solo campers group / forum

eFestivals

If you look at the top of the page you should see 'clubs' just underneath the tabs which then allows you access to the solo campers group. I am not yet a member as am still waiting for the resale so don't know if anything has been discussed yet although it will become much livelier and clearer nearer the time.

If by solo campers area you were asking where everyone will be camping i dont know (see above) but in previous incarnations the camp has normally been made in one of the outer fields near the coach drop off such as Darble or Pylon as they are normally less busy than the inner fields and easier for us all to find

Edited by tjamest

At the wonderful age of 52, this is my third Glastonbury on the trot, except this time I’m going solo so far as my wife has decided not to go and my mates so far are relying on resale.

kind of going to miss sharing the experience with the wife (and buddies if they don’t get lucky) but looking forward to the solo adventure....

I’m however slumming it in the CV field ?

On 4/15/2019 at 2:59 AM, admscott said:

Is this different/separate to the infamous Camp Solo? Have heard no mention of it this year...

Is Camp Solo infamous? I thought it was still working out quite well?

Having said that, I tend to agree with Neil that having a single group for solo campers who have never met before can't really be sustained forever, since in year two anyone who returns will have been to Glastonbury together, putting any newcomers at a disadvantage that only increases every year.

Indeed.  Camp solo is still welcoming of new people, but essentially so many people are now firm friends who've attended multiple festivals together it doesn't really serve that purpose for the obvious reasons.  Great group of people though, I've camped with them the last 3 festivals (and will be back with them this year) and it works out great.  In 2017 we went up the stone circle for the fireworks (after catching @adamscott at Mandala stage) and I swear we took up a significant chunk of that field.

Solo are based in Darble, just below the lockup tent/cafe by the coach station gate.  Feel free to come find us and say hello, hard to miss, just look for the biggest shared space full of chairs and happy people chatting and having a laugh together, there's pretty much always someone there chilling.

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Having said that, I tend to agree with Neil that having a single group for solo campers who have never met before can't really be sustained forever, since in year two anyone who returns will have been to Glastonbury together, putting any newcomers at a disadvantage that only increases every year.

If I didn't do it how i do it Camp Solo wouldn't exist. If I didn't do it how i do it Camp Triangle wouldn't exist. Etc, etc, etc. :) 

On 4/23/2019 at 11:36 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, it's definitely working. Maybe I sing know what infamous means?

6th Glasto, 2nd solo.  2017 I went solo and it was the best thing ever - do what you want when you want - only down side was the camping - would have been nice to around a few other solo’ers ! 

Looking forward to finding out where solo people are camping this year to try and get amongst it

On 4/23/2019 at 11:36 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Newcomers may feel disadvantaged at not knowing anyone but some people prefer to join a group where people know each other already as it feels safer.

Everyone has freedom to choose the best option for themselves.

I echo what @Spindles said. Also most people don't know everyone, the group is too big for that!

We respect Neil's opinion and agree that new solo groups should be encouraged to form.  

I am going solo - went solo in 2016 also and camped in Oxlyers with a group of other solos who have a group set up on fbook.  Anyone wanting any advice give me a shout - it's a bloody amazing liberating experience - I went with friends in 2017 and although it was amazing I preferred going on my own.

first time at glasto solo although been before and been a while since I've actually camped inside the fence (seasoned camper with all the gear, so gonna find it hard going back to festival basics) and looking to find others to pitch up with

Hey... doing my 1st Glastonbury after years of promising myself I’d get there one day. 53 yrs young... Kinda going solo,  I’m the guy going with lots of couples.  I’m like a kid looking forward to it ...like a kid waiting for Christmas.  Any solo’s that can throw advice and that in this direction it would be appreciated.  

Cheers guys Ade 

Hi everyone 

I am planning on going solo to Glastonbury this year. I was meant to go with my now ex boyfriend and his friends. So looking for a place to camp and hopefully make new friends.

Anyone have suggestions/ know if solo camping groups they can point me to?

Thanks ?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Cher said:

Anyone have suggestions/ know if solo camping groups they can point me to?

there is new one forming right here.

And if there's not, there's dishonest people posting here who probably won't be the nicest to camp with.

Edited by eFestivals

On 5/3/2019 at 6:55 AM, eFestivals said:

there is new one forming right here.

And if there's not, there's dishonest people posting here who probably won't be the nicest to camp with.

It's like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy but with far higher stakes.