Doctor Music

jotayks

Good morning! Does anybody know anything about the festival? Any rumor? They used to have good line ups (Bowie, Suede, Blur, Iggy Pop, Bad Religión, RATM...) and it's on the same weekend as mad cool and bbk, so they should have a good line up if they want to have a chance to survive, and looking the high prices of the tickets (215€ + 20€ campimg) probably they'll have some big names

1 hour ago, jotayks said:

Good morning! Does anybody know anything about the festival? Any rumor? They used to have good line ups (Bowie, Suede, Blur, Iggy Pop, Bad Religión, RATM...) and it's on the same weekend as mad cool and bbk, so they should have a good line up if they want to have a chance to survive, and looking the high prices of the tickets (215€ + 20€ campimg) probably they'll have some big names

I was considering this but think I'll go elsewhere, for next year at least. As you say Mad Cool/Bilbao is the same weekend and Benicassim is the weekend after too, based on previous line ups I'd have thought artists like Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney who are around/rumoured to be next Summer will be more likely for this, with the other three getting your Strokes, Arctics, Cure etc.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I was considering this but think I'll go elsewhere, for next year at least. As you say Mad Cool/Bilbao is the same weekend and Benicassim is the weekend after too, based on previous line ups I'd have thought artists like Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney who are around/rumoured to be next Summer will be more likely for this, with the other three getting your Strokes, Arctics, Cure etc.

I totally agree with you, but the organiser said the line up will be a mix of old and new artists, so I'm wondering who will be there as "new" or "current" artists

Edited by jotayks
misspelling

3 minutes ago, jotayks said:

I totally agree with you, but the organiser said the line up will be a mix of old and new artists, so I'm wondering who will be there as "new" or "current" artists

Could be anyone at the minute I suppose, should become clearer in the next month or so because the only headliners announced so far are The Cure at Mad Cool, Lana Del Rey at Benicassim and Weezer (might not be headlining) at Bilbao BBK... so there's a lot to pick from and you'd think between the four of them they'll have pretty much everyone who's about next Summer.

Possibly Muse, they have a Madrid date two weeks after Mad Cool so they won't be there and headlined Beni in 2016, but I don't know if that would rule them out of all Spanish fests around then or not.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

That was the statement but they aren't mentioned as headliner and wherever they play they aren't so I assume no. 

Gonna be interesting this one. Not been held for 20 odd years and it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. Not any major cities near it or airports near it. Doesn't even look like there's a train station near. A logistical nightmare?

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

Gonna be interesting this one. Not been held for 20 odd years and it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. Not any major cities near it or airports near it. Doesn't even look like there's a train station near. A logistical nightmare?

Edit: my bad I was wrong it's on the Pyrenees, near Andorra. 

No idea how to get there :)

Edited by alan_ts

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

The festival is 12/13/14 July so Smashing Pumpkins are playing the day before it starts (11 July) as a kind of opening party I guess. Pretty cool..

Amazingly, the tickets for this have been on sale a full TWO years before the actual event and one of the headliners was booked 2 years previously as well. It's either gonna be amazing or total shite. 

https://www.festivalinsights.com/2017/02/doctor-music-festival/

13 minutes ago, DDave said:

Amazingly, the tickets for this have been on sale a full TWO years before the actual event and one of the headliners was booked 2 years previously as well. It's either gonna be amazing or total shite. 

https://www.festivalinsights.com/2017/02/doctor-music-festival/

tbf "headliner" refers to the chef they booked.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Has this ever happened before? Usually the week before Christmas all announcements drop off 

It's late, I agree. Mad Cool might do something this week too, as well as INmusic.

Anyway, re: DocMusic;

El avance del cartel se publicará mañana miércoles 19. Los nombres más representativos de todos los géneros y épocas desembarcarán en Escalarre los días 11, 12, 13 y 14 de julio; la mayor calidad musical para todos los gustos y estilos volverá a ser una de las señas de identidad del Doctor Music Festival. Será un adelanto de un cartel que verá la luz en su totalidad en los primeros meses de 2019. En total mañana se anunciarán alrededor de 30 artistas a través de nuestras redes sociales a partir de las 09:00 horas y por orden alfabético

https://muzikalia.com/king-crimson-underworld-daran-tres-conciertos-doctor-music-festival/

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sweet Jesus, look at the 1996 edition lineup!

at a time when there wasn't much in the way of festival competition.

If they're not linked up with one of the majors I think they're probably going to struggle for major names similar to that old poster, and the two names above suggests that.