Doctor Music

jotayks

Cant help but feel sorry for all those who had committed to this festival under the pretense that it was being held in its original location. Hope everyone affected is entitled to claim any losses back.

For me however, its fucking great.

In the original location it was a logistical nightmare to make the Sunday night to catch the Strokes due to being in Prague over the weekend, but now its changed i am able to fly straight into Barcelona and get to the festival before 4pm. And, to make this news even sweeter, they've gone and added the Smashing Pumpkins to the Sunday. All for 60 euros. And i don't even have to pay for accommodation on the Sunday night as i can get the first train at 7am to Benicassim. 

• Upvote 1

Glad I’m getting my money back, I thought they would have something a bit more special. Considering the festival promoter keeps banging on about how he has managed tours for some amazing artists. You never know though, there may be a few surprises over the next month or 2.

Just now, Ruby Zola said:

Glad I’m getting my money back, I thought they would have something a bit more special. Considering the festival promoter keeps banging on about how he has managed tours for some amazing artists. You never know though, there may be a few surprises over the next month or 2.

I think that this sunday is one of the best days in all Eupean summer festival circuit 

This line-up is much better than BBK or FIB 2019 ones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Weird festival for real. The first day has basically no headliner but is the most packed one, with all these worthy undercards. The second day is literally nil but Underworld and King Crimson, which are a feature of all three days, while the last one is super packed but in a too clashy way. 

Having to go with a schedule, mine would be:

12 july

18.00-19.15 Parquet Courts
21.05-21.50 The Cat Empire
22.00-23.05 The Good, The Bad and the Queen
23.45-01.05 Kamasi Washington
01.20-02.20 Behemoth
03.00-04.00 Ricardo Villalobos
04.00-05.00 Richie Hawtin
05.00-06.30 Charlotte De Witte

13 july

19.15-21.00 King Crimson
00.30-01.45 The Blaze
03.45-05.15 Underworld

14 july

18.15-19.15 La Pegatina
20.30-22.00 The Smashing Pumpkins
23.10-23.50 Tesseract
00.00-00.50 The Strokes
01.30-03.00 The Chemical Brothers
03.15-04.45 Underworld

49 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Weird festival for real. The first day has basically no headliner but is the most packed one, with all these worthy undercards. The second day is literally nil but Underworld and King Crimson, which are a feature of all three days, while the last one is super packed but in a too clashy way. 

Having to go with a schedule, mine would be:

12 july

18.00-19.15 Parquet Courts
21.05-21.50 The Cat Empire
22.00-23.05 The Good, The Bad and the Queen
23.45-01.05 Kamasi Washington
01.20-02.20 Behemoth
03.00-04.00 Ricardo Villalobos
04.00-05.00 Richie Hawtin
05.00-06.30 Charlotte De Witte

13 july

19.15-21.00 King Crimson
00.30-01.45 The Blaze
03.45-05.15 Underworld

14 july

18.15-19.15 La Pegatina
20.30-22.00 The Smashing Pumpkins
23.10-23.50 Tesseract
00.00-00.50 The Strokes
01.30-03.00 The Chemical Brothers
03.15-04.45 Underworld

the strokes only get fifty minutes? that is odd

6 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I still cant believe that the Sunday hasn't sold out.... 

People in Spain have 2 different options to see the strokes, the chemical brothers and the smashing pumpkins on the same weekend. Underworld will be at Sonar the next weekend. Having all four of them for 62 euros is unique but it's not an instant sell out like last year's Mad Cool

4 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

People in Spain have 2 different options to see the strokes, the chemical brothers and the smashing pumpkins on the same weekend. Underworld will be at Sonar the next weekend. Having all four of them for 62 euros is unique but it's not an instant sell out like last year's Mad Cool

I hardly believe we will see in the present future something even comparable to last year Mad Cool

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Where else are they all playing? Strokes - BBK, Smashing Pumpkins - Mad Cool, and I cant see anywhere else for the Chemical Brothers...

The price of flights and a day ticket is still cheaper than what a UK festival would charge for a lineup of that stature! And considering the only Strokes UK Date has sold out i'm surprised more haven't thought about heading out for this!

On 5/22/2019 at 3:43 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

Where else are they all playing? Strokes - BBK, Smashing Pumpkins - Mad Cool, and I cant see anywhere else for the Chemical Brothers...

The price of flights and a day ticket is still cheaper than what a UK festival would charge for a lineup of that stature! And considering the only Strokes UK Date has sold out i'm surprised more haven't thought about heading out for this!

The Chemical Brothers is also at Mad Cool. It’s a good deal but with all the bad publicity and relocation they had last few months everyone is probably waiting until it is certain. Even Mad Cool had so many problems last year on their third edition

On 5/22/2019 at 1:43 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

if you were that dedicated you would have probably bought the APE ticket at first release or were planning to visit multiple shows anyway

Edited by gfa