Thursday Night

Magic Rat

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Try s different picture? I'm out. Sorry but my knowledge is at its limit now. Hopefully someone else can assist you. @stuartbert two hats

Have genuinely tried multiple pics. Gone onto my profile, clicked the little media image to change "profile picture".

Nah. Not allowed. Banned for history of crimes against technology.

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Have genuinely tried multiple pics. Gone onto my profile, clicked the little media image to change "profile picture".

Is the problem that the picture file size is too big? If so, you can email it to yourself and resize it (when you press send it should ask you what size you want to send it).

Sod it I'll do it on laptop tomorrow. Too drunk for this shit.

Sorry for hijacking the Thursday Night thread!

Thursday's are ace. Like Wednesday, some of the best ever nights to be had at GF! 

(Can barely remember Thurs, but I tell you what they've been good).

Explore, like fuck.

4 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

From what you've said you're doing the right thing but the picture you're selecting is too "pixel happy" try finding a picture with a lower resolution...

27 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

From what you've said you're doing the right thing but the picture you're selecting is too "pixel happy" try finding a picture with a lower resolution...

For example...surely its low enough resolution. Its cowin' black and white!

Screenshot_20181116-220305_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Stokesy10

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I got to the edge of that tent and the heat coming out was ridiculous ... we just stopped there and listened from outside but it was total madness .. I struggle with heat from some of the indoor venues and wasn't going to venture inside 

We didn't last long, prob about ten mins and we were all sort of looking at each other until.someone piped up with a 'should we fuck off?', getting outside was a very relieved feeling. Was an awesome night from there. 

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This might help? http://www.picresize.com/

you're a gent. I'll sort it tomorrow.

The Stokes technology curse continues. I could write a book.

I once pressed a singular button on a remote at Uni, the t.v. automatically went to a 5 second child lock/blocker and turned to Swedish. No shit. So whenever I turned it on I had 5 seconds to find the 'language' feature to turn it back to English and unlock it.

Since then, whenever I fuck up with technology, my mates call it typical Stokes "Sparrad" (being the Swedish word for - you've blocked the shit out of this TV, which kept coming up on the screen).

Tip of the iceberg.

Edited by Stokesy10

4 hours ago, chatty said:

We ended up hitting the Bread and Roses and watched a band called Smooth Sailors who were class, just playing a load of covers from all sorts of bands in some sort of funk/disco/dance cross over. Was class. 

In contrast we watched a folk/rock band called the leylines at the bread and roses. Really good,  in fact saw them again later on in the festival, hope they are returning next year. Another bar that we like frequenting. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

In contrast we watched a folk/rock band called the leylines at the bread and roses. Really good,  in fact saw them again later on in the festival, hope they are returning next year. Another bar that we like frequenting. 

Leylines are class like! They're on at Incider in Feb.

Wed and Thurs are honestly my favourite days. I love all the 'festival' bands as I call them, Mr B, Prof Elemental, Beans, Mik Artistik, Gaz Brookfield etc. The SE corner is always alot quieter at night too... NYC Downlow is proper good. Am buzzing for next years shenanigans already.

• Upvote 1

Wednesday is ace, best day of the festival, Thursday is fucking heaving though. There's no acts to draw a huge percentage of the crowd to the Pyramid/Other stages so that drag all the way from Williams Green up to the Railway track is absolutely rammed. When you get towards the Greenpeace bit etc it's proper mental. Also, without a bit of nous, all the bars are rammed and it can be pretty difficult to get a drink. I love the Thursday, but it needs a bit of thought to escape from the crowds.

On 11/16/2018 at 9:19 PM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

although Thursday is my bar crawl day,  a couple of hours in Avalon Cafe sets you up. took this pic in 2017.

IMG_1638.JPG

What happened to the third Daft Monkey on Friday?

Edited by Woffy

55 minutes ago, Woffy said:

What happened to the third Daft Monkey on Friday?

It's an Agatha Christie style mystery. Every day, one of the daft monkeys gets bumped off in a variety of Glastonbury related mishaps. The race is one to find the solution before the end of the weekend.

20 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The band improves during the weekend, to a highlight of No Daft Monkeys by Sunday. 

Just now, Mardy said:

It's an Agatha Christie style mystery. Every day, one of the daft monkeys gets bumped off in a variety of Glastonbury related mishaps. The race is one to find the solution before the end of the weekend.

I’m choosing to believe it’s an allegorical Marxist performance piece showing the withering away of a ruling Government of the People towards a state of pure communism. With primate murders. 

Incredible stuff. 

On 11/16/2018 at 7:26 PM, Magic Rat said:

First Glastonbury next year for both our 50th birthdays.

What's the general story on Thursday night? Any live music? Best spots to hit?

Any recommendations? Ta

For a first time, I reckon your best option is to get lost, really. Figure your way around the site, see what little nooks and crannies you stumble across, take in the different atmospheres of different areas. Unless it’s a mud bath, then just get pissed.

• Like 1