solo campers group / forum

eFestivals

8 hours ago, Aragorn said:

Where do us new solos wish to camp? 

Might be worth getting a list of solo travelers together first. When we did our group years ago Neil gave us an area to sort out all the details. We obviously only did it the one year as we were then pals and continued to camp together the next year so weren't 'solo' anymore. 

Best decision I ever made though as made a lot of good friends who I see outside the festival and always lovely to catch up on the farm. 

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Might be worth getting a list of solo travelers together first. When we did our group years ago Neil gave us an area to sort out all the details. We obviously only did it the one year as we were then pals and continued to camp together the next year so weren't 'solo' anymore. 

Best decision I ever made though as made a lot of good friends who I see outside the festival and always lovely to catch up on the farm. 

is anyone actually adminning the group, I've requested but not been added yet, we could break away and set up a whatsapp group

12 minutes ago, loggin said:

is anyone actually adminning the group, I've requested but not been added yet, we could break away and set up a whatsapp group

I'm not looking to join was just giving my thoughts and help on a new group. Neil @eFestivals is normally more active during the day. So I'm not sure on the new set up as the whole forum has been updated since we used the private area back in 2014. I would be inclined to get a list of people interested to join here and then chat to Neil about the other area. We just used it previously to exchange details like numbers and locations etc to arrange lifts and meeting up. Hope that helps. ?

23 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I'm not looking to join was just giving my thoughts and help on a new group. Neil @eFestivals is normally more active during the day. So I'm not sure on the new set up as the whole forum has been updated since we used the private area back in 2014. I would be inclined to get a list of people interested to join here and then chat to Neil about the other area. We just used it previously to exchange details like numbers and locations etc to arrange lifts and meeting up. Hope that helps. ?

someone created a group back in november but either they've lost interest or are not going now themselves, I've requested membership but not been added yet, seen others saying the same.

If anyone's interested pm your number and I'll start a whatsapp chat group, I can then get a link to it and post it in here then anyone can join, let's get some banter going and figure things out

Edited by loggin

25 minutes ago, loggin said:

someone created a group back in november but either they've lost interest or are not going now themselves, I've requested membership but not been added yet, seen others saying the same.

If anyone's interested pm your number and I'll start a whatsapp chat group, I can then get a link to it and post it in here then anyone can join, let's get some banter going and figure things out

Ah got ya. Neil has an area here that is private so any newbies here looking for a solo group can be added on here. That's how we did it a few years ago. WhatsApp groups take away the traffic and means sharing your number with strangers essentially. The beauty of the group area on here is that you can get to know each other and then share numbers with people you click with and maybe share a lift or whatever else works. I suggest you speak to Neil @eFestivals and he can explain better about the other area to exchange details. Makes it easier to chat about gigs on the forum and keep up to date with latest news but also you can add other people who are looking to find a newbie group. If you're on a WhatsApp group you may miss latecomers to the party. 

WhatsApp is brilliant for closer to the farm and coordinating where to meet etc. Hope that makes sense. We did the same way a few years ago and worked a treat. ?

Maybe make yourself admin, you seem like an organised person so it takes someone to take the bull by the horns and get it happening. Lots of people asking about solo groups so make it happen. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Ah got ya. Neil has an area here that is private so any newbies here looking for a solo group can be added on here. That's how we did it a few years ago. WhatsApp groups take away the traffic and means sharing your number with strangers essentially. The beauty of the group area on here is that you can get to know each other and then share numbers with people you click with and maybe share a lift or whatever else works. I suggest you speak to Neil @eFestivals and he can explain better about the other area to exchange details. Makes it easier to chat about gigs on the forum and keep up to date with latest news but also you can add other people who are looking to find a newbie group. If you're on a WhatsApp group you may miss latecomers to the party. 

WhatsApp is brilliant for closer to the farm and coordinating where to meet etc. Hope that makes sense. We did the same way a few years ago and worked a treat. ?

Maybe make yourself admin, you seem like an organised person so it takes someone to take the bull by the horns and get it happening. Lots of people asking about solo groups so make it happen. 

yeah I admin a few festy groups via facebook so know how it all works, just looking to connect with glasto peeps now but time's running out

1 minute ago, loggin said:

yeah I admin a few festy groups via facebook so know how it all works, just looking to connect with glasto peeps now but time's running out

I hear ya. Lots of people asking on here but no one has got it together to start a new group. Chat to Neil (he's super helpful) tomorrow and he'll give you the lowdown about the group area then set up a thread asking who wants in. Unfortunately people tend to bypass stickies. Put a thread in the questions area as well so as not to miss anyone when you get the info. 

As I said it's how we did it and ended up with a group of about 30 ish people camping together. We camp together every year since. Some people we never saw again and some people brought friends and family but core group still there. I'm doing CV east this year so first time not camping with the group but we'll still all catch up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 8:25 PM, loggin said:

well there's a couple of us connected via whatsapp now, if anyone wants in let me know and I'll send you the invite link

Hi I'm so pleased I found you all! I'm volunteering this year, second time Glasto and first time on my own so bricking it a bit and keen to meet up with other soloers. Yes pease send me the invite link, I can't believe I hadn't thought to look on here before now and here everybody is feeling the same . Sounds like solo is the way to go go... ? 

I'm volunteering for the second time with Oxfam at Glasto this year, but unfortunately my regular festival pal got a job in a school and can't make it, so I'll be going solo. I'm quite happy by myself, but it'd be nice to have people to meet up with for a few drinks, or for certain bands! Is there an invite link to this WhatsApp group? :)

Hey! I’m going solo this year but volunteering. 

Ive never been before so feel very out of my depth. 

Im from Bristol. 

Anyone willing to chat / meet before or during / just give me some tips to keep my head above water...

thanks!!! 

Xx

Bit late to this but similar to some op's on here I'm also going solo ish this time (other family/friends going but  younger) so imagining we will prob want to be in different places most of the time! im actually fine bimbling about solo but would be good to meet/camp with some lovely people in same boat as long as i'm not the only one who remembers the 80's :) , could you let me know where camp will be any ideas?

On 11/25/2018 at 5:16 PM, LaraGlasto2019 said:

Hey everyone! 

Planned to go to glasto with my now ex. My friend whom was also meant to be going as well is now pregnant so it would appear I'm going on my own! Been once before (2016) and absolutely loved it. Don't want to get ticket refunded as I know it'll be fab but would love to meet some like minded peeps so I'm not a total loner the whole time.

We paid for a tent already with access to private toilets, showers etc and car parking space. £600 if any girls want to share? I know it's a lot but I'm 32 and too old for no showering! 

I live in Herts, work in London and totally up for a pre glasto meet  music, food and massages are what I'm looking forward to most at the next glasto. 

Anyway, would love to get to know some of you! 

On 1/4/2019 at 1:03 PM, LaraGlasto2019 said:

Any females wanting to share a pre pitched tent (air bed provided) at Pillow Campsite, formerly The Pop Up Motel? Can arrive from eve of Tues 25th and will be £187.50 for the entire time. 

Shower, toilet and power facilities available. 15mins walk from festival site... 

Get in touch! 

Still not sure where to find where/when all solo campers are meeting up etc? Is there a WhatsApp group? Thanks! 

Hi - I’m going to Glasto in my own, all of usual festival friends didn’t get tickets and now I’m worried about being on my own! I won’t be arriving until Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday late afternoon. Do you still have this available? I’m 38 and never been but don’t want to miss it! 

Let me know! Xx

Edited by Laura Summ

On 1/4/2019 at 1:03 PM, LaraGlasto2019 said:

Any females wanting to share a pre pitched tent (air bed provided) at Pillow Campsite, formerly The Pop Up Motel? Can arrive from eve of Tues 25th and will be £187.50 for the entire time. 

Shower, toilet and power facilities available. 15mins walk from festival site... 

Get in touch! 

Still not sure where to find where/when all solo campers are meeting up etc? Is there a WhatsApp group? Thanks! 

Hi - do you still have this free? I’m last minute on my own. I won’t be arriving until Friday and leaving Sunday late afternoon. 

I’m flying from Newcastle so having a bed ready would be ideal! 

Thanks! 

Hi - is this still available? 

Last minute on my own but still want to go, i’m flying from Newcastle so won’t be able to lug a lot of stuff with me, so this would be ideal. 

I’m 38 and done loads of festivals but never on my own and never Glasto. I’ll be arriving Friday late avo and leaving Sunday early evening. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

thanks! 

On 5/28/2019 at 5:38 PM, Pat test Tracey said:

Hi I'm so pleased I found you all! I'm volunteering this year, second time Glasto and first time on my own so bricking it a bit and keen to meet up with other soloers. Yes pease send me the invite link, I can't believe I hadn't thought to look on here before now and here everybody is feeling the same . Sounds like solo is the way to go go... ? 

Hi - I’m going solo, and bricking it! I’ll only be there Friday & Saturday night and flying from Newcastle so need some friendly faces to meet up with. Any help would be great!