The 1975 2020

Mash011

I like it a lot better than tootime, I like a lot of their music but I don't know what they were thinking with tootime. I'm really hoping if they do play they'll play a more "rocky" set, with stuff mainly from their first album, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I like it a lot better than tootime, I like a lot of their music but I don't know what they were thinking with tootime. I'm really hoping if they do play they'll play a more "rocky" set, with stuff mainly from their first album, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

They’re touring early next year anyway so I guess we’ll get a good indication of which songs have been cut from their back catalogue then.

I’ve just read the Notes on a conditional form brief on iTunes. Says the album is swaying more towards the earlier EP works. 

Haunt//bed is top 3 songs for me by the band, and I also like the majority of those earlier song from the uncut version of the first album (Milk, You, Somebody who can watch you etc.) so be nice to see them venture back to that.

If anything their visual show is one of the best I’ve seen live. It’s been developed with each tour, and the most recent was stunning in a sense of purely aesthetics. Would look great on the pyramid. 

Was also very interested in the song called Depth they were playing live at the last few shows, in place of An Encounter (which is also a lovely piece of music). Hope they enter that side a lot more as I think what they’ve done in that lane is quite interesting.

Still got a lot of time for the earlier pop tunes. She way out and settle down taking me back to early 2010’s when the album was released. Looking forward to more new material!

3 hours ago, StevieGed said:

I’ve just read the Notes on a conditional form brief on iTunes. Says the album is swaying more towards the earlier EP works. 

Haunt//bed is top 3 songs for me by the band, and I also like the majority of those earlier song from the uncut version of the first album (Milk, You, Somebody who can watch you etc.) so be nice to see them venture back to that.

If anything their visual show is one of the best I’ve seen live. It’s been developed with each tour, and the most recent was stunning in a sense of purely aesthetics. Would look great on the pyramid. 

Was also very interested in the song called Depth they were playing live at the last few shows, in place of An Encounter (which is also a lovely piece of music). Hope they enter that side a lot more as I think what they’ve done in that lane is quite interesting.

Still got a lot of time for the earlier pop tunes. She way out and settle down taking me back to early 2010’s when the album was released. Looking forward to more new material!

Agreed - love their recent stuff, but the early stuff is arguably even better - I think Milk,You, Undo and Settle Down would sound awesome on the Pyramid, but nobody would know them so not a chance of hearing them even if they did get to headline.

Mmmmmmm just a bit meh for me. But I just think the band are ok in general so that kinda fits. Fair play if they get a headline or decent slot at glasto. Doesn’t really bother me as there’s so much to see elsewhere. I continue to scratch my head at those who throw their tickets back in as they don’t like the headliners. 

35 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Agreed - love their recent stuff, but the early stuff is arguably even better - I think Milk,You, Undo and Settle Down would sound awesome on the Pyramid, but nobody would know them so not a chance of hearing them even if they did get to headline.

Oh yeah no chance of any of that finding itself into their set nowadays. Think that’s also due to the several songs they do play from the first album (Chocolate, Girls, Robbers) are as big and well known to the average fan as any of their other songs are, hard to substitute any of them or newer material for an album cut from album 1. 

But I do appreciate them changing things up album to album. I’m not a fan of People but kind of into the new song released tonight, reminds of tootime/sincerity is scary from the previous album. 

Be interesting to see if they hit the big time with another Chocolate, Robbers, Girls, The Sound, Somebody Else, Love it if We Made It on the new album. Sure they will but I’d say they’re the better known cuts from the previous 3 albums. 

Fwiw I don’t think either 2 singles are going to fall into that category, but also don’t think they were intending too. People seemed like a statement, Frail State of Mind just seems like an album cut drop to keep fans happy.