Lost Horizon crowdfunding: please help!

Mark Doran

Just bumping this topic for new readers. You may have heard of Lost Horizon - the wonderful "hippie" sauna and garden-of-eden up in the Tipi Field. It's a relaxed and safe venue with hot sauna, warm showers and a cool vibe. Well, we're crowdfunding and need your help to ensure we're back next summer. So far we've achieved nearly two-thirds of our £6,000 target, so we're optimistic. Please give a small amount and share with like-minded friends who might like to contribute. Thank you!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/lost-horizon

• 4 months later...

We're very nearly there! We've finally reached 97% of our revised target to meet all the expenses of getting back to Worthy Farm in June. 

Lost Horizon is a labour of love, but love alone doesn't pay the bills!

If you've never visited us, we'll be up in the Tipi Field east of The Park. Just turn-up and we'll gladly show you round.

Meanwhile, please give a small donation, but only if you can afford to. Thank you!

• Upvote 2

Just a gentle bump to keep this near the top! We're now only £206 short of our ambitious target, so only another £5 per day until the end of May will ensure we're back in the Tipi Field in June. Every penny we've raised gets spent on essential expenses. The volunteers get nothing, except of course the sheer joy of curating this little piece of paradise!

See if you can help. We'd be immensely grateful!

2 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

Just a gentle bump to keep this near the top! We're now only £206 short of our ambitious target, so only another £5 per day until the end of May will ensure we're back in the Tipi Field in June. Every penny we've raised gets spent on essential expenses. The volunteers get nothing, except of course the sheer joy of curating this little piece of paradise!

Keep bumping, Mark.

Pretty much no-one who loves the festival will mind you doing so.

So glad you guys have made it back. It'll be my first time as a LH patron and I'm really looking forward to it!

:)

Ben

4 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

Never been up to LH, and if I'm 100% honest with the amount going on I probably won't again this year. But stuff like this and what you guys do is part of what I love about the festival. So have a tenner you wonderful naked lunatics :D

Thank you bennyhaha22 and Quark. We're now just £136 short of our target, so be reassured that Lost Horizon will be back.

As you've probably read it's a unique place where everyone is welcome and all ages, sizes and genders feel comfortable.

And where else in the world can you enjoy naked trampolining?!

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Never been up to LH, and if I'm 100% honest with the amount going on I probably won't again this year. But stuff like this and what you guys do is part of what I love about the festival. So have a tenner you wonderful naked lunatics :D

I've done the same. I don't think I'm enlightened enough to enjoy a naked sauna, but it's the kind of thing that should be at the festival. That's another two days of donations in the bag :)

15 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Hi Mark - tried to PM you, but no success.  We have a spare 14ft trampoline that the kids don’t use any more.  Would you like it? I can bring it to Glastonbury if you do; if not then no worries,

Just bring it anyway. It’s offers like this that makes the festival the best

XX

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chazwozza said:

Hi Mark - tried to PM you, but no success.  We have a spare 14ft trampoline that the kids don’t use any more.  Would you like it? I can bring it to Glastonbury if you do; if not then no worries,

Wow! That's so generous. Thank you. Yes, please bring your spare trampoline to Glastonbury. I've only just forked-out £339 for a new one but there might be space in the Lost Horizon garden for a second trampoline. If not we might put it up in a corner of the Tipi Field outside. In the worst case perhaps we could sell it on e-bay to raise funds for other essentials. Whatever, we'll be immensely grateful. Lost Horizon runs on love, plus the kindness of supporters such as yourself. Best way to contact me is by e-mail: markdoranoxford@gmail.com

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

Naked trampolining is now an image I cant get out of my head...

There is usually a naked dude that plays Dolly Parton songs whilst hanging upside down in a tree.

Plus naked yoga,

plus naked choirs,

plus naked hula hooping,

plus naked hammocks,

plus naked cafe,

plus naked DJs,

plus naked bands playing,

plus naked garden fairies,

plus naked poetry,

plus naked massage,

plus a big naked fire pit,

plus naked showers,

plus naked plunge pool.

Oh and the best naked woodfired sauna onsite. 

* It’s actually all clothing optional and no one cares what you wear or look like. 

16 hours ago, ian the worm said:

There is usually a naked dude that plays Dolly Parton songs whilst hanging upside down in a tree.

Plus naked yoga,

plus naked choirs,

plus naked hula hooping,

plus naked hammocks,

plus naked cafe,

plus naked DJs,

plus naked bands playing,

plus naked garden fairies,

plus naked poetry,

plus naked massage,

plus a big naked fire pit,

plus naked showers,

plus naked plunge pool.

Oh and the best naked woodfired sauna onsite. 

* It’s actually all clothing optional and no one cares what you wear or look like. 

Naked showering seems a little weird

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Really glad to see that a modern Glastonbury tradition has been maintained. Protecting certain areas will help retain the spirit of the festival. 

Serious question though, what does everyone do if it rains for five days or we get 2016 conditions? 

The sauna still goes on and everyone dances naked in the rain :)

• Upvote 1

Thank you immensely all of you who've contributed. We're now just £66 short of our very ambitious target. If we do over-run, the extra funds will go towards the inevitable but unforeseen additional expenses. Lost Horizon is a labour of love, but things have to be paid-for.

Meanwhile, tell your friends about us and suggest they visit us up in Tipi Field. We'll be delighted to show them round (and they can remain-fully-clothed!)

• Upvote 3