Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

On 5/24/2019 at 6:31 PM, GWR said:

So no beat Hotel today either by the looks of it... The teases

Hmmm, Id forgotten about Beat Hotel. It definitely sounded like they were planning an announcement....they better get a move on!

17 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Afternoon everyone...

Are we still of the belief that Block 9 is tomorrow?

And that maybe, maybe, the full line-up is Tuesday or Friday? *

*Not at work Tuesday or Friday, so would work great for me

Block 9 is supposed to be today I think. That's been confirmed by someone in the know. But I don't think there's been a specific dates mentioned by anyone regarding the full thing....we're assuming it will be on or before the Radio 1 show though. My guess is later in the week, with maybe the Beat Hotel before

EDIT: Sorry, it appears I thought it was still sunday for a moment there

Edited by Sasperella

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Have it in writing its today, plus at least a full poster of one of the stages within the area as a teaser

If it falls to tomorrow, maybe they hit it too hard over the bank holiday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can you elaborate on a full poster of one of the stages within the area?

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'm sorry, that is – I've seen final materials for the NYCDL, as well as finished designs for IICON, so it's definitely all under wing and they aren't just booking DJ Can Kicked Down The Road to headline.

Not sure what time today, or in what shape, but...it's imminent.

Will we get any more information about IICON? It's very tantalising! 

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'm sorry, that is – I've seen final materials for the NYCDL, as well as finished designs for IICON, so it's definitely all under wing and they aren't just booking DJ Can Kicked Down The Road to headline.

Not sure what time today, or in what shape, but...it's imminent.

Wasn’t mad on him playing last time!

16 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

My understanding is some of the spectacle will be kept for in person but a glut of new info will come with this announce, alongside the deejays.

IICON is mind-blowingly audacious stuff so worth it even if the wait is like medieval torture at this point (it is for all of us!)

Excellent. It's like techno Christmas Eve.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

My understanding is some of the spectacle will be kept for in person but a glut of new info will come with this announce, alongside the deejays.

IICON is mind-blowingly audacious stuff so worth it even if the wait is like medieval torture at this point (it is for all of us!)

I don't suppose you've any idea on the timing?

51 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Have it in writing its today, plus I've been shown a full poster of one of the stages within the area as a teaser

If it falls to tomorrow, maybe they hit it too hard over the bank holiday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oooooooh fucking hell, this is so exciting!!!!!

I gambled on the full line up being released on Tuesday, so I booked the day off work. It doesn't look like it's going to happen now, but it is my birthday so I guess that's reason enough.

Incidentally I had a dream last night that I was watching Christine & The Queens headline the Other Stage on the Sunday, and they still hadn't released the line up. I'm not quite sure what my subconscious was telling me...

For some reason I'm more anxious about ticket dispatch than about full line-up and time slots and clashes. I'm more worried about not getting my ticket on time (and once I get it I'll be worried about forgetting or losing it), than about anything else. I just want to be there, and then I'll figure out what I'll do each day and which bands I'll see and where.

Come on, Seetickets! 
Getting a bit neurotic, but I get the feeling I'm not the only one ?

Edited by Gabi_says

7 minutes ago, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

Incidentally I had a dream last night that I was watching Christine & The Queens headline the Other Stage on the Sunday, and they still hadn't released the line up. I'm not quite sure what my subconscious was telling me...

I dreamt that the lineup was announced and I had a meltdown because the 6pm IDLES info was wrong, and they clashed with Interpol, Jon Hopkins and Tame Impala

Which actually, probably isn't far wrong

18 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I’m turning impatience into an art form

How’s that manifesting itself, Sasp?

Utterly inert, staring at a screen being incredibly unproductive? 

Or manic, can’t sit still, tidying / cleaning like some OCD weirdo (like me)?

12 minutes ago, Woffy said:

How’s that manifesting itself, Sasp?

Utterly inert, staring at a screen being incredibly unproductive? 

Or manic, can’t sit still, tidying / cleaning like some OCD weirdo (like me)?

Well, I'm at uni today, trying to finalise one of my chapters. Im working in very (very) short bursts (often of less than ten mins), interspersed by obsessive checking of here and then Facebook when I find no update on here. This is despite knowing that a) it's a bank holiday and most efest regulars will be doing something nice with their day and b) announcements usually come on the hour

And of course, if it were to drop, productivity would be totally out of the window and I'd probs have to go for a cider (even though I promised myself I wouldn't have any more of that until I'm on the coach and see the sign for Bristol)

• Upvote 1