Doctor Music

jotayks

I feel sincerely sorry to all of you that bought tickets to this. 

Best scenario for all now is:

- the empty slots at Nos will be filled with some of these names and you people will come to Nos. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Absolutely gutted. Booked flights from Prague on the Sunday morning especially for the Strokes. 

If anybody has any suggestions for alternatives then please send them my way. Refusing to let the incompetence of Dr Music Festival ruin my trip.

I hope you'll find what you are looking for! NOS Alive/ Mad Cool/ Bilbao BBK are happening the same weekend, with BBK having The Strokes so I would recommend that :)

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm. Blaming the authorities for the festival picking a flood plain as the location. ;) 

Some dreams are greater than abilities and even the ability to recognise it.

Worst part is, there was exactly the same issue in 1996, back when their first edition was set.

But guess what, we're not in 1996 anymore and authorities have now safety concerns. And even if the original venue had been ruled out as safe, the festival would have been finally cancelled anyway as there was absolutely no chance that they would end up selling over 60 thousand tickets for a festival set in a difficult access area with absolutely no infrastructures while charging a huge price compared to other national festivals (Mad Cool, BBK, Primavera Sound) for a kinda average lineup.

Also no apologies or whatsoever within the statement for the ones that spent money on hotel nights/trip to the original location, and did the same thing for the allegedly final location. Feeling awful for them.

1 hour ago, Noeliam said:

I hope you'll find what you are looking for! NOS Alive/ Mad Cool/ Bilbao BBK are happening the same weekend, with BBK having The Strokes so I would recommend that :)

Unfortunately i'm pre occupied on the Friday and Saturday as i'm in Prague. I think the best option is to just go out in Barcelona for the night and make the most of it. We're travelling down to Benicassim (FIB) on the Tuesday anyway, so not the end of the world! 

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

And this is the last nail on Doc Music's coffin, may it rest in peace.

Too many festivals in june-july in Spain anyway, it would have suffered competition too much, imho

You'd think if anyone was to set up a festival in Spain then a weekend in say, early September would be perfect. Still good weather, back end of the festival season so still plenty of bands around and not much competition. 

Hello all. Long time lurker of the EFests and have kept a watchful eye on this thread whenever there's been a post on it. I am one of the very few that had booked a two day ticket (Empire of the Sun and Strokes day) and came online to find it's now been cancelled... gutted but in all honesty, not surprised.

Whilst I'll get my money back I'd spent on my ticket (presumably the cost of ticket, camping and booking fee?), does anybody know where I stand with flights/accommodation. As it stands I've got return flights booked from Barcelona and I fully expect the festival to turn around and say that flights/accommodation are nothing to do with them but does anybody have any experience of this happening to them in the past? 

Having been to FIB and BBK before this whole episode if anything reminds to stick to the bigger festivals and not take a punt on ones such as this in the future - looking like a long weekend in Barcelona as it stands! Glass half full, glass half full...

7 minutes ago, ModFFM said:

Hello all. Long time lurker of the EFests and have kept a watchful eye on this thread whenever there's been a post on it. I am one of the very few that had booked a two day ticket (Empire of the Sun and Strokes day) and came online to find it's now been cancelled... gutted but in all honesty, not surprised.

Whilst I'll get my money back I'd spent on my ticket (presumably the cost of ticket, camping and booking fee?), does anybody know where I stand with flights/accommodation. As it stands I've got return flights booked from Barcelona and I fully expect the festival to turn around and say that flights/accommodation are nothing to do with them but does anybody have any experience of this happening to them in the past? 

Having been to FIB and BBK before this whole episode if anything reminds to stick to the bigger festivals and not take a punt on ones such as this in the future - looking like a long weekend in Barcelona as it stands! Glass half full, glass half full...

You've got 0.00% chance of getting them to refund your flights and hotel.

I feel sorry for your situation but as you say at least Barcelona is an absolutely fantastic city.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You've got 0.00% chance of getting them to refund your flights and hotel.

I feel sorry for your situation but as you say at least Barcelona is an absolutely fantastic city.

Yeah I pretty much knew this would be the case as has happened to friends only recently when Childish Gambino cancelled his London date. Was more intrigued to see whether or not anybody had experienced anything similar when it comes to a festival :) 

Just now, ModFFM said:

Yeah I pretty much knew this would be the case as has happened to friends only recently when Childish Gambino cancelled his London date. Was more intrigued to see whether or not anybody had experienced anything similar when it comes to a festival :) 

One interesting thing that happened when Jabberwocky cancelled its lineup is that the artists, who were already booked to be there after all, set up gigs in the city e.g. Kurt Vile and Nils Frahm played together at one venue.

Maybe will happen in Barcelona for a couple of the acts?

King Crimson:

As many fans will have heard, the Doctor Music Festival in Spain has been cancelled. It was forced to move from it's original location to Barcelona, but this has apparently not worked out. We do not yet have concrete news, but having been informed a few days ago, we are working with our agent to hopefully find an available theatre so that King Crimson can still share its 50th anniversary Celebration with some concerts in Spain. We will post news as soon as we have it.

King Crimson will come to Barcelona! We are really pleased to announced two nights at the Teatre Coliseum in Barcelona on the 12th and 13th July.

We know many fans had already made their travel plans for Barcelona to attend the now cancelled Dr Music Festival - as, of course, had the band - so it is wonderful that everyone has worked so speedily and successfully to ensure that we can still bring the 2019 Celebration Tour to Spain.  The festival opportunity may be lost - but we will now get to the opportunity to play and hear two nights of a full setlist, and, as a bonus, DGM is also now able to offer Celebration Package tickets.

We are in negotiation to see if a third night is possible to match all three original festival dates, but this will depend on the speed of the uptake on the first two shows. No pressure! We will make an announcement as soon as general tickets go on sale.

As ever, we look forward to seeing you there.