Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

35 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Really how can people forget to pay surely someone in a group would be on the case of others saying we have to pay .

It's like people who turn up at airports without passports ?

There's always the risk that after selling out within 30 or so minutes, if a large number of tickets go back in the pot and they don't immediately sell out in the resale, it would be a pretty damning indication on the choice of line-up.

If they announce something today, I think it's more likely that they're chasing those people still sitting on the fence rather than people actually forgetting

40 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I used to wonder this about passports....and yet this guy I was seeing was an absolute nightmare for it. He'd not only forgotten his passport on two occasions when he was going on holiday, but another time in Italy he left his passport in Napoli and only realised when we were in Milan, from where we were flying out two days later. 

Fortunately he will never be in charge of paying for my Glastonbury ticket :lol:

38 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Somethings are to important to leave the disorganised in charge of ?

Was he an MP?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yup, guess my guess was wrong.

to be fair something could come at any point today, let's not give up hope.

and on thinking about it i'd have thought if anything was to come it would be some cherry picked acts across all stages. Dropping something like shangri-la seems a bit niche when looking to give a diverse fanbase a collective kick up the bum to pay tickets.

32 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Does The Thingy stretch to a table of most frequent times for announcements? @Gnomicide

No. Piss off!  It's 08:00 but the only times I have are 1st poster announcements

19 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Poor guy is getting run ragged lately!

:D 

1st poster announcement times:

08:00 30th March 2017: First Lineup Poster
08:00 15 March 2019: First Lineup Poster
08:00 4 April 2014 : First lineup poster, most of main stages
08:20 29 March 2016: First Line up poster
16:30 14 April 2012: Main stages
19:00 27 March 2013: Main Stages
19:00 14 April 2015: First line up poster (no 3rd headliner)

Don't forget to check out the all new "When does..." section of TheThingy which sits nicely alongside The Thingy, Calendar and never visited Photos sections.

Trying to do a little bit more digging but a friend of a friend sent us this from their steward training this weekend. The bottom right shows a map, which may mean theres a version of the new map in circulation somewhere. Unless they are using an old one? Fingers crossed that map gets out soon. 

Screenshot_20190407-153736_WhatsApp.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Trying to do a little bit more digging but a friend of a friend sent us this from their steward training this weekend. The bottom right shows a map, which may mean theres a version of the new map in circulation somewhere. Unless they are using an old one? Fingers crossed that map gets out soon. 

Zoom...Enhance....zoom.....enhance.....

damn it , never works like it does in the movies

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Couldn't they have put us out of our misery and just photographed the map?! Time to send your friend to Jack Bauer for interrogation

giphy.gif

Edited by Mr.Tease

21 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

If it's Oxfam training, they usually use a previous years map. No point worrying about getting an up to date version - any specific details won't be referred to until the on-site briefing anyway as they can easily change between now and the festival.

34 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Zoom...Enhance....zoom.....enhance.....

damn it , never works like it does in the movies

CSI Glastonbury would have that sorted. Also trying to zoom in on the screen.

Types of Steward:

1. Bar

So, it looks like we'll have no further announcements prior to the balance deadline

I love to think that regardless of how many folks don't pay the balance the thinking at Worthy Farm HQ is.....if they don't like the line-up so far then f£$k them, there's loads of folks without tickets that want to go regardless, then we'll give them the rest of the line-up after resale 

2 hours ago, incident said:

If it's Oxfam training, they usually use a previous years map. No point worrying about getting an up to date version - any specific details won't be referred to until the on-site briefing anyway as they can easily change between now and the festival.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

CSI Glastonbury would have that sorted. Also trying to zoom in on the screen.

Types of Steward:

1. Bar

Ok it was steward training for oxfam it seems and they have also confirmed that the official map that was used was 2017 however they had snippets of changes for the 2019 map for certain parts but are sworn to secrecy which is a shame. I'm trying to twist some arms but no joy so far. It may get out sooner though if others have seen it. 

Edited by Doug85

17 hours ago, Doug85 said:

The spying skills on this forum are really quite impressive, regardless of what year that map is from. Good work!

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

So i just seen this..... it says 2 days before their glasto slot... that would put them on the Sunday.... Do they know something we dont??? 

56890302_2584243988258957_4280791872403668992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=6503e81ab5a7f245c059b9529190fd52&oe=5D49DC1C

More likely that It's On Cardiff have made an error in that caption than both Glastonbury Festival and The Killers have on their websites.