Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not always. If you skirt round the outside and approach stonebridge from the right hand side there's pretty much always decent space down that side of the bar. Never had an issue getting there, getting served and having room to dance, and I don't get ANYWHERE early :lol:

The exception being Steve Davis’ set. That was (snooker) loopy in its levels of busy...

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

The exception being Steve Davis’ set. That was (snooker) loopy in its levels of busy...

Ben

What did you think of that Ben? The set I mean. I wouldn't say I was overjoyed but I thought it was an interesting set. Very much in the minority of my mates who were bored as hell.

EDIT should clarify I was talking about for Baggy Mondays, don't know if that approach works for other stuff up there

Edited by Quark

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

What did you think of that Ben? The set I mean. I wouldn't say I was overjoyed but I thought it was an interesting set. Very much in the minority of my mates who were bored as hell.

EDIT should clarify I was talking about for Baggy Mondays, don't know if that approach works for other stuff up there

I’d echo that entirely. Interesting and intriguing. Hugely diverse in selection which I thought reflected the lads’ reputation and never felt leftfield for leftfield’s sake. Would have preferred a few more straight dance bangers and there was some stuff that, for me, just didn’t quite land, but glad I saw it. 

Highlight, however, was the reception given to the 4-5 lads who arrived in full snooker livery of shirts, bow ties, waistcoats and stubby cues held aloft. They were appropriately roared with approval and given free passage through an absurdly dense crowd trying to get into the tent, and rightly so. You make that much effort, you deserve it!

Ben

There was definitely a sense of people being there to be there, then feeling they should stay even though he was dropping some mental stuff! It was so busy though that every bailer was replaced instantly! One for the open minded, that’s for sure! 

Classic Thursday oddity drawing a RIDICULOUS crowd!!! 

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

There was definitely a sense of people being there to be there, then feeling they should stay even though he was dropping some mental stuff! It was so busy though that every bailer was replaced instantly! One for the open minded, that’s for sure!  

Classic Thursday oddity drawing a RIDICULOUS crowd!!! 

Ben

We went and sacked it off due to the crowd.  I assumed he was going to be playing bleeps and squeaks / light techno. I have only ever heard one set. Which was alright. Wasn't amazing, but thought I'd give it a go.

14 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I’d echo that entirely. Interesting and intriguing. Hugely diverse in selection which I thought reflected the lads’ reputation and never felt leftfield for leftfield’s sake. Would have preferred a few more straight dance bangers and there was some stuff that, for me, just didn’t quite land, but glad I saw it. 

Highlight, however, was the reception given to the 4-5 lads who arrived in full snooker livery of shirts, bow ties, waistcoats and stubby cues held aloft. They were appropriately roared with approval and given free passage through an absurdly dense crowd trying to get into the tent, and rightly so. You make that much effort, you deserve it!

Ben

Aye, they did well.  Security weren't having any of letting them in with those queues but the crowd bullied them into it :D

Now the thing I saw, and I'd be interested to get your view Ben, is that Mr Davis wasn't actually doing much in the way of DJing.  I'm sure that the selection was his choice as his interest in EDM's well known, but he seemed to be pretty much a figurehead for the crowd while the work went on behind him. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can't speak for the Stonebridge set but I've seen Davis DJ three or four times now and he definitely does actual DJing. Usually with Kavus Torabi. 

Fair enough.  Might have been my perception (can't imagine why I'd be seeing things differently from reality at Glastonbury :D) or perhaps given the size of the crowd at that one they just pushed him front and centre.

51 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So is today a legit possibility? How many days are we from the first announcement now? A smaller stage would be nice.

I can't help but feel someone would know something if there was going to be an announcement. Announcements don't seem to come...urm...unannounced around here too often 

But maybe this time!!

38 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can't speak for the Stonebridge set but I've seen Davis DJ three or four times now and he definitely does actual DJing. Usually with Kavus Torabi. 

35 minutes ago, Quark said:

Fair enough.  Might have been my perception (can't imagine why I'd be seeing things differently from reality at Glastonbury :D) or perhaps given the size of the crowd at that one they just pushed him front and centre.

Well there’s DJing and DJing! He was with KT for that Stonebridge set and it was Old Skool DJing - that is, you play a record, then spin another record, fading one out as the next one fades in! No perma-nob twiddling and fader sliding! So, to that end, he and KT essentially took it in turns. Steve was defo flicking through the case and pulling out the records when it was his turn! 

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well there’s DJing and DJing! He was with KT for that Stonebridge set and it was Old Skool DJing - that is, you play a record, then spin another record, fading one out as the next one fades in! No perma-nob twiddling and fader sliding! So, to that end, he and KT essentially took it in turns. Steve was defo flicking through the case and pulling out the records when it was his turn! 

Ben

Was probably just coincidence of when I looked up from dancing!  I did see him going through the case a fair bit, but just happened to see very little of him at the decks :D

34 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I can't help but feel someone would know something if there was going to be an announcement. Announcements don't seem to come...urm...unannounced around here too often 

But maybe this time!!

Didn't the chickens say something? Not sure if that counts. I'm not sure if we normally get much build-up for individual stage announcements?

So first drop was 15th March (AHTT) - bang on a month...

38 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't the chickens say something? Not sure if that counts. I'm not sure if we normally get much build-up for individual stage announcements?

So first drop was 15th March (AHTT) - bang on a month...

The chickens did say the 10th....but then they confessed to knowing sweet FA and ruined all the fun. 

I saw one of @Gnomicide's helpful lists about number of days after the balance payment. But sadly there didn't seem to be a pattern, which I found quite odd.

Going from first poster drop to next announcement though.....looks like you have to go back to 2014 to find the last time they made is wait a whole month. But then the poster being so early this year makes it all a bit confusing!

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

The chickens did say the 10th....but then they confessed to knowing sweet FA and ruined all the fun. 

I saw one of @Gnomicide's helpful lists about number of days after the balance payment. But sadly there didn't seem to be a pattern, which I found quite odd.

Going from first poster drop to next announcement though.....looks like you have to go back to 2014 to find the last time they made is wait a whole month. But then the poster being so early this year makes it all a bit confusing!

Why did you find it odd? The first rule of The Thingy is ThereIsNoPattern!