Gnomicide

Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

35 minutes ago, Quark said:

Suspect I'll be seeing you at both of those!

Me too :D Especially having missed Jon Hopkins on the spider (which @bennyhana22 keeps insisting was the best techno set he's ever seen)

34 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

This years Katy Perry.

Yes, there does seem to be the emergence of a "Katy Perry" slot. But hopefully Miley won't be as unbelievably shit as Katy Perry was in it.....

Edited by Sasperella

14 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Where is Jeff Goldblum? Was that some big wind up?

I can't believe they didn't deem Jeff Goldblum big enough to be on the main poster either - he's Jeff GOLDBLUM for goodness sake! An absolute outrage so it is.... 

On 3/11/2019 at 7:16 AM, Yellow Chicken said:

Err Friday?

23 hours ago, Blue Chicken said:

I still think you know nothing more than anyone else but this is a rare case where the chickens agree tomorrow morning it is.

All hail the chickens!

Predicting poster drops without a pattern since 2017

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Yes, there does seem to be the emergence of a "Katy Perry" slot. But hopefully Milieu won't be as unbelievably shit as Katy Perry was in it.....

Yep I was disappointed by Katy Perry, I don't think she was helped by the sound issues she seemed to have and the fact she looked completely off her face and out of her depth. 

Miley has the potential to be much better, lets just hope it's not as bad as when she did the VMA's and MTV awards that time. 

Well you look at the headliners and its like.... hmmmm meh...

But looking at the rest of the line up Im like.... wow this is frigging awesome! Thats a brilliant lineup as a whole... proper Glasto line up that. 

• Upvote 1

@eFestivals any idea/gut feeling on what night The Killers/Cure/Chemical Brothers will be doing? I'm assuming Tame Impala will be Friday.. based on very little 

Just now, mufcok said:

@eFestivals any idea/gut feeling on what night The Killers/Cure/Chemical Brothers will be doing? I'm assuming Tame Impala will be Friday.. based on very little 

Killers are Saturday, Cure Sunday - it’s on the official article on Glasto site 

Just now, mufcok said:

Killers are Saturday the cure sunday

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Killers is Saturday and Cure is Sunday (was in the tweet) dunno about the others 

Just now, mufcok said:

Glasto have confirmed Killers as Saturday and The Cure as Sunday.

Reckon Tame are Friday and Chems on Sunday on Other but those are guesses.

Fyi anybody who suggested The Cure were headlining the Other, deadline for sincere video apologies to be uploaded is midday.

• Upvote 3

Chems have nearly always done Sunday right? or am I just making that up?

Bit of a bad clash if they are, rather have them go up against Killers.

I reckon Macca was in the frame at one point. Determined to try and find someone to confirm that to me (usually manage it).

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Glasto have confirmed Killers as Saturday and The Cure as Sunday.

Reckon Tame are Friday and Chems on Sunday on Other but those are guesses.

Cheers. Was hoping Chems/Killers would clash but can't have it all

I'm absolutely gutted, I feel like all summer excitement has left me this is probably the worst line up I have ever seen in my time of going. Their literally isnt one band on the whole bill that I want to see this is actually the first time this has happened too.

Im also tempted to just not buy the rest of my ticket but then again theres more too the festival :( Considering there was a fallow year id have expected a little more than this.... 

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Me too :D Especially having missed Jon Hopkins on the spider (which @bennyhana22 keeps insisting was the best techno set he's ever seen)

Yes, there does seem to be the emergence of a "Katy Perry" slot. But hopefully Miley won't be as unbelievably shit as Katy Perry was in it.....

Hi Sas!

That SpiderSet™️ was truly magnificent, partly because of time and place, being with beloved friends and being perfectly, erm, refreshed!

However, Mr Hopkins was also UNBELIEVABLE live at Motion in Bristol a couple of weeks ago and so you should be majorly excited!! The Singularity live show with some precious bangers and a couple of amazing covers thrown in is phenomenal. Looking at the poster, the dream of him closing West Holts seems to be gone, so I just hope he’s somewhere/sometime excellent...!

:)

Ben x

I’m on the side of the underwhelmed.

That said, if the Prodigy were on it I’d probably be looking at it completely different.

For me it’s missing that bit of heaviness to balance things out although there are quite a few act I don’t know towards the end of the poster that I’m looking forward to hitting up on Spotify today. Maybe I’ll have a different view come the end of the day!

Just now, eFestivals said:

I reckon Macca was in the frame at one point. Determined to try and find someone to confirm that to me (usually manage it).

A potential shout for 2020, surely

The line up is very much at the 'alright' level for me with only 8 must sees, half of which I have seen already. If it wasn't for The Cure headlining the pyramid stage i'd be wavering a bit to be honest.

10 hours ago, LA33 said:

Nick Grimshaw just said that he has 'heard the Strokes are headlining glasto' on Radio 1..

Nick Grimshaw is full of shit.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Do you think he was for the Saturday? Makes me wonder if The Killers agreed to do the secret slot if they had an agreement to headline again or if Emily just thought that once Macca dropped The Killers would be ideal to replace based on the crowd they got in 17 

Edited by Doug85

What do you reckon for final Other Stage headliner @eFestivals? Surely Vampire Weekend aren't headlining... Surely Foals or someone like that... What do you think also about Courteeners, next announcement?

Not  blown away by the headliners although will go see The Cure as long as no clash, although the depth on there means I will certainly have clashes. More than happy with that

2 hours ago, Fast Drones said:

Hearing from my sources that the strokes are on the poster but not headlining 

Your sources are full of shit.