solo campers group / forum

eFestivals

6 minutes ago, inspectedinspector said:

Alright, let's give this a go.... here's some questions to break the ice :)

1) what are you looking forward to about going solo? 

2) where do you plan to be at 10.30pm on friday, Saturday and Sunday of Glastonbury?

3) what one camping tip would you give to others?

1. seeing what I want to see when I want to see it and not being dragged to something I don't like to keep someone happy.....

2. glade, silver hayes, arcadia, shangri la, block 9

3. redundancy, bring spares, even if you leave it in your car

21 hours ago, inspectedinspector said:

Alright, let's give this a go.... here's some questions to break the ice :)

1) what are you looking forward to about going solo? 

2) where do you plan to be for headliner time on friday, Saturday and Sunday of Glastonbury?

3) what one camping tip would you give to others?

feel free to add your own!

I’m solo volunteering this year; second-time solo-volunteering, fourth time volunteering and 19th Glasto.

1) generally just an ambling around - hopefully hooking up with a few friends

2) Fri - volunteer shift; Sat - undecided put possibly involves being in the vicinity of the SE corner; Sun - Pyramid (most likely)

3) think it’s been said already but dry clothes & shoes either in the car or stashed in a bag at the Ped Gate A Lock-Up (could even pop in snack & drink) - your tired potentially soggy self with thank you (speaking from experience) oh and use the lock ups/festival info desks!!   

Edited by Sara_out_west

Alright there everyone,

excited beyond belief about the experience before us. Just checking what the craic is with solo campers - got a crew but would love to branch out and meet new souls - is there an organised meet or group for the craic...

love x

kevin

On 6/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, loggin said:

1. seeing what I want to see when I want to see it and not being dragged to something I don't like to keep someone happy.....

Amen! 

16 hours ago, Sara_out_west said:

I’m solo volunteering this year; second-time solo-volunteering, fourth time volunteering and 19th Glasto.

3) think it’s been said already but dry clothes & shoes either in the car or stashed in a bag at the Ped Gate A Lock-Up (could even pop in snack & drink) - your tired potentially soggy self with thank you (speaking from experience) oh and use the lock ups/festival info desks!!   

Wow, 19th! Veteran status that! I've never thought about keeping some clothes in there, just in case my tent floods, good idea. Thanks

Hi All, 

This is my first glasto and I’ll be travelling alone.  I’m staying in Worthy View so I’m good for camping but it would be good to meet up with people at some point.

There’s also a Facebook group if anyone hasn’t already seen...

**removed**

Can’t wait!

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

again, that's a big group of existing mates. Which is fine is that's what you want, but it's not really a group of solo-ers.

Thanks for the heads up, I only joined a few days ago and there seems to be a few solo-ers but I guess they’ll just tag on to the existing group.

As there’s multiple groups/forums/pages etc, it’s difficult to see the best way for solo-ers to meet.  Is there actually a WhatsApp group you’d suggest? If not then I’d be happy to create one, post the link/qr code and people can just join as they please.  I just don’t want to be duplicating efforts of others.

Karl

24 minutes ago, Karl T said:

As there’s multiple groups/forums/pages etc, it’s difficult to see the best way for solo-ers to meet.  Is there actually a WhatsApp group you’d suggest? If not then I’d be happy to create one, post the link/qr code and people can just join as they please.  I just don’t want to be duplicating efforts of others.

everyone here is able to use here. Not everyone here is able to use whatsapp. You can create a private group here.

Go to the menu, and find 'clubs' in the forums section. Click on 'start a club'.
(I think it'll require me to authorise it before it's properly live).

Hi All

This will be my 4th Glastonbury, but 1st time on my own ? 

Im travelling across from Jersey, overnight on the Tuesday, so arriving there some point on the Wednesday, can possibly offer a lift if on the way.

Have applied for the solo group too, though not sure if it’s active, or if there’s a WhatsApp group, or Facebook group?

Ice Breakers

1) Being free to go with the flow, and getting immersed in the experience

2) No idea, from previous experience, plans go out the window, will be wherever I’m wandering at the time, which is all part of the spirit at Glasto ?

3) Camping on Pennard Hill, besides camping on a hill being camping rules 101, with regards to rain etc, I remember it being very handy to nip back if need to get changed or simply just to grab something, particularly after midnight when traipsing along the main track from main stage area to the late night areas ?

If anyone wants to setup camp, any info about the groups, or simply grab a beer ? feel free to pm me.

All the best 

Paul

now back to shopping for a tent... ?️

On 3/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, Robynmary said:

I find myself going solo this year I plan to drive from Leeds if anyone is interested in joining? I would appreciate a meet up with other solo gasto goers if anyone wants to message feel free :)

HI there, im going to be going solo this year, im also from leeds, if youre interested in a lift share id be happy to split the costs of fuel etc.

Si.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:25 PM, loggin said:

well there's a couple of us connected via whatsapp now, if anyone wants in let me know and I'll send you the invite link

Hi there, after a recent split with my gf im finding myself a solo glasto goer. It is maybe my 14th glasto but ive always been with a group, im very interested in meeting up with others, have you started the whatsapp group? 

Hi, 

My mate can no longer go because of work commitments. My ticket was my 30th birthday gift from my parents. I’m staying at the worthy farm camping site. Hoping to make some festival friends as I am absolutely terrified of going solo. Travelling from London. 

Best, 

Lauren

12 hours ago, Lauren30 said:

Hi, 

My mate can no longer go because of work commitments. My ticket was my 30th birthday gift from my parents. I’m staying at the worthy farm camping site. Hoping to make some festival friends as I am absolutely terrified of going solo. Travelling from London. 

Best, 

Lauren

My partner has just turned 30 and this is her first Glastonbury. We're aiming to stay in Kidney Mead I think. I can put you in touch with her if you want an emergency contact while you're on site.

What I actually came here to say though... I suspect at some point I'm going to be a solo flyer too, depending on whether or not the missus can keep up :) so I'm on hand if anyone just wants to meet new people... also I like board games, so I always have a couple of card games in my bag, if anyone enjoys a relaxed card game in the sun with a pint (fingers crossed)

Hi guys,

Have seen lots of mentions on here of a solo campers WhatsApp group. If anyone sees this and can PM me the details that'd be amazing! Unexpectedly going solo this year and feeling pretty nervous about it - would love to connect with anyone else in the same boat.

Thanks!

Allie

7 hours ago, AllieT said:

Hi guys,

Have seen lots of mentions on here of a solo campers WhatsApp group. If anyone sees this and can PM me the details that'd be amazing! Unexpectedly going solo this year and feeling pretty nervous about it - would love to connect with anyone else in the same boat.

Thanks!

Allie

Me three! I tried to set one up myself in the solo campers group on here, but nobody ever got back to me - wah!

Edited by Tea_and_Biology

Hi all! I'm going solo for the first time this year, and would love to meet up/camp with some fellow solo campers! I've emailed Solo Glasto and not heard anything back yet. Been to Glastonbury before but never on my own, so it would be nice to camp with someone!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2018 at 1:12 AM, SighMo said:

Think I'll be kind of solo. I got tickets for myself, my son and his girlfriend and another couple who are their freinds. They'll all be about 20 and I'll be 53....you get the picture? Had great fun with this group at IOW but think they'll be losing me at Glasto, except when they fancy a cold beer from the bar 😉

me too... I split with my boyfriend since getting my tickets and all my friends were unable to get tickets - so I will be going solo - which is a bit daunting and not ideal...