all very varied but still true to The 1975. The Birthday Party is my fave from the NOACF singles, which i know isn't a popular opinion...

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Yep - an awful lot.  We are over for the weekend and have been around the O2 since lunchtime doing a bit of shopping / lunch etc and couldn’t believe the amount of fans all around the place so early

I've never understood fans obsession with queueing so early for any 1975 show. They camp the night before in freezing temps. It's madness. Most of these arena venues do top up tickets for a couple of extra quid where you can queue jump and enjoy drinks before the show so it seems completely pointless.

Plus if I wanted to get front row I probably could or thereabouts without being rude and shoving my way through.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

I've never understood fans obsession with queueing so early for any 1975 show. They camp the night before in freezing temps. It's madness. Most of these arena venues do top up tickets for a couple of extra quid where you can queue jump and enjoy drinks before the show so it seems completely pointless.

Plus if I wanted to get front row I probably could or thereabouts without being rude and shoving my way through.

Agree with this - there now and pretty close without waiting all night 😁

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I travel through North Greenwich every day and I don’t know why but I bloody hate those things! I know they’re just a little bit of fun that slightly brightens up the gig goer’s day... but I still hate them. 

Come on Hugh - you are being miserable 😁

where you live you are probably a bit spoilt - for me coming from Belfast stuff like this is all part of the fun 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t know why but I bloody hate those things! I know they’re just a little bit of fun that slightly brightens up the gig goer’s day... but I still hate them. 

Settle Down. I don't know what's going on Inside Your Mind. It's only a bit of fun. Maybe you'll have A Change Of Heart, no Pressure.

Edited by Miyn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Agreed, it's bollocks. 

(also old and miserable) 

• Upvote 1