Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

5 minutes ago, James_Glasto_LDn said:

I know there's no pattern... and most of you probably already saw this... whilst I would love it to be today... wanted to just flag the below tweet. 

Sasperella off of the @eFestivals forum has had the abacus out and may have (I can barely bring myself to say it), found a pattern!  For the last 3 festivals the full lineup came out 22 days before gates open. 2015: 2/6, gates 24/6 2016: 31/5, gates 22/6 2017: 30/5, gates 21/6

I have since decided that I'm far too impatient for this pattern to be a pattern :lol:

Plus I'm not a witch and don't want anyone to burn me...so it has to come out today to avoid that!

34 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

How was the full lineup announced in 2013? That was the last one after a fallow so this could be similar? I'm asking cos I have no idea. 

If memory serves, it was an evening announcement on Radio 1. I remember because my work shifts back then were 12 - 8 and there was a strict mobile phone policy in place. When I came out it had dropped.. with The Rolling Stones on it

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Now known as The Sasperella Paradox.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

After all this it would be incredible banter from the festival if we didn't even get the lineup by Friday, on Friday or for another week or so!

According to The Sasperella Paradox it will be the 4th June.

I am not prepared t accept this.

I was under the impression LL does a show in the run up most years.... I always thought it was used as a bit of a test run by the BBC for the coverage a few weeks later.

As for the lineup I got a feeling in my stomach that it’s today.... might have been last nights chicken madras

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

If memory serves, it was an evening announcement on Radio 1. I remember because my work shifts back then were 12 - 8 and there was a strict mobile phone policy in place. When I came out it had dropped.. with The Rolling Stones on it

Yes, the Rolling Stones year was an evening announcement, I think at 7pm. A put Absolute on especially and they kicked off the show by playing Satisfaction. I was in my kitchen if that helps.

Edited by Homer

7 minutes ago, mufcok said:

So they managed to keep the Stones secret all the way until the full lineup drop? Wow.

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yes, the Rolling Stones year was an evening announcement, I think at 7pm. A put Absolute on especially and they kicked off the show by playing Satisfaction. I was in my kitchen if that helps.

Can you go to your kitchen and put Absolute on now please? Thanks from all of us

I still have it in my heart for today.

If we assume that the majority (if not all ) the individual stage announcements have been, then according to the thingy they wouldn't leave us over a week without a single announcement to announce on the 4th! It usually seems like 4 days max from final individual stage announcement.

Watch Williams Green get announced today and this idea go to complete shit

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I bet Emily trolls us. No announcement today and Friday is to announce when she'll be making a line up announcement.

I really hope she mentions the Thingy too

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it weren't announced until next week, and Emily and Lauren have some chatter about acts on Friday 

23 minutes ago, James_Glasto_LDn said:

I know there's no pattern... and most of you probably already saw this... whilst I would love it to be today... wanted to just flag the below tweet. 

Sasperella off of the @eFestivals forum has had the abacus out and may have (I can barely bring myself to say it), found a pattern!  For the last 3 festivals the full lineup came out 22 days before gates open. 2015: 2/6, gates 24/6 2016: 31/5, gates 22/6 2017: 30/5, gates 21/6

What day was the BBC radio show with Emily on those years?