Jump to content
Gnomicide

Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Recommended Posts

Overall very pleased. Fewer bands i am desperate to see compared to last year, but that means there will be less clashes so I'll probably still see the same amount of acts! So long as The Killers and Vampire Weekend don't clash (which I'd say is unlikely), I'm all good!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Left Handed Screwdriver is their best song.

See Woffy - you thought he was wasting your time when it was nothing of the sort! Now be a good lad and go for a long stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mb23 said:

Overall very pleased. Fewer bands i am desperate to see compared to last year, but that means there will be less clashes so I'll probably still see the same amount of acts! So long as The Killers and Vampire Weekend don't clash (which I'd say is unlikely), I'm all good!

 

On that note, can someone please tell me/ give me their intelligent opinion on where they think Vampire Weekend will be playing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mb23 said:

Overall very pleased. Fewer bands i am desperate to see compared to last year, but that means there will be less clashes so I'll probably still see the same amount of acts! So long as The Killers and Vampire Weekend don't clash (which I'd say is unlikely), I'm all good!

 

Expecting Vampire Weekend to sub Other or be 3rd down main, they won't Saturday Other sub, Sunday against Janet is quite likely but I'd have said Pyramid Friday at the minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

On that note, can someone please tell me/ give me their intelligent opinion on where they think Vampire Weekend will be playing? 

Third from top Pyramid between Kylie and Janet would be my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Quark said:

Suspect I'll be seeing you at both of those!

Yay! You bring the smokes, I'll bring the cider :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Third from top Pyramid between Kylie and Janet would be my guess.

See your compare the two.

Barry Gibb, Chic, Biffy, Ed

Kylie, VW, Janet, The Cure

For me I wouldn't or didn't should I see leave through the top but the bottom after Kylie I'm very much open and likely at Janelle Sunday after a bit of The Cure.

I believe it looks like Ezra is Stormzy's sub too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Expecting Vampire Weekend to sub Other or be 3rd down main, they won't Saturday Other sub, Sunday against Janet is quite likely but I'd have said Pyramid Friday at the minute.

3rd down main sounds about right. Their poster placement made me think they might headline the Other, being next the T.A and Chems. Will be a big draw I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for reference, here are the names that were missing from the first version of the poster in 2017.

650362448_GNames.jpg.4f6a65db0bcbc08d8b75ff2650c44ff8.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Just for reference, here are the names that were missing from the first version of the poster in 2017.

650362448_GNames.jpg.4f6a65db0bcbc08d8b75ff2650c44ff8.jpg

And that was with an extra 20 ish people on the poster too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Just for reference, here are the names that were missing from the first version of the poster in 2017.

650362448_GNames.jpg.4f6a65db0bcbc08d8b75ff2650c44ff8.jpg

Excellent! I knew you'd pop up with that at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Just for reference, here are the names that were missing from the first version of the poster in 2017.

650362448_GNames.jpg.4f6a65db0bcbc08d8b75ff2650c44ff8.jpg

7 of the 24 bands I watched last time round are on this list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Snow Patrol have vanished from the poster.

😂 

They're still listed in the text below the poster fwiw. So we have another D'Angelo situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Snow Patrol have vanished from the poster.

Yeh, just came on to see if anyone else had noticed that..... whats that about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Snow patrol asked to be removed cos they have tickets to sell? Or maybe they were embarassed to be so low on the poster so asked to be removed? Seems more likely to me than they aren't gonna be there anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's listed on Snow Patrol's website dates so I don't think it's a D'Angelo situation.

They are billed very low down on the poster and so I wonder if that's pissed someone off from their team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow Patrol have sent out a tweet saying they’re playing and it’s on their website so imagine it’s an accident  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Superscally said:

See Woffy - you thought he was wasting your time when it was nothing of the sort! Now be a good lad and go for a long stand.

Dude, whilst I didn't do an apprenticeship, I was the youngest in the department for a long time and was on the receiving end of a lot of that type of shit!!! It was when I received this nickname / eFests handle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Little Andy said:

Assuming Snow Patrol are still playing, I find them a hard act to place? Possibly they would headline a stage?

I'm going with Other Stage opener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jparx said:

😂

They're still listed in the text below the poster fwiw. So we have another D'Angelo situation?

It's like a mystery that no-one gives a fuck about! Apart from Paw Snooze Snow Patrol. Brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...