Lost Horizon crowdfunding: please help!

Mark Doran

I threw in a sixty or so a while back. I'm glad you're back. You guys saved by life last time around when I felt like crap (unknown to me at the time, early stages of chickenpox) and needed a place to chill. I remember sure said something about getting a pass for donating... How will that work?

I threw in a sixty or so a while back. I'm glad you're back. You guys saved by life last time around when I felt like crap (unknown to me at the time, early stages of chickenpox) and needed a place to chill. I remember sure said something about getting a pass for donating... How will that work?

On 4/23/2019 at 4:19 AM, herzzreh said:

I remember sure said something about getting a pass for donating... How will that work?

Yes, you're right herzzreh. All contributions of £30 or over entitle the donor to a free weekend wristband to Lost Horizon at Glastonbury. James will compile a list, once the crowdfunding is complete, of all the names.

So, if £30 seems rather a lot to give, think of all the free hot showers over the course of five days!

14 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

Yes, you're right herzzreh. All contributions of £30 or over entitle the donor to a free weekend wristband to Lost Horizon at Glastonbury. James will compile a list, once the crowdfunding is complete, of all the names.

So, if £30 seems rather a lot to give, think of all the free hot showers over the course of five days!

Oh, I actually gave more than a 30... you guys did me well in 2017.

23 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

Thought the showers were cold. Not that I'm complaining a sauna followed by a cold shower is the best hangover cure ever 

We made it! We've finally smashed-though our ambitious £8,236 target. Thank you to you all for your wonderfully generous contributions. The whole Lost Horizon team are hugely grateful. Love makes the world go round - but it doesn't pay the bills! When James Walford set up the crowdfunder back in October some of us scoffed that he was being ludicrously over-optimistic. He has proved us wrong as the donations gradually poured-in. Now we can be sure we'll meet all our expenses and be back at Worthy Farm in June. Come and visit us up in the Tipi Field. You can be sure of a warm welcome (it is a sauna after all!)

It's immensely humbling to realise just how much our little outfit is appreciated by our loyal band of supporters. It's been a tremendous team effort.Our love to you all!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 17

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

Good news! We've smashed through our ambitious crowdfunding target and have now reached a staggering 104%, so we're definitely confirmed for Glastonbury. Plus today a very positive report on Somerset Live which is worth a read: https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonbury-festival-2019-lost-horizon-2860261

That’s fantastic, Mark!

Any idea how you’re planning to arrange things for those of us who did our donations in lieu of our pass for the festival? 

Ben x

I'm not one of the organisers of that side of things but I guess we'll have a list at reception of all the £30+ donors' names. So it should be enough simply to quote the name you put on the crowdfunder to get the weekend pass. I'll speak to James next time I see him and confirm if that's the case. Of course if you opted to be anonymous this probably won't work!

25 minutes ago, Mark Doran said:

I'm not one of the organisers of that side of things but I guess we'll have a list at reception of all the £30+ donors' names. So it should be enough simply to quote the name you put on the crowdfunder to get the weekend pass. I'll speak to James next time I see him and confirm if that's the case. Of course if you opted to be anonymous this probably won't work!

Thanks, Mark! 

It'll be my first time as a Lost Horizoner and I wanted to make sure I can pick up my pass as early as possible!!

:)

Ben

I've always been tempted by lost horizons. Having nice showers and a relaxing time sounds good. And I'm not bothered by nudity around strangers.  However, I now know a few people working there and unfortunately that changes everything!

1 hour ago, Mark Doran said:

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks, Mark! 

It'll be my first time as a Lost Horizoner and I wanted to make sure I can pick up my pass as early as possible!!

:)

Ben

I've just kept the email I got from Just Giving which confirms the donation.  I'm sure it'll all be sorted on the day, no probs.

2 hours ago, uscore said:

I've always been tempted by lost horizons. Having nice showers and a relaxing time sounds good. And I'm not bothered by nudity around strangers.  However, I now know a few people working there and unfortunately that changes everything!

They'll probably be nude too so any embarrassment will immediately be cancelled out. To be replaced by happy naked hugs and smiles :)