The 1975 2020

Mash011

Really hope they are there in some form otherwise I’ll just have to settle for seeing them next month. They’d definitely go down well as a Other headliner but that would definitely affect them headlining the festival outright. Secret set could be a good shout 

Here's what happened in the interview for anyone who missed it:

Annie: Have you got ambitions that haven't been realised yet as The 1975?

Matty: Yeah, but not stuff that's impossible. Headline Glastonbury but that's erm

George: We're busy this year I think

All: Laugh

Matty: We've um, It's such an amazing thing to do as a band, that would probably be the only gig that I feel like we need to do before it kind of all changes, but we're not saying this year or anything

Annie: 2021? Its got to be. Its got to be

Annie: Emily!!!

Matty: Come on, hello?

Matty: Yeah man, thanks for having us

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Need my Phoebe Bridgers fix at Glastonbury. 

This is The 1975 out of the frame for Other headliner?

Think most people had gone off that idea anyway as it didn't make much sense for them to do it in the long run anyway, but yeah this pretty much cements it. Still expecting them to show up as a secret set somewhere across the weekend, and then probably headline the whole thing next year

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think most people had gone off that idea anyway as it didn't make much sense for them to do it in the long run anyway, but yeah this pretty much cements it. Still expecting them to show up as a secret set somewhere across the weekend, and then probably headline the whole thing next year

Agreed, suspect they're happy to wait for their shot at the big one.

30 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Excellent lineup for The 1975 London show!  Very tempting that but isn't Finsbury Park normally a nightmare?

In what sense is it usually a nightmare? (I've never been)

Considering trying to get tickets, would it be better to drive and park, or get the train?

7 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

In what sense is it usually a nightmare? (I've never been)

Considering trying to get tickets, would it be better to drive and park, or get the train?

I've never been either but think I remember reading that the QOTSA and LG gigs there were a disaster in terms of bar queues and general organisation.

4 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

I've never been either but think I remember reading that the QOTSA and LG gigs there were a disaster in terms of bar queues and general organisation.

Yeah it was quite a shambles. Eventually I just gave up on buying drinks because I would have missed entire sets. But hopefully they've learnt from their mistakes and won't fuck up this time!

27 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

The general consensus is that £50 to see the 1975 is cheap?? 

Not a chance i'd pay that to see a bang average band personally. 

I mean, an outdoor London gig, for a band that headlined Reading festival last year, with support from Charli XCX, at £50 is a very good price now a days, but I'm sure you wouldn't of gone to see them anyway and just wanted to let everyone know that. 

• Upvote 1