Crew tickets and campervan pass for Circus and Theatre area

lurkumlurkum

Hi everybody. Finally got an a/c on here. Been reading this outstanding forum for ages.

Been to Glasto several times with my partner and out kids, always in a campervan. The missus wouldn't entertain the thought of 'normal' tent camping even tho I'd be fine with it.

Like so many others we seem to have missed out on tickets this year. Gutted...but....

A collegue of mine has a brother who always runs a bunch of performars in the Circus and Theatre area at Glasto. She says that he could sell me a pair of tickets and a campervan pass for that crew camping area. Apparantly that includes nice showers and clean loos and a great backstage bar/cafe. It is also much nearer to the heart of the festival than normal CV fields.

She said to make him an offer. Problem is what do I offer? I'm not loaded but am happy to offer more than face value for tickets and CV pass but how much? Does seem like a pretty cushty package but I don't wan't to get the piss taken out of me nor get instanty rejected as a piss taker? Anyone have any experience of the value/cost of this sort of thing? What would you pay for it vaguely?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such an unhelpful and boring first post...will try to improve content in future :)  Ta x

If they're legit I'd snap his hands off - saves worrying about the resale.

Even at cost price a pair of tickets and a CV pitch is the best part of £700. I've seen talk of hospitallity tickets going for £2500 each. So somewhere in-between.

Personally I couldn't afford more than £1200-1500 for the package.

Edited by Penrhos

Well, normal camper pass is £120 quid and doesn't sound anywhere near as good as what you've been offered. Tickets £250. So just that price is £620 without biking fees etc. Maybe add £200 and see if that's acceptable. Perhaps explain your thinking as you're not sure of the costs. See what they say. At least you're not low balling and trying to undercut. 

As @Penrhos says - I'd bite that hand off it sounds brilliant. 

Edit: assuming children under 12 and free. If you need tickets for them then add accordingly. 

Edit: Reflected on price. 

Edited by semmtexx

No idea if those performers pay or whatever but if you offer normal festival price plus a bit extra then you're not taking the piss or losing compared to normal. Even if the person makes a few quid off you you still haven't lost out compared to what you'd normally pay. 

Guess it boils down to pay what you can afford and think it's worth to you - only you know this!

Edit: Dunno why that bits gone big. 

Edited by semmtexx

With the number of people bitching about stormzy headlining it may result in a few more tickets in the resale pot and dissuade a few from trying - but April is a long time away and these tickets won't be available by then.

If they're offering them to several people you could end up in a Dutch auction or worse get gazzumped at the last minute. 

I'd ask a few questions to gauge what they think they're worth. If you can get them for less than a grand consider yourself lucky.

54 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi @lurkumlurkum and welcome to the Mother Of All Forums™️!

I don’t have the first idea how much you should be thinking about, but never fail to be astonished at the kindness and knowledge of the residents ‘round ‘ere. 

I’m confident someone will come good with some sage advice for you. 

:)

Ben

Thanks and thanks and you're right, helpful advice already rolling in. Should have got a registered yonks ago!  :)

44 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

If they're legit I'd snap his hands off - saves worrying about the resale.

Even at cost price a pair of tickets and a CV pitch is the best part of £700. I've seen talk of hospitallity tickets going for £2500 each. So somewhere in-between.

Deffo legit. The guy offering them has been part of the Theatre and Circus set up for at least 20 years. My collegue at work is totally sound and wouldn't suggest something like this if it wasn't 100% good. Her position and responsibilities at work reinforces this if you know what I mean :)

Sounds dodgy... 

If this friend of a friend was found out to be making a quick buck on the side from their privileged position, I'd imagine they wouldn't be on the crew very long, and your chances of getting into the fest would disappear along with them

That's all I'll say about that. 

• Upvote 1

on the flip side if this performer has been there the last 20 years or so he may be thinking just get rid for a few beer tokens rather than run the risk of being caught out earning ££££'s of the back off his much loved festival. 0ffer him face value plus say a £100.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

just in case you're not aware....

In order to park your CV in an on-site crew area, you'll need to be on site before Tuesday evening, else they won't let you drive in (and you can only get on site on Tuesday with a crew ticket, not a punter ticket).

Thank you. That actually makes it even more tempting. If I end up going for it work have just OKd me having leave from the Monday to Monday . 

Edited by lurkumlurkum

33 minutes ago, lurkumlurkum said:

Thank you. That actually makes it even more tempting. If I end up going for it work have just OKd me having leave from the Monday to Monday . 

annoyingly, i've (in the past) been offered backstage space for my campervan, but haven't had a crew entrance ticket so i could get my van to that backstage space.  :( 

I work backstage at C&T. It is a great place in the festival to stay. If it is a genuine offer then I would certainly pay the price of the tickets, as you were going to anyway.

As Neil says you have to be in on the Tuesday (performers can turn up later of course), but you can go from the Sunday before really and the earlier the better to get a spot, and it gets tight at times with a general free for all, not like the CV fields (much more chaos) . You will get a different wristband and backstage pass. This will get you also into all the backstage bars which will be up and running from the Sunday (probably before). The C&T Bar (run by one of my friends) normally starts Tuesday and is one of the best onsite, has some great bands on after hours as well

Kids will love it as you are in with the performers and see them all getting ready etc. Really is a great atmosphere back there. Clean loos (but I find that nearly anywhere anyway) showers and there are cut throughs and no queues for the SE corner

Well worth it as it is also very easy to just pop back camp to pick up stuff, unless you are right over the other side or park.

To wonder around the festival before Wednesday is also worth part of the money, (especially if you are not working) would be a lovely couple of days watching it all build up and able to properly relax before the mayhem.

Oh and visit the splott brothers cocktail bar

Edited by fred quimby

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Just make sure that you are able to get a backstage pass or guest pass. C&T have got a lot more strict on people having them

I could have got the relevant wristband(s), what matey couldn't supply was a crew ticket to get onto site with.

Having had a think about it, it's not something i'd bother with without that crew ticket, as I'd rather arrive and be all set-up on the Tuesday even if it's outside in the cv fields.

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I could have got the relevant wristband(s), what matey couldn't supply was a crew ticket to get onto site with.

Having had a think about it, it's not something i'd bother with without that crew ticket, as I'd rather arrive and be all set-up on the Tuesday even if it's outside in the cv fields.

Yea always better to be set up and ready to go than turning up on Wednesday and then setting up

6 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I would be wary of handing over a large amount of cash for tickets without at least having seen the tickets first. I've heard horror stories of people being offered and paying large sums for crew/hospitality tickets which never materialise.

A friend of mine worked at the last glasto she got offered the chance to work 2 weeks before , she had to pAy her deposit ,   Then she just had to turn up a few days before gates opened at a certain gate , her name was on a list , they gave her a wristband and that was it , she never had a ticket as was crew to start with  as it wasn’t needed