Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

So do we think we’ll get anything today? Palais or Unfairground perhaps? 

Well the coincidence *cough* "pattern" suggests another today and the Wormhole have already confirmed they are being announced on Friday.

So one of the above is definitely a possibility.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

This is insanely late, nothing before later than 8 PM as far as I can recall.

I'm sure there was a full lineup drop, or maybe just a headliner, much later than 8pm in '08 or '09. In my mind it was closer to 10pm.

I'm sure @eFestivals would have a better memory than me though, especially if he had to pull a late one to update the lineup page.

17 hours ago, Jah_Roots said:

however - i have personal experience of someone being thrown off a national express coach and dumped at the nearest service station because they were "covertly" drinking an alcopop!

not sure how ruthless they are / would be on the way to glasto, but i wouldnt fancy having to walk from amesbury services! 

OMG! Really??? On a Glasto bus? Everyone was cracking open the tinnies past Bristol on my last coach to Glastonbury!

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Well the coincidence *cough* "pattern" suggests another today and the Wormhole have already confirmed they are being announced on Friday.

So one of the above is definitely a possibility.

Oh damnit, I'd got the dates wrong and thought the Wormhole was today! Boooo

Still hoping the Wormhole comes with the complete Park area on Friday. That'd be grand!

Edited by Sasperella

43 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

I'm sure @eFestivals would have a better memory than me though, especially if he had to pull a late one to update the lineup page.

there's been a major line-up announcement (either 1st announcement or whole thing, I forget which) at 10pm about a decade ago. It was timed at 10pm to synchronise with The Guardian's publication times I think.

I remember it because I'd just ordered my dinner in the pub and to watch footie and then had to wolf it down, miss the match, and get home.

(I have a feeling I also got what was being announced sent to me in advance that year too)

18 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

OMG! Really??? On a Glasto bus? Everyone was cracking open the tinnies past Bristol on my last coach to Glastonbury!

My mate was coming to stay with me and was late because a guy got booted off a National Express for drinking before (they did warn him once though) so it can happen. Not sure about their Glasto buses though!

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's been a major line-up announcement (either 1st announcement or whole thing, I forget which) at 10pm about a decade ago. It was timed at 10pm to synchronise with The Guardian's publication times I think.

I remember it because I'd just ordered my dinner in the pub and to watch footie and then had to wolf it down, miss the match, and get home.

(I have a feeling I also got what was being announced sent to me in advance that year too)

Out of interest, do you know what happens to the traffic on the Glasto lineup page once the full list is on the official site? I feel bad for you scrambling every year, because that's the moment I close the eFests lineup tab on my browser and don't come back for 6 months. Do you actually see an uptick in interest, or are most people like me and looking at the official site mainly from that point onwards?

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That would be about right then. I remember it being the Bruce year so '09.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

I've never actually done the coach, always been lucky enough to end up on a normal ticket. What's the crack, you choose your departure city and day when you buy, then they just chuck you a random time?

For most destinations, yes. For London and Bristol you get to pick, presumably because there are so many people going from those locations. While it's nice to be able to choose your own departure time, it can actually be more stressful when buying as you can select one time that says sold out then have to go back to another etc etc. For everywhere else it's random times.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

For most destinations, yes. For London and Bristol you get to pick, presumably because there are so many people going from those locations. While it's nice to be able to choose your own departure time, it can actually be more stressful when buying as you can select one time that says sold out then have to go back to another etc etc. For everywhere else it's random times.

Yeah I can imagine. I've always looked at the coach as a last resort sort of option, nice to know for future reference though

Just now, mufcok said:

Yeah I can imagine. I've always looked at the coach as a last resort sort of option, nice to know for future reference though

I don't drive so it's actually my preference (probably wouldn't even if I did as the idea of queueing from the car parks fills me with dread when you're in and out in no time on the coach!). But didn't manage to get them this year. 

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We've got 1.30pm from Bristol this year - we've been at least an hour earlier previously. This was one of the only spots left on the day. Sort of suits us as our flight is 8.30am from Belfast so gives us ample time for gathering supplies and making our way to the pick-up point. 

6 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

dont actually know how it works with the packages - some friends have actually done that this year but i've not had a chance to speak to them about how it all works?

There's not much to it really - you book your package and (for destinations not in London or Bristol) get allocated your time around now. The coach ticket is sent to you as an e-ticket and you get your festival ticket on the coach. SeeTickets coaches in my experience take longer than National Express, but that's largely because they go from SE London rather than Victoria Coach Station. Otherwise there's no difference, they drop you off right at Ped Gate A.

If you go by coach anyway, it would be silly not to try the coach sales as they give you another option to get tickets. 

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

As a primary school teacher I've not arrived before 6pm on a Friday for about 15 years. 

I'd fucking love to turn up on Thursday!! 

Dan Bailey, Thursday 27 June 2019:

"Year R, copy the above from the whiteboard into your notebooks 20 times"

33 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't drive so it's actually my preference (probably wouldn't even if I did as the idea of queueing from the car parks fills me with dread when you're in and out in no time on the coach!). But didn't manage to get them this year. 

It's my first year going by car this year (being driven to the festival) -  do any veterans have useful tips / pointers for a novice that might help me avoid the general dread, stress and tears that going by car might bring???

5 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

It's my first year going by car this year (being driven to the festival) -  do any veterans have useful tips / pointers for a novice that might help me avoid the general dread, stress and tears that going by car might bring???

Go Thursday morning