The 1975 2020

Mash011

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Thankfully not me (altho I wasn’t on eFesters then tbf).

You sound like a bit of a weapon if I’m honest (no offence). Although my smashed self would probably love bumping into you on the farm.

Can confirm I bumped into Will during this saga and did love him

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

"You sound like a bit of a weapon if I'm honest (no offence)"

is the closest somethings come to knocking Mardy's quote of my signature. Savage. 

best quote in efests history is still the bloke saying something along the lines of ''I'm not even saying Radiohead are bad, because theyre not. They're just not as good as Jessie J'' 

Pretty sure someone has that as their signature. 

18 hours ago, jyoung said:

NME interns have been on the glue again... 

"They've only gone and made the milennial answer to OK Computer"

When i read that headline I thought okay maybe i should go and listen to them now. I started to read the article and quickly realised how stupid it was.

8 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

When i read that headline I thought okay maybe i should go and listen to them now. I started to read the article and quickly realised how stupid it was.

Madness. I'll give the record a go when it's out as I think some of their stuff is pretty decent but I certainly won't be expecting OK Computer 2.0.

Just now, jyoung said:

Madness. I'll give the record a go when it's out as I think some of their stuff is pretty decent but I certainly won't be expecting OK Computer 2.0.

In fairness I have been listening to a them a big considering the hype and have quite enjoyed some of the new singles. The album will be big but saying its the OK Computer for Millennials is an absolute travesty. The two bands aren't remotely similar stylistically 

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Aye, it's a Bamber quote. The fact it's about Jessie J should give that away!

Update - Q have gone and given it 5 stars as well.  They're stacking up tbf.

Just be careful, legend has it that if you say Bamber's name too many times on a thread he appears and spams you with 50 pages of Jessie J videos.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

In fairness I have been listening to a them a big considering the hype and have quite enjoyed some of the new singles. The album will be big but saying its the OK Computer for Millennials is an absolute travesty. The two bands aren't remotely similar stylistically 

In fairness I don't think the writer is saying that the album sounds like OK Computer. More that it occupies a similar kind of cultural space and perceived significance. 

52 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

You sound like a bit of a weapon if I’m honest (no offence). Although my smashed self would probably love bumping into you on the farm.

thread has peaked, sorry mash 

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

In fairness I don't think the writer is saying that the album sounds like OK Computer. More that it occupies a similar kind of cultural space and perceived significance. 

Wonder if there was one person on a forum in 1997 starting threads on Radiohead trying to convince everyone that they were good and weren't for kids.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I just had to look up "weapon" on urban dictionary. That's made me feel even older than the R+L lineup poster did

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I just had to look up "weapon" on urban dictionary. That's made me feel even older than the R+L lineup poster did

I’ve also now just looked it up and the urban dictionary definition is not the one that I know it by ?. Sorry @Gucci Piggy, the urban dictionary definition is actually a bit rude. To me it means someone who gets very smashed a lot/looses their friends/forgets large parts of a day/night out. You know, that friend who you need to keep an eye on a bit.

• Like 1