The 1975 2020

Mash011

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wasn’t their last album meant to be “experimental”? I recall one overly enthusiastic reviewer referring to it as the Millennial OK Computer.

Gave it a listen and thought it was a load of toss. 

That one review led to so many people listening to the album intent on confirming that it was in fact not the millennial OK Computer.

They need to pitch the next one as Nevermind or The White Album or something.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There are plenty of teenage girls at Glastonbury.

Around 70-80 percent?

6 hours ago, Mash011 said:

reasons a band can't headline glastonbury:

• girls like them
  • ???? dunno

Deliberately or not, you missed the point here, misleading the course of the argument. Mine is an extension from the discussion above this thread: do The 1975 appeal to a demographically wider audience? On account of what we saw at our respective occasions, Rose-Colored Boy says, “yes they do”, and I say, “not really.”

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Also we couldn’t DARE have a headliner that would appeal to a female audience. What absolute absurdity.

It’s about time to consider the regrouped One Direction or BTS for a Glastonbury headliner.

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wasn’t their last album meant to be “experimental”? I recall one overly enthusiastic reviewer referring to it as the Millennial OK Computer.

Gave it a listen and thought it was a load of toss. 

Hate to break it to u but OK Computer was not an experimental album

35 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Given the size of the crowd at Leeds, where they  where headlining on Saturday, I could see them ending up on the other stage. Compared to the Foo Fighters and Post Malone, who headlined the Friday and Sunday, it was the smallest crowd.  

There is absolutely zero chance they're playing anywhere other than Pyramid headliner if they're booked.

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Given the size of the crowd at Leeds, where they  where headlining on Saturday, I could see them ending up on the other stage. Compared to the Foo Fighters and Post Malone, who headlined the Friday and Sunday, it was the smallest crowd.  

The Cure had the smallest crowd out of the 3 headliners when they last headlined Reading and Leeds, even their sub Paramore had a bigger crowd so based on that logic, I look forward to seeing Paramore smash it headlining the Pyramid next year while if Bob & the boys play again I'm sure they'll do a good set on the Other. 

• 1 month later...