Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody on here knows of an act playing who are embargoed from talking about it until today. 

Also act on last page who says she has an announcement at 10am (which could easily be something else entirely but is worth noting anyway).

Not a right lot then! What’s the general consensus?

6 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Caveat on my embargo info for tomorrow.  I guess It could be for a specific stage only ? :D let’s see eh?!

Backslider! :D

1 hour ago, Stubbsy55 said:

Glasto thingy saying it’s probably today 

He knows nothing.

45 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Desperado is annoyingly expensive. I'd like to take some cans of it, but seems so over priced for what it is.

That's a lot of booze for a non drinker btw. Hope you pace yourself!

18 minutes ago, eastynh said:

It is my one indulgence mate. £45 for a crate of 24. Its worth paying that as it tastes ok when warm. I got one of those big kegs last time but they are a waste of space as they jusr froth up.

Will not overdo it. I have Bluedot and Kendal Calling following Glasto. Whatever does not get drank can be used there.

Home & Bargain have 4 x 500ml cans for £5.99, making 24 cans/12 litres =£35.94. A decent deal to keep an eye out for. ?

Okay so I had a really good feeling it would be yesterday and it wasn't and I don't have such a great feeling about today so it must be today.

But personally I think it might be tomorrow now. Really don't think it will be Friday as I think it will either come before or after Emily on the radio. And I think before is more likely.

In theory it should be Friday as part of the 6 Music thing but you'd think they'd be throwing in the odd hint if it was to get the listening figures up. Even if it was "some exciting news" but it is just being promoted as looking at the changes on the farm.

Combined with the EE ap supposedly out this month, I think it will be before Friday. 

3 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Has the link been updated today? I got an alert at 6am for a webpage change. More fuel to the line up today fire?

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

I got that too, I think it’s just for remaining availability, Bath & West CV is on sale for example.

Seetickets web page can’t be connected to a line up announcement I’d have thought.

32 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

What’s the reasoning behind it being today then? 

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody on here knows of an act playing who are embargoed from talking about it until today. 

Also act on last page who says she has an announcement at 10am (which could easily be something else entirely but is worth noting anyway).

I think @eFestivals also heard a rumour? And I think he heard it from someone different than @Justiceforcedave....but I may be wrong about that 

Plus it's the 29th (not the 30th or 31st) and not the Tuesday after the bank holiday.....so it's the only remaining day it can drop this week without resembling something that could be a pattern

Will be a bit surprised if it's today given BBC Radio are at the farm on Friday to chat with Emily. Can see the show being the release of the lineup and discussion. Laverne would have already been shown it prior to the show.

Occam's razor init. Bit weird to go to the farm for the show to discuss something that happened 2 days prior, it's a bit old news. It'll be on Friday.

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I think @eFestivals also heard a rumour? And I think he heard it from someone different than @Justiceforcedave....but I may be wrong about that 

Plus it's the 29th (not the 30th or 31st) and not the Tuesday after the bank holiday.....so it's the only remaining day it can drop this week without resembling something that could be a pattern

And we absolutely cannot have that! There is no pattern. All Hail The Thingy!

7 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Will be a bit surprised if it's today given BBC Radio are at the farm on Friday to chat with Emily. Can see the show being the release of the lineup and discussion. Laverne would have already been shown it prior to the show.

Occam's razor init. Bit weird to go to the farm for the show to discuss something that happened 2 days prior, it's a bit old news. It'll be on Friday.

I also don't think it's today, but I don't think that the Lauren thing is especially relevant.

I'm probably wrong, but the full drop has never been a huge official 'thing' has it, in terms of fanfare? To us, it's like waiting for the Second Coming every year (or two...grrr), but after the poster and then all the area drops, I don't remember the full line up drop being a massive media thing. I'm probably not remembering it properly!

As such, I wouldn't see the Lauren Laverne thing being after the full drop as an issue. I juts still thunk we're a bit early, even though I want the full line-up, like, yesterday...

Ben

10 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Generally the interviews Michael and Emily do are more about infrastructure, new areas etc. with only a little bit of reference to music.

The majority of the main stage acts were on the first poster with the rest which will be coming "filler" for want of a better word so I can't think there would be much to talk about for new additions.