Thursday Night

Magic Rat

Lol @Mr.Tease Yes I always do my tax returns on the Thursday. :D (wouldn't know a tax return if it smacked me in the face)

Apparently Baggy Mondays is a big thing but in the past we've gone to see Mr B in the Croissant Neuf Tent. There will be all sorts of stuff going on. I would have recommended booking @Sawdusty Surfers table but apparently he's sold it now. But he may be able to guide you in a celebratory space. x

• Upvote 1

Baggy Mondays is definitely a shout. It's up at the Stonebridge Bar in the Park, DJ set playing lots of indie and britpop tunes, so Stone Roses, James, Pulp, Smiths, Oasis etc. It's a lovely atmosphere, lots of people singing along, very cheesy but great fun.

I'll have a proper think about the rest, but there will generally be stuff kicking off on the smaller stages like Glade, Williams Green, the Green Fields etc. The SE corner venues are open if dance and electronica is your thing. All the bars will be full of life because the main stages aren't open.

Personally unless I've spotted something when they release the full line up that I want to see, Thursday night is great for wandering from bar to bar and just seeing what's around

• Like 1

You might have already looked at this, but just to give you an idea scroll down past the main stages and you'll start seeing how much is happening on the Wed and Thu on the smaller stages. Names generally mean little unless you already know the acts, but it'll give you an idea of the value of a wander!

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017/

And enjoy!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Apparently Baggy Mondays is a big thing but in the past we've gone to see Mr B in the Croissant Neuf Tent. 

Yes I’ve been there for this! I’d forgotten all about doing that, so much fun, love Mr B.

I swear I’ve forgotten more fun stuff I’ve done at Glasto than I remember ?.

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

There will be all sorts of stuff going on. I would have recommended booking @Sawdusty Surfers table but apparently he's sold it now. But he may be able to guide you in a celebratory space. x

Yep, it's gone.

All is not lost though. Hopefully going to whittle another version in time for the festival. Didn't think that I'd do it in time due to self inflicted injuries but am now more confident that it will be ready.  Also got another project in mind to be made from my fattest ever stick but that's more sculptural rather than practical. 

@Magic Rat,  table can be booked in advance (no charge obviously) or you can just turn up and take your chances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Yes I’ve been there for this! I’d forgotten all about doing that, so much fun, love Mr B.

I swear I’ve forgotten more fun stuff I’ve done at Glasto than I remember ?.

Himself and the gorgeous & funny Lounge Kittens weren't there last time. I have messaged the Lounge babes asking if they will be there next year but got a rather vague not sure answer. I just love both. Pic taken while having a major whitey on the first night of my first glastonbury. 

Mr b.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Himself and the gorgeous & funny Lounge Kittens weren't there last time. I have messaged the Lounge babes asking if they will be there next year but got a rather vague not sure answer. I just love both. Pic taken while having a major whitey on the first night of my first glastonbury. 

Mr b.jpg

Oh my GRRRRRR I’m out of upvotes again. I swear I must use them all up in the first hour of the day. BUT LOVE this pic!!! Tell me you posted it and tagged Mr B somewhere so he could see it!?

Hmmmm that’s a fancy dress idea that I could totally get on board with. Hope he is there next year. 

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Oh my GRRRRRR I’m out of upvotes again. I swear I must use them all up in the first hour of the day. BUT LOVE this pic!!! Tell me you posted it and tagged Mr B somewhere so he could see it!?

Hmmmm that’s a fancy dress idea that I could totally get on board with. Hope he is there next year. 

Oh we tried getting a selfie with him. I was really w*nkered. Ye know thrashed Thursday. He was unimpressed by my gobbledeegook. 

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Photo taken with @Keithy we were proper dressed up. Keithy can save his fucking stories about how mashed I was for the other thread. It was my first Glasto and I stupidly booked a Thursday coach ticket. Got all excited and smashed within hours. We've all done it right? 

mr b 1.jpg

Just now, H.M.V said:

Photo taken with @Keithy we were proper dressed up. Keithy can save his fucking stories about how mashed I was for the other thread. It was my first Glasto and I stupidly booked a Thursday coach ticket. Got all excited and smashed within hours. We've all done it right? 

mr b 1.jpg

Oh love it. I really want to see him dressed as him now. It’s the only way. What year would this have been?

Thursday night is always the best for me, we cant get there for Wednesday so always arrive Thursday

Once we have pitched  then Thursday is the most chilled and exciting experience ever, no pressure to rush from one stage to another, just enjoy exploring the site. A few bands as well in Williams Green and a few of the smaller tents. It gives you a great chance to bimble round the site and take your time, no need to rush around at all.  And the feeling of smugness/happiness knowing you have made it to G cant be underestimated. Its the most chilled/friendliest day of the festival for me, everyone is just so happy to be there, not that the other days aren't friendly mind

Great day for a bar crawl as well

Just a really nice vibe, before the chaos of the next few days. The lull before the storm. Wonderful