solo campers group / forum

eFestivals

Think I'll be kind of solo. I got tickets for myself, my son and his girlfriend and another couple who are their freinds. They'll all be about 20 and I'll be 53....you get the picture? Had great fun with this group at IOW but think they'll be losing me at Glasto, except when they fancy a cold beer from the bar ;-)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SighMo said:

Think I'll be kind of solo. I got tickets for myself, my son and his girlfriend and another couple who are their freinds. They'll all be about 20 and I'll be 53....you get the picture? Had great fun with this group at IOW but think they'll be losing me at Glasto, except when they fancy a cold beer from the bar ;-)

The joys of the bank of dad?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 11:32 AM, Asherella said:

I am on board !! Solo from Dublin travelling over Tuesday...physically 46 and light years less mentally !

Never been before but its been on my bucketlist for as long as I can remember.... I was the only one to get a golden ticket 

Good for you! I am travelling from Dublin as well but with Sail & Rail. I find it easier when lugging a fair bit of camping gear,

You will have a wonderful time.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 12:12 PM, SighMo said:

Think I'll be kind of solo. I got tickets for myself, my son and his girlfriend and another couple who are their freinds. They'll all be about 20 and I'll be 53....you get the picture? Had great fun with this group at IOW but think they'll be losing me at Glasto, except when they fancy a cold beer from the bar ?

Snap!

My daughter, her friend and my son coming with me. I expect them to make themselves scarce, except when they need me to do my impression of the human ATM.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was one of the lucky ones who got a coach and ticket package for Glastonbury 2020 ?but friends who tried for normal tickets were not as lucky ?

As a result I will be going down on my own this year, is there any groups I could jump in and hopefully meet up with some people who are maybe in the same situation. 

I no doubt think Glastonbury solo will be great but think having a pint with people every now and again would be great to have 

On 1/1/2019 at 4:25 PM, Pitmanwise said:

Yep I’ll be arriving Thursday by coach on my own.  Not my first Glasto but first time on my own.  Would be nice to meet others going on there own

Where you travelling from? I also got Thursday coach and ticket on my own. I'm travelling from York.

4 minutes ago, Robynmary said:

I find myself going solo this year I plan to drive from Leeds if anyone is interested in joining? I would appreciate a meet up with other solo gasto goers if anyone wants to message feel free :)

Hi! I'm from Leeds also, but not solo. You're on the right page for mates, but there will also be a thread nearer the time for giving / asking for lifts which may hook you up with people too, and split costs.

Third time visitor, first time solo, 35 and of the female persuasion. It'll be lovely to meet some cool folks to hang with. I'll be hopping on the very first coach from Victoria on Wednesday, and would be happy to pitch in with any fancy tent-sharing, if anyone's still looking. :)