Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Trust me to look at this thread first thing in the morning. That’s the day now going to be dominated by constantly checking for announcements. 

if there's going to be one I'll be surprised if it's later than 10am. 

The point behind it will be for the word to go round today (to prompt balance payments) - because word doesn't travel as well at weekends.

Just now, caballosblancos said:

What’s the logic of prompting balance payments @eFestivals? If people don’t pay their balance GFLtd make £20(?) per non refundable plus whole new ticket price. 

because the £20 is probably about worthless - there's work related to that - and I'm thinking that Glastonbury won't want the percentage of people paying their balances to drop lower than it's been in other years if they can help it.

I'm thinking that they'll be thinking that sometimes they have to nudge their popularity along else they risk their popularity dipping permanently

And i'm basing that on the idea that less people will be paying their balances because there's something a bit less special (with big names) about this year's line-up compared to the norm.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Avoiding having to deal with 3 months of anguished pleading and complaints from people who forget to settle up.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

But Twitter users are so reasonable about stuff like that

The annual, astonishing tirade of vitriol from people who are, in essence, complaining that they went to the toilet, and are now furious as they were given completely inadequate, multi-platform, repeated reminders to wipe their own ars......

:)

Ben

• Upvote 3

It's also better for Glastonbury to have more people with tickets than going back on the pot and then have to put up for sale again. We probably know it's going to sell out again in the resale but you want to keep the percentage chance of that not happening as low as possible.

Plus it probably costs them a bit more to shift more tickets.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

"Really soon"

The words "Really soon" are EXACTLY what I want to be seeing on this thread. Very good. 

39 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

What’s the logic of prompting balance payments @eFestivals? If people don’t pay their balance GFLtd make £20(?) per non refundable plus whole new ticket price. 

And also because they're really just super lovely and would hate to think of anyone being shunned by friends and family for forgetting to settle up before the deadline and ruining everyones festival

10 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Really how can people forget to pay surely someone in a group would be on the case of others saying we have to pay .

It's like people who turn up at airports without passports ?

Or the people who are 10 minutes late back to the coach at a service station

7 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Really how can people forget to pay surely someone in a group would be on the case of others saying we have to pay .

It's like people who turn up at airports without passports ?

I used to wonder this about passports....and yet this guy I was seeing was an absolute nightmare for it. He'd not only forgotten his passport on two occasions when he was going on holiday, but another time in Italy he left his passport in Napoli and only realised when we were in Milan, from where we were flying out two days later. 

Fortunately he will never be in charge of paying for my Glastonbury ticket :lol:

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I used to wonder this about passports....and yet this guy I was seeing was an absolute nightmare for it. He'd not only forgotten his passport on two occasions when he was going on holiday, but another time in Italy he left his passport in Napoli and only realised when we were in Milan, from where we were flying out two days later. 

Fortunately he will never be in charge of paying for my Glastonbury ticket :lol:

Somethings are to important to leave the disorganised in charge of ?